Chelsea 2-1 AFC Wimbledon

ZAPHOD2319

54 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

So, we have scraped a win over League Two opposition thanks to their brainfart, playing pretty much our first team? Nice.

First team? In our ideal 11 only Colwill and Sanchez are starters and there's a solid chance Badiashile and Petrovic take their place as well. Gallagher and Disasi started previous games but everyone knows they are not going to be starters long term. 

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

First team? In our ideal 11 only Colwill and Sanchez are starters and there's a solid chance Badiashile and Petrovic take their place as well. Gallagher and Disasi started previous games but everyone knows they are not going to be starters long term. 

Cucu is a regular (unfortunately), Maatsen was supposed to be evaluated as 1st team, Madueke is supposed to be a default winger of what I understand, Gusto is a starter atm, Jackson is a starter, Enzo is Enzo, Caicedo barely licked the game, but he was there. And we got a hold of a game when they were subbed in. Not quite what I would expect to see in early rounds of Carobao cup tbh. Moreiro, Burstow and Ugocchukwu were more at their place there.

Edited by Vegetable

1 minute ago, Vegetable said:

Cucu is a regular (unfortunately), Maatsen was supposed to be evaluated as 1st team, Madueke is supposed to be a default winger of what I understand, Gusto is a starter atm, Jackson is a starter, Enzo is Enzo, Caicedo barely licked the game, but he was there. And we got a hold of a game when they were subbed in. Not quite what I would expect to see in early rounds of Carobao cup tbh. Moreiro, Burstow and Ugocchukwu were more at their place there.

So it wasn’t our starters in the first half, but we brought some on in the second and won. You see it a lot with top teams. It is not a big deal. It will be interesting against Brighton if we leave actual starters on the bench

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It will be interesting against Brighton if we leave actual starters on the bench

That's true, especially that without Europe I suppose there will be bit more pressure to stay in cups as long as possible and ideally win something, even if it's the mighty Carobao Cup 

lol their GKer was way over the line for Noni pen.

Enzo, Conor and Noni should have scored.

Cucu been a lot involved in attack. Ugo lost ball 2 times in dangerous area.

This is my two cents from highlights.

5 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Brighton at home

Between games against Villa at home and Fulham away. Good news is that Fulham game is on Monday so 5 days after Brighton. Enough time for rest and all 3 games in London.

Since Brighton is very good team and we have no European footy this is best chance for silverware so no rotation for that game.

Edited by NikkiCFC

Weird game. Obviously one we should have won higher again bc of all the chances we had. At this rate we will continue undeservedly losing and drawing games in PL where we are the better team.

Happy for Enzo to score his first but he is one of the worst bottlers and should be kept far away from Opposition goal and that ominous no 10 role. He is deluxe Jorginho (minus the pens) not a misunderstood Zidane. 

That pen on Big Rob was a terrible decision. He punches the ball clear first like he always does and half a second later that headless chicken runs into his fist. Wtf was he gonna do about it. Not convinced with our new no 1 either but 0 blame here 

Noni like you would expect from a flair player vs subpar opposition looked quite impressive and should have scored more. Took his penalty very well, Willian style . 

this is the exact kind of game reliable squad players like Conor, Ugo, Maatsen can be clutch. Moreira, Humphrey and Burstow are still raw and need to go out o loan. 

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

This still happening. 

I want to believe they are going there to do some happy yes-man stuff, congratulate the team and go. If it's anything else, I can see Poch jesttisoning from here before the season ends.

Poor from reading around but got the job done.

These kids have a lot to learn, which we knew but they a rarer than fresh steak. Needs o be a lot of patience and nurturing with them.

A win is win, and as Poch said, PL teams have gone and we played poor and are through

On 31/08/2023 at 10:48, We Hate Scouse said:

Wasn't impressed with Moreira, he looked way out of his depth, you expect these youngsters to shine against L2 opposition, it certainly doesn't bode well for their future...

he was played on the LW, he is almost a pure RWer