Chelsea 0-1 Nottm Forest

ZAPHOD2319

It IS baffling if you play people based only on in-game form, but I guess there are two other considerations: he's our captain, and Poch is seeing him in training not just on match day. Like I said above, 99% of us also wanted Sterling sold or benched but Poch gave him the run of games and now he's found his form in the system.

He could have scored in pretty much every game he's played so far I think and been not far off, honestly he might score a couple today and we'll all look dumb complaining about him being out there. Lets at least watch the first half before slamming Poch on this one, imo.

1 minute ago, lucio said:

madueke on the left wing is better than playing a slow left back there. or actually play maatsen there, no excuse for this chilwell lw shite

Madueke never played on the left wing in his entire career. 

Gosh, teams managed by u lots would get relegated with 0 points. 

Just now, Gundalf said:

Madueke never played on the left wing in his entire career. 

Gosh, teams managed by u lots would get relegated with 0 points. 

sterling at lw then and madueke rw, makes more sense than fucking chilwell on the wing.  Team managed by you would be in league 2

1 minute ago, lucio said:

sterling at lw then and madueke rw, makes more sense than fucking chilwell on the wing.  Team managed by you would be in league 2

Sterling had 1 entire shit year and now is slowly coming back to form so consistency is really key for him now. Imagine switching him to the left and he is shit there, all his confidence would be gone that he built after the 2 last games before the international break. 

3 minutes ago, lucio said:

So u think u know better than Poch. That hybris lol

1 minute ago, Gundalf said:

Sterling had 1 entire shit year and now is slowly coming back to form so consistency is really key for him now. Imagine switching him to the left and he is shit there, all his confidence would be gone that he built after the 2 last games before the international break. 

Confidence will be gone? He's a 29 year old footballer with loads of experience playing on both wings. Arguably his best football even came on the left. 

Lineup as expected. This weird lopsided formation is driving me nuts. Sterling, Enzo and Chilwell all playing slightly out of position is such a mad move. Not starting with only having 2 offensive players vs fkin Nott forest. You can tell it will be another festival or wasted chances by Enzo and Chilly with sterling producing tons of turnovers. Still expect us to win tho. Everything else would be unacceptable.

I just hope, when the rest of our attackers are fit again, Poch changes this. Cos we sure as hell should not have Nkunku and Sterling competing for that RW spot which has them both on their weaker foot cutting inside.

1 minute ago, Gundalf said:

maatsen or madueke then. both way better options than chilwell.

Just now, Gundalf said:

Fair point.

I mostly feel bad for Noni here, I didn't see it but he apparently played well midweek and I'm of the mind that you should always give a guy another game immediately after a good performance if you can. Would probably have preferred us to roll the dice on Noni RW and Sterling LW but I think we should remember to be patient with Chilwell as I said above. Lets see how the game goes. 

11 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

People really thinking that a 21yo player who never started a PL game in his career comes right into the starting lineup for Chelsea after 2 days of training are more than delusional

You said we have no other left winger, I'm pointing out we do, also he might not have started a prem game, but he more than contributed towards them winning the treble and the supercup. Half the buys from abroad have "never started a prem game" yet they still walk into a team.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Confidence will be gone? He's a 29 year old footballer with loads of experience playing on both wings. Arguably his best football even came on the left. 

And still u could see that all his confidence was gone last year and even in this years preseason. Funny how 90% of people here wanted him sold to the Saudis 1 month ago and now he is our best player so far. Just shows how little we know abouot football. 

Bit Graham Potter-esque some of the personnel decisions Poch is making, aren't they? He's much better than Graham at talking to the media and I think there is a lot of value in playing a consistent system instead of tinkering all the time but boy playing people in weird positions is really hard for us fans to get our heads around isn't it?

Like seeing Sterling being asked to play as wingback all over again.

7 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

And still u could see that all his confidence was gone last year and even in this years preseason. Funny how 90% of people here wanted him sold to the Saudis 1 month ago and now he is our best player so far. Just shows how little we know abouot football. 

Because we had a manager playing him at wing back and implementing awful football. I see no drastic difference playing Sterling on the left than on the right when Sterling's best football came at the left. 

It's clear as day Poch is more focused on defensive structure vs attacking impetus. He's already caught the Chelsea manager bug. With everyone fit this Chilwell at LW experiment better be in the bin. 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Because we had a manager playing him at wing back and implementing awful football. I see no drastic difference playing Sterling on the left than on the right when Sterling's best football came at the left. 

It's clear as day Poch is more focused on defensive structure vs attacking impetus. He's already caught the Chelsea manager bug. With everyone fit this Chilwell at LW experiment better be in the bin. 

And we will see Sterling on the left for sure. I think Poch wants to have a consistent lineup, a clear foundation for the start, and when this is set, make small changes. Cant blame him for trying to play it consistent and kinda save after such a chaotic season. 

Build your structure first, then vary within this structure. What makes it more complicated is that Madueke hasnt been fit during preseason and Mudryk catched some weird "injury?" and Palmer is the new guy.

We will see more changes after the international break for sure. 

Edited by Gundalf

10 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Bit Graham Potter-esque some of the personnel decisions Poch is making, aren't they? He's much better than Graham at talking to the media and I think there is a lot of value in playing a consistent system instead of tinkering all the time but boy playing people in weird positions is really hard for us fans to get our heads around isn't it?

Like seeing Sterling being asked to play as wingback all over again.

I’m just annoyed that there are so few potential goal scorers in these XI’s. Literally only 2 of our starting lineup I genuinely think to myself have a good chance of scoring, Sterling and Jackson. And elite club should have about 4 or 5 in their first XI.

Enzo and Caicedo aren’t really goal threats, Gallagher hasn’t been since he returned here from Palace, and Chilly isn’t even an actual attacker.

We need to switch to 4-3-3 after the international break when a bunch of our players are hopefully back fit. 

Сhеlsеа vs Nоttіnghаm Fоrеst

2 September 2023 at 15:00.

Fir.png Browser Links

99%
Play Web

99%
Play Web

99%
Play Web

99%
Play Web

99%