Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I’ll wait until the end of this week before I have a go at them. If the Gallagher deal collapses after he was essentially unveiled as an Atleti player then they deserve every bit of shit coming their way.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’ll wait until the end of this week before I have a go at them. If the Gallagher deal collapses after he was essentially unveiled as an Atleti player then they deserve every bit of shit coming their way.

How is that their fault they found issues with Samu medical and tried to change the terms accordingly. The fact that Atletico is broke and have Conor as an after thought has nothing to do with us deciding we don’t need Samu. Who by the way was a player none of us actually wanted.

Just now, bluesman2610 said:

How is that their fault they found issues with Samu medical and tried to change the terms accordingly. The fact that Atletico is broke and have Conor as an after thought has nothing to do with us deciding we don’t need Samu. Who by the way was a player none of us actually wanted.

I’m still not sure it has been confirmed that it was a medical issue with Samu. I think someone at the club changed their mind last minute after meeting with Jorge Mendes and being made aware that Felix could be had instead. 

The fact that Samu was already being linked to a move to a number of other clubs the minute his move here collapsed tells you that any injury concerns are minor.

42 minutes ago, DDA said:

At first it was all a thrill when these clowns came to town but now it’s gone beyond embarrassing. 

Their so called "project" is going to stop enticing players very soon (if it hasn't already). 

30 minutes ago, Thor said:

They’ve been the most successful team in baseball since they took over. 

To be honest, I meant aside from results. According to a handful who have written here, they take a similar scattergun technique. However, as someone with minimal familiarity of the sport, the skill pool is small when compared to football.

Boehly's odd words irritated me from the minute he took ownership. Unless something has changed, he understands very little about the sport and is attempting to utilise the same strategy, expecting similar results. How's it working out?

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’m still not sure it has been confirmed that it was a medical issue with Samu. I think someone at the club changed their mind last minute after meeting with Jorge Mendes and being made aware that Felix could be had instead. 

The fact that Samu was already being linked to a move to a number of other clubs the minute his move here collapsed tells you that any injury concerns are minor.

No it just means they too haven’t done any medical who is to say they don’t find what we did. Clearly they found something enough to try and change the contract terms.

2 hours ago, TheHulk said:

They don't give a shit about positions they just want to find players so they can flip for profit, who by the way suck even at that, they we're gonna buy Shamu for 35m and actually expected to make a profit on that donkey.

What a shame Clearlake want an ideal scenario for the club. Sell Gallagher, buy no one.

On 11/08/2024 at 23:05, mkh said:

BREAKING: Désiré Doué has decided to join Paris Saint-Germain!

After being 100% focused on Olympics, he has made his decision: it’s PSG.

Nasser Al Khelaifi, Luis Campos, Luis Enrique all involved for PSG.

Final details to be clarified soon then… here we go!

Fabrizio Romano

😵‍💫😭😟

ffs

PSG have taken (or have developed), in Warren Zaïre-Emery's case) so so many targets of mine over the past 4 or so years

Désiré Doué
Marquinhos (he almost left a few years back)
Willian Pacho
Milan Skriniar (free transfer)
Nuno Mendes 
Achraf Hakimi 
João Neves 
Manuel Ugarte (still think he would have fit in well here)
Gabriel Moscardo
Warren Zaïre-Emery 
Vitinha  
Carlos Soler 
Bradley Barcola
Ousmane Dembélé 

On 10/08/2024 at 21:17, NikkiCFC said:

When Salah was linked with Saudi move I thought for sure Neto would be replacement. And he was linked with them. 

yes, I thought for sure they would grab one of these lefty RWers

Ousmane Dembélé
Michael Olise 
Pedro Neto
Leroy Sané
Dejan Kulusevski 
Moussa Diaby 
Savinho

Raphinha
Takefusa Kubo
Jarrod Bowen
Arda Güler 
Johan Bakayoko 
Nico González

still may try for one of the remaining ones (Kubo in bold is most likely I wager)

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Put it this way, I highly doubt Samu will be moving to any of the PL's top 6.   City/Liverpool/United/Spurs/Newcastle are set at striker and I don't think Samu fits with Arteta's game plan at this stage of his development.  

1 hour ago, bluesman2610 said:

No it just means they too haven’t done any medical who is to say they don’t find what we did. Clearly they found something enough to try and change the contract terms.

The only other factor in this....how desperate Napoli are in terms of selling Osimhen to satisfy Conte's requirements.....and the fact that Conte specifically asked for Lukaku as his striker. 

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next week or so.  

as I type this, these CFs and right footed wingers/SS types are still out there

CF

Victor Osimhen
Dušan Vlahović 

Viktor Gyökeres 
Ollie Watkins 
Loïs Openda 

Evan Ferguson
Jonathan David 
Ivan Toney  

Santiago Gimenez 
Jhon Durán 

SS/LW

João Félix  
Ademola Lookman

LW/AMF (red are too expensive atm)

Florian Wirtz  
Jamal Musiala   
Rafael Leão  
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia 

Nico Williams   
Anthony Gordon 
Eberechi Eze  
Federico Chiesa

Ferran Torres
Amine Gouiri   
Jamie Bynoe-Gittens
Morgan Rogers 

Edited by Vesper

1 hour ago, bluesman2610 said:

This reminds me of what we don’t get from either Sterling or Mudryk. It’s actually shocking how dead our LW is.

is he really comfortable to play as LW? because this is the position where i think he will mostly play, if he actually come here

And can we offload both sterling and mudryk in the same window? would be ideal but really unrealistic

Edited by dimmas

16 hours ago, Pizy said:

Only saving Grace is that we didn’t put him on silly wages like £200k+ a week so he should have plenty of clubs that could take him in if we want to get rid. The talent is still there with Mudryk. He just needs to go somewhere where he’s 100% comfortable and confident and under a coach that gives him full belief. Needs a smaller profile club where there isn’t gigantic pressure on him every time he takes the pitch like here.

Atalanta

They do not have a single true winger now on their roster (Lookman plays SS for them) and Gian Piero Gasperini is a master teacher.

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Using a doctors note to get out of spending millions on a footballer 😂 This board has sunk to new depths lol