5. Benoit Badiashile

ZAPHOD2319

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Surprised how good he is already. Strong in the tackle comfortable on the ball unbeatable in the air.
Maybe playing with Thiago makes you instantly look better but he I did not expect him to make this instant an impact. 

Agreed, wasn't sure if he would even make it into the XI tbh but looks like an astute buy and getting time being personally developed by Thiago Fuckin Silva cannot be underestimated, think this guy will be amazing for us. Curious what happens when Fofana is fit again, I guess he is just rotation for Thiago to manage his age a bit.

On 17/01/2023 at 15:25, Pizy said:

With Colwill coming into his own and reports that he absolutely has a future here, it’ll be interesting to see what happens since he and Badiashile have the same profile as smooth left rotted CB’s and each are around the same age.

If we become a back 3 side for good then they can play in the same defense. A back 3 of Fofana, Colwill, and Badiashile could be our CB group for a LONG time. Even if we are a back 4 team going forward we’ll need 4 quality CB’s in the squad so Levi should be kept anyways.

Back 3 should rightfully be scrapped. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Feel bad for the guy being left out of the CL squad. I get why but he's looked very solid last couple of games 

Would of took him in instead of Mudryk if I was honest. Nothing against Mudryk but I think BB has been pretty exceptional since he’s come in really. He looks like he’s been here for ages. Plus him and Silva look like they are our best pairing already. Why not take that in Europe?

32 minutes ago, manpe said:

Great find by the scouts!

You mean the FM2019 scouts? I even feel Marina could have passed on him a few times before, but I actually like the idea of buying at least a bit proven wonderkids when they are more expensive, but not yet ridiculously expensive and not the hottest thing on Twitter right now.. Big plus for him not looking lost in Premier League that seems to be the case with a lot of wonderkids. Shame he was left out of CL, another very wired decision. 

On the other hand, french fans were pointing he is prone to mistakes and he seems to be a bit forgotten by other big clubs, so wouldn't be surprised if love for him lasts until his first howler.

Edited by Vegetable

Still getting used to the increased intensity of the league but already very comfortable. All he really has to do is iron out the 1 or 2 positional errors he has had each game so far and he’ll be a mainstay in the team for a long time.

His few mistakes have pretty much all been either getting caught not fully switched on when the ball gets turned over quickly or like yesterday when he was wrong side of the Fulham winger who raced in behind him. But even after the mistake yesterday he was able to get back in front of Decordova and snuff it out.

He basically devours anything played in his area in the air and he’s very calm in possession. 

On 03/02/2023 at 16:24, ulsterchelsea said:

Feel bad for the guy being left out of the CL squad. I get why but he's looked very solid last couple of games 

Leaving Benoit out was a ludicrous decision which can't help but hurt us. He should have been selected ahead of Felix in my view. He should definitely have been in ahead of one of the new boys for sure.

3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Leaving Benoit out was a ludicrous decision which can't help but hurt us. He should have been selected ahead of Felix in my view. He should definitely have been in ahead of one of the new boys for sure.

The only reason I can think of for having Felix instead, is that might have been part of the agreement when we signed him. That he would be selected for the CL.

19 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

The only reason I can think of for having Felix instead, is that might have been part of the agreement when we signed him. That he would be selected for the CL.

That's possible I'm sure but, if so, then M&M or Enzo had to be sacrificed. This would have been Enzo for me but I know virtually no one will agree with me about that. 🙂 

41 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I would have left Mudryk out

I know it sounds insane, but Felix is more experienced and also the massive cost of his loan versus so few games he can play basically mandates he be included

Mudryk has 8 and half years left on his contract and is on low wages

FUCK UEFA rules limiting us to so few adds

we should (and all clubs should) be able to do whatever they want with the CL roster

19 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That's possible I'm sure but, if so, then M&M or Enzo had to be sacrificed. This would have been Enzo for me but I know virtually no one will agree with me about that. 🙂 

leaving out Enzo after we binned Jorginho would be even crazier than leaving out Badiashile

no Enzo then our MF is in even worse shambles than our CBs with no Badi

Kante is very likely not going to be fit (and if he is, it is odds-on he gets injured right away gain, I have ZERO faith left in his body, as I predicted)

Kova has been injured a lot (he is going to HAVE to be healthy if we are going to go deeper), Zakaria is now injured as well

Gallagher is overall shit, RLC is shit and injured, Mount is terrible atm, Carney is so inexperienced 

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I would have left Mudryk out

I know it sounds insane, but Felix is more experienced and also the massive cost of his loan versus so few games he can play basically mandates he be included

I think, if used correctly, Mudryck offers something unique within this squad, so I would certainly want him in the CL list. As for the cost of Felix, I'd treat it as a nil item. Unless there are specific clauses we will probably never learn about, his fee and wages have to be paid whether he features in the CL or not, so that shouldn't be a consideration when selecting the squad.

Mudryk has 8 and half years left on his contract and is on low wages

Ditto Mudryck costs.

FUCK UEFA rules limiting us to so few adds

This part of your comment is seven words too long.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie