Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

you have to adjust for inflation

it is far less revelatory otherwise

for example (as I just did the maths a day or so ago)

Kepa at £75m in 2018 pounds sterling would be £96.3m in 2024 pounds sterling

This looks to be adjusted for general inflation. The numbers might look even more interesting if there was a way to calculate for football inflation.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Looks like we’re going to have to find a new destination for Broja. Move to Ipswich collapsed. Hopefully we can find a better permanent solution rather than a loan.

fuck!!!!

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Also on SkySports, he may have failed his medical....

Latest from Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth:

Sky Sports News understands the deal to take Chelsea forward Armando Broja to Ipswich is unlikely to happen at this stage.

There are reports it has broken down at the paperwork stage.

However, one source has told us his medical highlighted an issue.

As a result - as it stands - the deal has stalled.

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/transfer-centre-live-latest-updates-on-raheem-sterling-mikel-merino-manuel-ugarte-and-more?postid=8171050#liveblog-body

the bloke is perma-wrecked

damaged goods

the only club who buys damaged goods is us atm

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

True. Drogba & Essien were big money signings for their time. Especially the latter, I think.

Got our money's worth and more from their pair of them though.

I'm sorry to confess, once again, that I was against signing Drogba.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Armando Broja's move to Ipswich has stalled due to concern around his Achilles and this has caused Ipswich to delay.

It is understood that the deal could still go through if Chelsea agree to lower their demands for the 22-year-old Albania striker.

[Simon Jones]

7 hours ago, King Kante said:

Happy Lukaku is gone. I can remember how fuming I was about signing him. Closest to putting my foot through a screen I have ever got.

Chris Sutton was that moment for me. I was at a mate's house with a can of party seven in my hand when I heard the deal had gone through. The can nearly went through his window. If it had been my own window I fear the worst about whether I would have let go of that can.

8 hours ago, King Kante said:

... I also hope to see Kepa going. Another player that some tried to make out was OK, despite being a funsized GK with t-rex arms. Literally had to change my avatar to provide a visual aide to some that he was awful. Literally the level of a 3rd choice Madrid GK. 

I was also against the Keppa deal but my objection had nothing to do with his goalkeeping. I knew nothing about his qualities so had no opinion on him, but I was furious with what I saw as a ridiculous transfer fee. I felt so strongly about this that I even said, and meant, that I would prefer to go with teenager Marcin Bulka, rather than pay that kind of money.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

9 minutes ago, mkh said:

Armando Broja's move to Ipswich has stalled due to concern around his Achilles and this has caused Ipswich to delay.

It is understood that the deal could still go through if Chelsea agree to lower their demands for the 22-year-old Albania striker.

[Simon Jones]

just sell him, he wont get any helthier i guess.

We should try Broja as a traditional 6, we need height back there and he has decent pace, awareness, can trade finishing boots for tackling and done, voila. Similar to McTominay, please don’t knock it 

8 minutes ago, IMissEden said:

We should try Broja as a traditional 6, we need height back there and he has decent pace, awareness, can trade finishing boots for tackling and done, voila. Similar to McTominay, please don’t knock it 

Not sure you can just trade finishing boots for tackling boots, and saying he had awareness is a stretch 

27 minutes ago, IMissEden said:

I can’t believe part of the BlueCo winning strategy is Wait for Pep to Leave. From their own statements still cannot believe it 

So is half the league, they are only saying what everyone is thinking, like pep or not, he’s managed to dominate this league and win everything that every top club wants to win, they have had a proper structure at Man City for several years now and it’s worked, Liverpool and arsenal had something similar. This hire and fire strat we had for many years could never compete consistently year after year against well structured teams! Worked very well for us for a decent length of time and could be part of the reason why we might be in trouble now with FFP.