Chelsea 2-2 Everton

4 hours ago, gdlk said:

Just lol with yorkshireblue comments and keeping defending that fraud Harry Potter..

Seems you dont understand football at all.. 

Dont want to speak on behalf of @YorkshireBlue, but I don't think he's exactly defending Potter in the post above. He pretty much said that Potter has probably got to go, as it looks like he has too much to learn on the job. he's just saying the coach probably still has potential and could succeed somewhere else by learning from the mistakes he made here.

6 hours ago, gdlk said:

Just lol with yorkshireblue comments and keeping defending that fraud Harry Potter..

Seems you dont understand football at all.. 

Didn't defend him once, actually read a post before replying, it helps the discussion a lot more. 

You are saying that TT football was boring while GP is some atractive.. While there isnt any difference because we use and now TTs tactics.. 

Just GP didnt implemented nothing new. 

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He said GP football is frustrating. There are times that GP ball is fun to watch, but you always feel like someone is going to pull the chair out from underneath and then it happens. Not all aspects of GP need to be bad to still have the sum total undesirable. 

Tuchel ball was boring, but effective in cups. Until it wasn't and then it was just boring losing football

People can say what they want but some of our best performances in recent times were under Tuchel, particularly big games. Granted some bad results in smaller games but there was more about the group then than there is now in terms of personality, mentality and intensity. And whats changed? Yes Rudi and Christensen left then in January Jorginho but the managers a big influence in that also.

I think most would rather us being a tad more boring and effective than this team which is more leaning towards being a style but no substance team. The way it looks with Potter is that we are more likely to end up a lot more like Wenger’s Arsenal teams towards the end, you know the old they will be good in 3 or 4 years if they keep their players together. Or the ones with Sanchez and Ozil who would be capable of guttering small relegation teams with ease then get beasted by proper teams in matches that matter.

Lets see how we will fair v Real under Potter compared to the last 2 seasons under Tuchel. Be a big difference, wait and see. 

Some peoples opinions regarding Tuchel seem to have been warped severely, particularly the comparisons about how we’re attacking this season and how we did last season. Yes the attacking play wasn’t fantastic last season but has it actually been any better this season? No, not really. Its still got a heavy emphasis on Reece James and Ben Chilwell playing well out wide and other than Joao Felix maybe providing a spark at times, it is still unbelievably predictable and unbelievably bad to watch most weeks.

I mean it nearly took us nearly 3 months of fixtures to score 2 goals in a single game this calendar year - so I would say there is a lot of short memories on here.

In fact, the narrative this season has usually been the attacking issues (which are basically the same issues we had with Tuchel) are ‘frustrating’ under Graham Potter but they weren’t under Tuchel, instead they were his fault? And his fault alone but weren’t Potters months ago? How does that work… 🤡

Edited by OneMoSalah

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

People can say what they want but some of our best performances in recent times were under Tuchel, particularly big games. Granted some bad results in smaller games but there was more about the group then than there is now in terms of personality, mentality and intensity. And whats changed? Yes Rudi and Christensen left then in January Jorginho but the managers a big influence in that also.

I think most would rather us being a tad more boring and effective than this team which is more leaning towards being a style but no substance team. The way it looks with Potter is that we are more likely to end up a lot more like Wenger’s Arsenal teams towards the end, you know the old they will be good in 3 or 4 years if they keep their players together. Or the ones with Sanchez and Ozil who would be capable of guttering small relegation teams with ease then get beasted by proper teams in matches that matter.

Lets see how we will fair v Real under Potter compared to the last 2 seasons under Tuchel. Be a big difference, wait and see. 

Some peoples opinions regarding Tuchel seem to have been warped severely, particularly the comparisons about how we’re attacking this season and how we did last season. Yes the attacking play wasn’t fantastic last season but has it actually been any better this season? No, not really. Its still got a heavy emphasis on Reece James and Ben Chilwell playing well out wide and other than Joao Felix maybe providing a spark at times, it is still unbelievably predictable and unbelievably bad to watch most weeks.

I mean it nearly took us nearly 3 months of fixtures to score 2 goals in a single game this calendar year - so I would say there is a lot of short memories on here.

In fact, the narrative this season has usually been the attacking issues (which are basically the same issues we had with Tuchel) are ‘frustrating’ under Graham Potter but they weren’t under Tuchel, instead they were his fault? And his fault alone but weren’t Potters months ago? How does that work… 🤡

I don't think GP is the answer. We are seeing more progressive football recently and at times horrific defense. It was Tuchel's game plan to hold possession and possibly knick a goal to win. Possession football just to play keep away from your opponent is boring football. It got us some cups, but it truly was boring. When you are no longer winning and playing boring football, the fans get restless.

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I don't think GP is the answer. We are seeing more progressive football recently and at times horrific defense. It was Tuchel's game plan to hold possession and possibly knick a goal to win. Possession football just to play keep away from your opponent is boring football. It got us some cups, but it truly was boring. When you are no longer winning and playing boring football, the fans get restless.

We were a possession based side with Tuchel and it worked though - just needed a more in attack and I don’t think us spending bucketloads on attacking players this season weakens that argument at all.

I don’t think we were a million miles away (granted poor start to the campaign) where as now, with Potter, we look well off where we were. 

Fans will appreciate being a bit more “boring” - well whatever the fuck that actually is meant to mean because its hardly as if the footballs been thrilling throughout most of this season, has it 😂? - and competing in big games and for bigger trophies than being a team who might not even finish top half having spent £600m since the beginning of the season. But each to their own.

And no your right, Graham Potter has never been the answer, if it wasn’t clear when he was appointed it should be now. If you intend to be serious as a club, you cannot just dump an elite level coach for somebody who’s achievements in the games didn’t merit the opportunity here.

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

If you intend to be serious as a club, you cannot just dump an elite level coach for somebody who’s achievements in the games didn’t merit the opportunity here.

Without knowing what happened behind the scenes, there were some pretty bad rumors coming out in the media about what Tuchel said to the ownership group (especially when they mentioned the idea of a footballing director structure being in place at Chelsea)....which eventually led to them deciding to sack him.

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

It is a different team though, with two of our best defenders no longer with the club, Jorginho out the door and Mount is pretty much gone as well. 

Let's try to compare apples to apples rather than trying to compare apples to oranges.   I still question whether we actually needed Cucurella or Mudryk.   130 million that could have been spent on a partner for Enzo in the engine room...and instead we signed squad fillers. 

On 21/03/2023 at 15:36, gdlk said:

So how you find Man Citys football?? 

1. Spend a truckload of money 
  2. Hire Pep as a manager or
  3. Gamble on someone w/ same philosophy to
  4. Build a squad w/ high work rate, mobility, and on-the-ball skill (esp CBs and even gk)

It seems we are only good at #1 above.

TBH, I don't necessarily want/need that to happen, but this is what would take IMO.