Chelsea 2-0 Dortmund (Aggregate 2-1)

James

15 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I must be misunderstanding you here because I don't see why a keeper shouldn't be allowed to play the ball outside the penalty area. He has the same 'rights' as any other player. It's just that he has special rights when he in his own penalty area. When he's doing a drop kick from the edge of his penalty area, as long as he doesn't handle the ball outside the area, why can't he can drop it wherever he likes? 

Sorry OFAG yes, what I've seen is so many keepers taking the drop kick when handling the ball outside the area -seems to be a blind spot to officials, though it's more noticeable when watching on TV

29 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I must be misunderstanding you here because I don't see why a keeper shouldn't be allowed to play the ball outside the penalty area. He has the same 'rights' as any other player. It's just that he has special rights when he in his own penalty area. When he's doing a drop kick from the edge of his penalty area, as long as he doesn't handle the ball outside the area, why can't he can drop it wherever he likes? 

Yes! but not when he's still holding the ball, as Fulham Broadway say's

I've seen so many keepers holding onto the ball on their run up to launching the kick and then encroaching they are hold the ball outside the penalty area so long as there is at least 1mm of the keepers back foot on a part of the white line...to me it's handball.

But you're going to tell me the law has changed and they're allowed to do it, this and every aspect that they have changed is ruining the game, not making it better.

I think i'd better desist on this subject, before I get pulled to order, may we can have a thread regarding the laws of the game.

Edited by bigbluewillie

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Sorry OFAG yes, what I've seen is so many keepers taking the drop kick when handling the ball outside the area -seems to be a blind spot to officials, though it's more noticeable when watching on TV

5 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I've seen so many keepers holding onto the ball on their run up to launching the kick and then encroaching they are hold the ball outside the penalty area so long as there is at least 1mm of the keepers back foot on a part of the white line...to me it's handball.

But you're going to tell me the law has changed and they're allowed to do it, this and every aspect that they have changed is ruining the game, not making it better.

I think i'd better desist on this subject, before I get pulled to order, may we can have a thread regarding the laws of the game.

Ah, I get you. I can't say I've noticed that. Maybe officials have taken their eyes off this because keepers don't kick from hands anywhere near as often as they used to.

These days it should actually be easier for the linos to monitor this. In the old days they would jockey level with the front edge of the penalty area watching to see that keepers didn't carry the ball out of the area, then sprint hell for leather after the kick to get in line with the last defender who had pushed up towards halfway. Nowadays, the last defender is usually standing next to the goalkeeper. 🙂

5 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

It’s crazy keepers get away with handling outside the area almost every time. Even the blatantly obvious ones like Martinez in the 2020 FA cup final

It is never even checked. they could easily use the offside line technology for that esp when it’s preventing a goal. 
pretty sure the bvb goalie did Cary the ball outside the he box when he snatched it before Sterling but no one bat an eye. 

On 09/03/2023 at 18:11, Strike said:

you do not seem to understand the basic rules of the game (ie. the penalty arc)

you can plainly see (Özcan is on the right) he is within 10 yards of the pen spot (as in the Dortmund player directly behind Kai) 

Özcan is INSIDE THE PEN ARC

VAR showed the replay from multiple angles during the game, and you could see he was within 10 yards

f0d7dec4490af21ff5baefa547660609.png

18a239644a8bd77500a06fb5f34995a0.jpg

both were inside the arc BEFORE Kai even touched the ball

9e427e0e8510c9665864e83be4213e48.png

75c6725e6dc379aed085c58c7b2d3123.png

0ef83b21e87548278f2474babc2906e0.png

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

23792d0e14c2931b041054c1bd9a028d.png

CASE CLOSED