Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If Chalobah or Gallagher played for Everton or Southampton right now and Chelsea were linked to them everyone here would be in total meltdown. Because they’re decent players and nothing more. 

Would Man City/Arse/Liverpool/Real Madrid/Bayern/PSG etc have Gallagher playing for them? Absolutely ZERO chance. Those clubs are playing at the level we should be playing at.

You’d think reading some Chelsea fans that were selling De Bruyne or Xavi. Conor is a “energy and hustle” player. That’s it. He doesn’t fit in a team that wants to play highly technical, quick pass and move football. End of.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If Chalobah or Gallagher played for Everton or Southampton right now and Chelsea were linked to them everyone here would be in total meltdown. Because they’re decent players and nothing more. 

Would Man City/Arse/Liverpool/Real Madrid/Bayern/PSG etc have Gallagher playing for them? Absolutely ZERO chance. Those clubs are playing at the level we should be playing at.

You’d think reading some Chelsea fans that were selling De Bruyne or Xavi. Conor is a “energy and hustle” player. That’s it. He doesn’t fit in a team that wants to play highly technical, quick pass and move football. End of.

We have heard this forum all season saying he's shit, he offers nothing he needs to be sold in the summer, summer comes linked with a move away and now Chelsea are crazy for selling him and for 30m? So all the guys who said he's shit and needs to go now reckon he's worth much more than 30m and crazy to sell him, it's beyond laughable now.

Chelsea are close to agreeing a deal with Genk for Mike Penders.

The Blues are offering more than €20m package with a percentage on the future resale.

Genk now working on details to make the deal happen after getting an agreement in principle with BlueCo side.

~ @sachatavolieri

Aaron Anselmino has completed his medical with Chelsea today on a £15.6m transfer from Boca Juniors 🤝🔵

The 18-year-old is expected to go back to Boca for the rest of the Argentinian season before joining the Chelsea squad in December or January.

(Skysports)

9 hours ago, Strike said:

I can understand the sale. Connor, like Mount, is a limited midfielder. Can keeep him here only as backup. 

I have a hard time with this argument regarding numbers alone. I mean take aside any personal take on both players (I think Mount is a lot of more skillful and plays in a different role too), but accomplishments alone should make you pause when making this comparison IMO.
One can say that Conor has time to accomplish the same, but it's a very tall order given Mount's numbers in that CL run.

I'm OK with Conor leaving tbh. The fee does seem low esp for nowadays.

Edited by robsblubot

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Problem is Conor's performances last season were better than all the other CM's. People were getting excited about Caicedo towards the end but that still wasn't great. 

As for Trev, he again may not be the world's best player but he is better than Disaster and Tosin. Way some people are carrying on with 'Trev and Conor aren't great players' are equally making out that we're signing better players to replace them when we are not. 

Edited by King Kante

That teenaged goalkeeper we’re linked with Mike Penders from Genk just started following us in IG so that’s clearly a done deal. Most expensive fee ever paid for a Belgian keeper apparently and this dude has only ONE senior appearance I’m reading?!

We must genuinely think this kid is Courtois regen.

I wonder if he will accept? Could make a fortune if he just sees out his contract and joins somewhere on a free. Albeit might essentially waste a year of his career to do it...

35 minutes ago, mkh said:

🚨 BREAKING: A Premier League club has submitted a £27M offer to sign Armando Broja from Chelsea.👀🇦🇱 CFC

(via @GonzaloTortosa)

That was rumoured earlier in the window and then nothing happened. I don't believe it tbh. No way he's going for more than £10m (which would be generous).

The 35/40M are already extremely little I must say incl. bonus hmm.

They even have us for Samu in hand want 70M upwards and we give them Galla for 30M plus bonus🍹

We pay a lot for every transfer and get ripped off here!!!

Same Story with Trev only 25M