The Next Manager?

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yep we won title last year and FA now, but also finished without CL for second time in 3 year. This is worrying, lets not pretend that title fixes issues. We have problems left and right, from squad quality, unstable manager situation, incompetent board, Roman trouble with UK, ...never mind we stall on every deal, overspend on shit players, cant get transfers in quality and early...

Its like Inter who won CL and is now shit ever since. 

There is a lot of uncertainty at the minute but time and again the club has come through that to carry on the cycle of success again. Also with the exception of possibly City, every other team would trade with us for the success we've had in the last 4 seasons. Sport is about competition - being number one and winning. None of the top 6 bar us and City have in the last 6 years. The likes of Spurs and Liverpool can look at their projects and feel positive for the future but neither have won anything yet and until they do, they have nothing to show for their building over the past few seasons.

We may have papered over cracks, etc in recent seasons but the facts remain that we have won trophies and if you have the option to win now or build for the future with no guarantees that success will follow then you have to take the win now approach. We may well pay for that over the next year or two, but then again we may make decisions this summer which send us back to the top challenging again.

We need to assess things when the season starts. For all we know by then we could have a manager like Sarri in, a new director of football and 3 or 4 top drawer players added and be really optimistic.

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just think about how excited the supporters of all of our rivals are about the summer and next season. City walked the title, have the best manager in the world locked in for years on a fresh contract. Brilliant squad that's about to get even fucking scarier. Liverpool just made the CL final, have a brilliant manager, already made two signings that take their midfield to a completely different level. United will spend mega money as usual. Even Arse fans are delighted to have a competent new manager and are underway signing players.

Chelsea meanwhile are in total chaos from the outside looking in. Us fans don't have the slightest clue what's going on, who our manager is going to be, whether our talismanic player and keeper are going to stay. It's like we don't really have anything to be excited about currently. 

Hopefulky something will happen on the fabled June 1st that we've been hearing about. I doubt it. Fully expect we'll get to the start of the World Cup and still nothing will have happened.

I agree 

but pep is the best manager? Haha how? 

And secondly great coach klopp? Haha with 6 finals lost?? 

The best coach is between zidane ,poschetino and alegri. 

I log on, hope to find updates.  See nothing.  Why do I do this to myself? 

I would like to have Sarri, but if it's not going to happen, they need to just stop looking around and realise that Conte will be the coach next season.  Then either, get him what he wants, or be prepared for a season of moaning (assuming he doesn't walk out right before the season starts).

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Can anyone tell me what is keeping Sarri from resigning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did some digging and found this. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/08/marcelo-bielsa-resigns-as-lazio-manager-after-just-two-days

Apparently 2 years ago Bielsa resigned after 2 days at Lazio. There seems to be some articles saying Lazio wanted to sue Bielsa for 50 million but there's no info on whether they actually did. 

So it does seem possible that Sarri could just resign. Napoli would probably sue him to get some compensation. 

Edit: unless ofcourse there's a specific clause in the contract stating a fixed amount if there's a unilateral breach of contract.

It is dead for Sarri after Chelsea have become aware of Sarri’s homophobic and racist past.

It is now most likely Laurent Blanc will be appointed.

1 hour ago, BXL70 said:

It is dead for Sarri after Chelsea have become aware of Sarri’s homophobic and racist past.

It is now most likely Laurent Blanc will be appointed.

Doubt very much it has sod all to do with that mate. Not like it wasm't known before. And was a very soft word as Ive gay mates who regulatly say it to each other and worse. It was a kneejerk reaction to a manager that had been winding him up to get a reaction. He got one.

Its all down to the dosh the penny pinching gits!

Imagine the salary ZZ would get.