Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Atholy said:

This guy left the EPL at age 26(!) as the #20 on the EPL ALL TIME Top Scorers list.

Pretty unsuccessful indeed 😛

Exactly. I have no idea what people expect from a player if that is considered bad.

Ever since his loan season at WBA (2012/13) I'd say only his last season at Man Utd was a big disappointment. Maybe at a stretch you can consider Lukaku's 2014-15 season at Everton below par too because he only scored ten league goals but even then he finished the season at 20 goals overall due to a strong Europa League campaign (8 goals in 9 games), and after that season he bounced back in the PL too with 18 goals and 25 goals over the following two seasons. That 2016/17 season at Everton was especially good with 24 non-penalty league goals, which is the same as Harry Kane who finished top scorer in the PL with 29 goals (5 pens).

But I guess with some people Lukaku just can't win, they've already made up their minds that he's shit and they only focus on the bad things.

If Lukaku now returns to the PL and stays with Chelsea for the next 4-5 years (which I would assume he does given the investment) he has every chance to finish his career in the top4 PL goalscorers ever, behind only Shearer, Rooney and Kane. In that time he would need to score only 75 goals to achieve that, which is a very reasonable expectation. And if he's a big success he can even usurp Rooney on the list (would need 95 goals to do that). 

Edited by Jype

I don't consider him world-class, but I think he is excellent, just below world-class. His price should be around 70 million pounds, but in today's striker's market it is what it is. He WILL improve us, not as much as Lewa or possibly Haaland, but he will.

I don't think anyone would have something against this happening if the price was lower. But it ain't our money, guys, and we got Kante for 30 millions, Mendy for 20 millions, Azpi for 10 millions, Mount and James for free. Sometimes you overpay, sometimes you underpay. We will overpay for him, but for about 25 millions, not for 50 like we did with Kepa.

Also, I get the feeling that WHOLE WORLD is put on strikers' backs, reading this comments. Would he bring us Premier league, would he bring us UCL, would he improve us? I don't remember anyone asking those questions about let's say Kounde, 70 million pounds rated defender that has only one good season under his belt. Or about Kepa, 80 million keeper, when he was getting here. If you ask me - Mount and Havertz will bring us Premier league, and UCL, again. Not Lukaku, they are better players than him. But Lukaku will help THEM massively, and that is what we should think about and forget about his price tag.

Lukaku is good signing for the middle club like Everton to get them goals to stay in the middle of the table comfortably. He haven't fail in that aspect. He would have scored many goals and he did.

He isn't bad signing if we are determinant to remain on that fourth place. He will get us there. For quite some time.

But Man Utd signed him to make them title contenders and to help them chalenge for the title. As a world class striker who can elevate team to the next level he failed at United. In fact it was when they got rid of him replacing him with their youngsters they became title contenders .

Are we signing him to keep us in that fourth place? Then he is success.  

Are we signing him to make us title contenders? When he failed once. 

IN his 6 Premier Leagues despite all his goals scored he was never considered world class by anyone until we valued him as one. I would be OK with his coming if he was way cheaper and left us with possibility to sign simebody else in the near future.

But putting all the eggs in his basket, I'm shocked.

Just hope Broja shines on his loan I guess.

Edited by laura90

1 minute ago, laura90 said:

Lukaku is good signing for the middle club like Everton to get them goals to stay in the middle of the table comfortably. He haven't fail in that aspect. He would have scored many goals and he did.

He isn't bad signing if we are determinant to remain on that fourth place. He will get us there. For quite some time.

But Man Utd signed him to make them title contenders and to help them chalenge for the title. As a world class striker who can elevate team to the next level he failed at United. In fact it was when they got rid of him replacing him with their youngsters they become title contenders .

Are we signing him to keep us in that fourth place? Than he is success.  

IN his 6 Premier Leagues despite all his goals scored he was never considered world class by anyone until we valued him as one. I would be OK with his coming if he was way cheaper and left us with possibility to sign simebody else in the near future.

At what point in recent years have United been title contenders?

3 minutes ago, laura90 said:

But Man Utd signed him to make them title contenders and to help them chalenge for the title. As a world class striker who can elevate team to the next level he failed at United. In fact it was when they got rid of him replacing him with their youngsters they become title contenders .

Are we signing him to keep us in that fourth place? Than he is success.  

Lukaku never played for a progressive, front foot, assertive side when in England. He was at United in their worst and lowest point in recent history. Let’s at least see how he does now that he will be.

This will be the best team he will have ever played in at club level with arguably the best manager.

59 minutes ago, El P. said:

His price should be around 70 million pounds, but in today's striker's market it is what it is. 

We will overpay for him, but for about 25 millions, not for 50 like we did with Kepa.

His price is 130m euros which is 110m pounds. So we are overpaying it around 50m euros.

Inter paid 74m euros for him 2 years ago when he was younger. His goal per minutes if you take away penalties is not that different in United and Inter. 167 mins per goal vs 178 mins per goal in the league.

So I have no idea how his price is over 50m euros bigger now...

Update again

29 sorted 

we now have 43 players to sort out  🙉

whether sell, keep on main team, loan out, renew, release, or keep on reserves/youth

Tammy Abraham
Marcos Alonso
Ethan Ampadu
Tino Anjorin
Tiemoué Bakayoko 
Lewis Baker 

Thierno Ballo
Ross Barkley
Michy Batshuayi    
Lucas Bergström
Armando Broja
Josh Brooking
Trevoh Chalobah
Jake Clarke-Salter
Danny Drinkwater    
Ben Elliott
Emerson
Bryan Fiabema
Joe Haigh
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Kenedy    
Kepa   
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Xavier Mbuyamba
Sam McClelland
George McEachran
Matt Miazga 
Charly Musonda Jr.  

George Nunn
Abdul Rahman Baba    
Dion Rankine
Malang Sarr 
Teddy Sharman-Lowe
Xavier Simons  
Jude Soonsup-Bell
Dujon Sterling
Ike Ugbo
Tariq Uwakwe
Ethan Wady
Jayden Wareham
Davide Zappacosta    
Karlo Žiger
Kurt Zouma

Ings 29yo with just one year left on contract easily 30m pounds paid.

We struggle to take that for Tammy who is way younger, and has longer contact situation plus and is just 18 goals behind Ings in career while being 6 years younger.

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

His price is 130m euros which is 110m pounds. So we are overpaying it around 50m euros.

Inter paid 74m euros for him 2 years ago when he was younger. His goal per minutes if you take away penalties is not that different in United and Inter. 167 mins per goal vs 178 mins per goal in the league.

So I have no idea how his price is over 50m euros bigger now...

It's 90m pounds as far as I know.