Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Stats said:

First time I have seen Samu play live and he looks good. 2 excellent finishes against United and generally looks a real handful. Mix of pace and aerial ability. 

he looks a different player than the games I watch last season

CFs often take time to develop

and yes, he deffo looks a real mix of threat

same for Duran

Sesko is more a straight up giant CF type

On the bright side, at least our scouts did well and might be right again. Samu and Duran really were not obvious picks last summer 

also there is no guarantee their purple patches will last.

needlessly buying Felix and Kelly man and not even getting either samu or Duran… that was simply bad business just to have that pure profit, doing villa/atleti a solid but not even getting a player we could actually use 

17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

On the bright side, at least our scouts did well and might be right again. Samu and Duran really were not obvious picks last summer 

also there is no guarantee their purple patches will last.

needlessly buying Felix and Kelly man and not even getting either samu or Duran… that was simply bad business just to have that pure profit, doing villa/atleti a solid but not even getting a player we could actually use 

I obviously don't know all the ins and out, but after Fabrizio's tweet earlier today, it leads me to believe Gallagher clearly played a big part in what transpired in the end.

Also, I feel like there has to be more to the board suddenly switching terms up where Samu was concerned (failed medical was supposedly debunked) than we are led to believe. If the main reason behind that was really because Osimhen suddenly became a real possibility, the failure to secure his signing was beyond stupid on their part. We'll know the full effect of all this if any come May.

28 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I obviously don't know all the ins and out, but after Fabrizio's tweet earlier today, it leads me to believe Gallagher clearly played a big part in what transpired in the end.

Also, I feel like there has to be more to the board suddenly switching terms up where Samu was concerned (failed medical was supposedly debunked) than we are led to believe. If the main reason behind that was really because Osimhen suddenly became a real possibility, the failure to secure his signing was beyond stupid on their part. We'll know the full effect of all this if any come May.

10 big questions I want answered (about BlueCo)

1. Why was Tuchel REALLY sacked?

2. Why on earth did we buy Badi AND Disasi and pass on so many far better CBs?

3. Why did we drop 75m quid for an already damaged Wes Fofana?

4. What is the REAL story behind the Shamu 'failed medical' (especially if it is debunked like you said)

5. Why the fuck did we drop £88m on meh keepers (unless Penders turns into a monster) and not one of them was named Mamardashvili?

6. Once Shamu fell through, why the fuck did we not just pay the £40m for Duran (and we could have done that before Shamu as well, plus that would have also meant no need to drop almost 20m quid on the pure dice roll teen Omari Kellyman) and instead went all fuckabout with fucking Osimhen?

7. Why the fuck did we buy a 'clearly in decline' Sterling and then double down on the mistake and give him that insane £85m contract?

8. Why the fuck did we drop a potential £89m (if all add-ons are paid out) on Mudryk?

9. What the fuck is going on with the new stadium?

10. Why have we STILL not locked down a main shirt sponsor?

I will be super generous and NOT bring up the insane overpays for Enzo and Caicedo, nor the KDH buy (although, even if he comes semi-good, there were 10+ better CMF options out there). I also understand (not agree with in most cases, though) some of the other dodgy buys that we dice-rolled on early on in the Boehly as Sporting Director times.

Also we did try with Sesko (as did almost every big club) and he told everyone to piss off, so no anger there from me at all.