Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

Jose will never drop him - he loves that long goal kick to the right wing so Ivanovic can try to win a header too much. That is one of Jose's go-to tactical instructions: hoof kick and potential flick on.

The special one :worship:

And that's one of the reasons why he's the best manager in the universe and beyond. Such tactical ingenuity that's only bested by his "two striker formation whenever we are chasing the game".

And that's one of the reasons why he's the best manager in the universe and beyond. Such tactical ingenuity that's only bested by his "two striker formation whenever we are chasing the game".

I sometimes wonder how often they practise it in training.

I sometimes wonder how often they practise it in training.

Quite alot it will seem giving how inept and unprepared we look in other areas. I don't even think we practice organized attacking moves, pressing as a unit and movements on and off the ball in training because if we do then, either our players are incapable of learning and putting what they learn into practice or what we are doing in training isn't working. either way we cannot continue playing like a pub team.

He was directly at failt for both goals imo. Could have blocked one and let a cross in from his flank. I think I read that Azpi's flank has only let one cross in and nobody has scored from his flank this season so far.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34025310

According to this Crystal Palace attacked our right side in 50% of their attacks.

Just watched MoTD. What a fucking clown Ivanovic is. What the hell was that. Why he allows players to approach the box and take a shot/cross in without any kind of pressure ? Just standing with hands in the back. The second goal, my world, what a shocking decision. Just joggling in and around the box, no initiative whatsoever, then Cahill-esque backing off when opponent starts run and he is found out of the position or he pretends to exchange position with Zouma because he was too lazy to cover the right space. That's as poor as it gets and I'm not exaggerating here.

In all my years playing as a full back, I have never realised someone would actually not put that tackle in for the first goal. EVEN, if he fouled him, he didn't even have a yellow, we would have cost a set piece. Disgusting.

Remember when me and Jason got hate for slating him, last season. Actually funny now, lol.

Thank him for everything he has done for Chelsea, but I don't want to see him playing anymore. And he even is our second captain.... What a shame...
I have never seen worse performance form a Chelsea player since Boulahrouz, but Ivanovic is a big contender for this place... I can't believe what happened to him and how blind has to be our manager and still play him.

I'm not really angry at Ivanovic, angry at Mourinho. He's just not fit to play in the RB position yet Mourinho sold a proper LB (Filipe Luis) bought another (Baba Rahman) and still seems to think playing an RB out of positon and a CB at RB is the sensible thing to do. I don't think it is fair to criticse a player for performing poorly when he's playing out of position.

What's incredible is we've paid big money for these LBs so they can warm our bench while we play a CB at RB.....

That is like purchasing a giant LED TV only to keep it in its box while you continue to use your old tiny CRT TV set.

Meanwhile you complain that your current TV's display sharpness is poor.

People give Iva way too much crap on here.

I have had a few performances where I have cracked it at him while watching, but people talking as if he has been poor the whole season defensively? Seriously? He is still a better player than Azpi, and if instructed to do so, he'd defend better than him too. He is a brick wall, and 1 on 1 is still one of the best, if not the best defender in the league.

I never see people cracking the shits at Azpi for never providing anything up front, yet Iva cops it if he isn't having a good day crossing it, or having a little trouble at the back.

He is the best RB in the league, still. He has been asked to play more offensively, so clearly there will be a little less to give defensively. Plus he plays on Cahill's side, so cut him some slack.

This is something I posted earlier, in the middle of last season...

This couldn't be any further from the truth right now. He is one of the worst RB in the league. I'm not even sure if he is a RB anymore, seeing as he is hardly ever in position, and when he is, he isn't making any tackles like a back should.

I sit here and yearn for the day Azpi is allowed to play on his natural wing, so he can cross the ball, and we, as a team can actually have crosses reach the box, and possibly our players heads. Ivanovic at the best of times was an average crosser.

If the Balon D'or was won off how many times you can hit the defender in the thigh when trying to cross, Ivanovic would be a runaway winner every year the last 4 years.

I say this as he is one of my favourite players, ever at our club... He needs to go. Azpi is our brick wall on defense. Iva has completely lost it.

Thanks for everything, but lead from the bench. I'm sure you're a great presence in the locker room, and maybe that is where it should stay.