The Next Manager?

10 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Personally I don't want him back in the team. His huge ego and whining compared to what he brings on the pitch, it's not worth it for me. Also that interview he did, professionally was unforgiveable.

The pointing...it makes me cringe!!!

5 hours ago, milka said:

Will we push Lukaku another season with a different manager?

He clearly showed that he does not want to return, why again?

We don't need to "push" him. He has contract, he gets huge salary, he got obligations aswell. If the next manager wants to keep him then he stays. Considering how tragic our goalscoring record is, I wouldn't be surprised if he would be included in the pre-season squad, unless we got a really tempting offer, which I doub.t.

I do think if we get this summer right (and in that I mean the managerial appointment, shipping out the squad surplus and adding a couple of key additions), top 4 is right there for the taking to jump straight back into it next year and this weekend has only strengthened my feelings on this.

I think Arsenal and Newcastle will both find it much harder with Champions League football (assuming Newcastle get it) and the increased schedule. I know Arsenal were in the Europa this season but they won't be able to rotate and treat the Champions League in the same way. United are the best of a bad bunch this season in my opinion going for top 4. Liverpool could well improve, really depends on their recruitment this summer as some key players are starting to get older. Spurs are Spurs and could be in dire straits if Kane leaves.

15 hours ago, Superblue said:

I do think if we get this summer right (and in that I mean the managerial appointment, shipping out the squad surplus and adding a couple of key additions), top 4 is right there for the taking to jump straight back into it next year and this weekend has only strengthened my feelings on this.

I think Arsenal and Newcastle will both find it much harder with Champions League football (assuming Newcastle get it) and the increased schedule. I know Arsenal were in the Europa this season but they won't be able to rotate and treat the Champions League in the same way. United are the best of a bad bunch this season in my opinion going for top 4. Liverpool could well improve, really depends on their recruitment this summer as some key players are starting to get older. Spurs are Spurs and could be in dire straits if Kane leaves.

I think we have second/third/fourth best squad in the league. Considering Chelsea's lack of European football next season plus actually having one of the best squads in the league, I think it's a must to challenge straight for top 4. It wouldn't be surprising either.

I really hope that the next manager is the right one. Right mindset, right approach etc. He'll get so much time for training sessions that bad choice would be criminal. But I'm so deflated off this season that for me any manager has the potential to be walking disaster for these players.

Fuck me have we not sorted this deal for Poch yet? What are they waiting for?

Christmas?

We sacked Potter almost 5 weeks ago…. I get the whole getting it right approach but nearly 5 weeks now and Poch has been the favourite for at least 3 weeks - what are they waiting for?

I know their saying search to end or working on contracts now but honestly its taken an absolute age. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

37 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Fuck me have we not sorted this deal for Poch yet? What are they waiting for?

Christmas?

We sacked Potter almost 5 weeks ago…. I get the whole getting it right approach but nearly 5 weeks now and Poch has been the favourite for at least 3 weeks - what are they waiting for?

I know their saying search to end or working on contracts now but honestly its taken an absolute age. 

Noises seem to have cranked up again over this weekend and would suggest completion is imminent. 

I've partly wondered whether a commitment from both parties was actually waiting on Chelsea to confirm themselves 100% safe from being relegated, despite it always being extremely unlikely to happen.

It would be good to draw a line under this saga now. Like you mentioned, I'm glad they've taken their time with this appointment and hopefully that due diligence pays off. However it has seemed like being Poch's for a while now. It'll be good to get everything completed so he can start planning pre season, discussing transfer strategy with the football directors, etc - any small margins to try and hit the ground running.