Chelsea 3 - 0 AC Milan

ZAPHOD2319

18 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Still not tragic though. 2 goal win Today and Zagreb-Salzburg draw and we are on top.

I like your optimism. I would like to stay optimistic but everytime I stay optimistic the worst happens so happy being a pessimist.( I was optimistic TT would turn our season around, he got sacked. Before that I was optimistic that TT would be our Pep or Klopp who would lead to many successful seasons and it came to crashing halt) 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

I like your optimism. I would like to stay optimistic but everytime I stay optimistic the worst happens so happy being a pessimist.( I was optimistic TT would turn our season around, he got sacked. Before that I was optimistic that TT would be our Pep or Klopp who would lead to many successful seasons and it came to crashing halt) 🤷‍♂️

I have seen a couple of Milan games this season, including they most recent one. They are solid side but not really impressive, and they have only 14 senior outfielder players available. 

Maignan, Kjaer, Theo, Calabria, Florenzi, Ibra, Saelmakers and Origi all injured(latter could be included in squad), lot of them are important players. We need to give our best but it's a must W.

I really have no clue what to expect because I have no clue what sort of formation or personnel Potter truly fancies yet. There are so many different players who can play that it’s just impossible to predict anything. Will Kepa start or Mendy? Will Cucu start or Chilly? Both together? Will Koulibaly come in for his experience playing against Milan and in big CL matches? Will Mount finally be dropped? Can Kante play? Back 4 or back 3?

Potter has managed so few matches that we don’t know his preferences. I will say though, if Jorginho starts again it’s going to totally drain my hope before kickoff. I’d even rather give Carney or Zakaria their debuts here than see Jorginho getting cooked over and over again.

Go for an athletic, highly mobile midfield. Kova + Zakaria or Kova + Carney. It’ll most certainly be RLC, though if Jorginho isn’t fit. But we need defensive work rate in there which RLC lacks.

Mount really is undroppable I guess. Starts no matter his form. What sort of message does that send? He may go on to have a fantastic game tonight but still, on merit he shouldn’t be starting this. He has been woeful this season.

Other than he and RLC I think that’s a very nice looking side.

Man, other than Leão that Milan XI doesn’t look particularly impressive at all. I’ve never even heard of several of their players.

If our players all play to their top levels this would be a comfortable outing. We have MILES better players than they do. But of course many of our players haven’t been playing at their best levels. 😒