Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I listed Lavia because I think he’s going to be an amazing player for us in the long term.

I share your optimism about him. IF KDH earns minutes then I think Lavia might actually force a big name out of the side for spells.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

8 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Fitness demonstration and a bit of hopeful shop-windowing?

Broja was also at the Euros too. Some of these squad choices are perplexing, especially if they are only attending the trip with the goal of being sold.

What happened to preseason being a time to evaluate those at your disposal and develop momentum?

20 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Ok so we won a champions league in 2021, I'm talking about domestic league as we ain't even in the CL ATM, but what is better for me is we are going away from buying players past there prime or "absolute ballers from a farmers league" then going mental when they flop here. I also think the wage structure is better and the fact the club are trying to build a proper identity with the way we play, smash and grab stopped working for us properly years ago.

Fair enough, like I said, we all have our own preferences... this is entertainment after all.

Incidentally, I think the only over 30yo player who started that final against City was Thiago Silva, who was signed on a free deal. That was a pretty young side esp with Kai and Mount at 21-22.
The buys were Jorginho (well under 30 and still in his prime), and Kovacic who was 25-26 and very well in his prime. kante was 30, but obviously not acquired in that season.

21 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Mate we're fucking buying 2/3 shit talents, were going nowhere with this. Either buy real gems and develop them or this shit ain't gonna work. If we get Samu for big money we're fucking moronic.

Buying youngster is a tactic for 3 or 4 seasons away not 1 or 2, we won't truly know if this works for atleast 2 or 3 more seasons. I don't agree with every buy but I definitely agree with the way we are going.

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Fair enough, like I said, we all have our own preferences... this is entertainment after all.

Incidentally, I think the only over 30yo player who started that final against City was Thiago Silva, who was signed on a free deal. That was a pretty young side esp with Kai and Mount at 21-22.
The buys were Jorginho (well under 30 and still in his prime), and Kovacic who was 25-26 and very well in his prime. kante was 30, but obviously not acquired in that season.

Kai, people wanted him out, mount people wanted him out, jorginho for enough time people wanted him out, kovacic was a decent bench option at best, his goal ratio is shocking. This is what makes me laugh about the Trev situation, mount Gallagher CHO amount other people want/wanted gone, now all of a sudden we are ruining our youth system? If they are good enough they will break in, Trev isn't good enough and has had enough time here to show he never will, replacing him with younger players who might just turn out a hell of a lot better is a good call tbh.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Buying youngster is a tactic for 3 or 4 seasons away not 1 or 2, we won't truly know if this works for atleast 2 or 3 more seasons. I don't agree with every buy but I definitely agree with the way we are going.

That we can agree on. With the caveat some of us think getting a couple of more experienced players, with renown, could actually help in the development of these younger players.

Now, the complicated part is "the bar." It's so freaking high here.
Say, take Jackson for a sec, he's a very good player in my book. I think he improved quite a bit and became more of a team player towards the end of the season. Now, maybe this is it for him -- this may be as good as he will ever get. If that's the case, is he good enough? maybe... maybe not. It's hard to say for sure, but I think the opposition would then have better options.
Of course, I hope he keeps on improving.

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Kai, people wanted him out, mount people wanted him out, jorginho for enough time people wanted him out, kovacic was a decent bench option at best, his goal ratio is shocking. This is what makes me laugh about the Trev situation, mount Gallagher CHO amount other people want/wanted gone, now all of a sudden we are ruining our youth system? If they are good enough they will break in, Trev isn't good enough and has had enough time here to show he never will, replacing him with younger players who might just turn out a hell of a lot better is a good call tbh.

Yeah I cannot comment on what other people wanted back then. Folks get upset for a number of different things.
I certainly did not want Kai and Mount out. Mount with a single leg shits on Mudryk IMO.

Disagree, Kova had a lot of important starts and performance. How about Enzo's or Caicedo's goal ratio? Trev has done shit tho. He's a good squad player, I agree, but that's about it.
So, I know that some people may think that the current team is better than the CL winner one. It makes no fucking sense in my mind tho. In the end though, it's all about achievements; if in a few of years this crop of players don't win anything, that's how they will be remembered.

4 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

That we can agree on. With the caveat some of us think getting a couple of more experienced players, with renown, could actually help in the development of these younger players.

Now, the complicated part is "the bar." It's so freaking high here.
Say, take Jackson for a sec, he's a very good player in my book. I think he improved quite a bit and became more of a team player towards the end of the season. Now, maybe this is it for him -- this may be as good as he will ever get. If that's the case, is he good enough? maybe... maybe not. It's hard to say for sure, but I think the opposition would then have better options.
Of course, I hope he keeps on improving.

Yeah I cannot comment on what other people wanted back then. Folks get upset for a number of different things.
I certainly did not want Kai and Mount out. Mount with a single leg shits on Mudryk IMO.

Disagree, Kova had a lot of important starts and performance. How about Enzo's or Caicedo's goal ratio? Trev has done shit tho. He's a good squad player, I agree, but that's about it.
So, I know that some people may think that the current team is better than the CL winner one. It makes no fucking sense in my mind tho. In the end though, it's all about achievements; if in a few of years this crop of players don't win anything, that's how they will be remembered.

I don't think this team is as good as the CL winning team yet, but I believe with good coaching and a set way of playing instead of just throw the kitchen sink at it, this team has the potential to be alot better, agree with enzos goal ratio, I don't think Enzo is anywhere near worth the hype or the money especially what I've seen so far, hopefully he proves me wrong, and as far for caicedo if he takes on the destroyer role and gets more assists I don't mind how many goals he scores, kovacic for me did neither, good said player, very good dribbling ability but left me thinking is that it.

20 minutes ago, DDA said:

Fuck me this guy is utter wank. Is this a joke?

Our luck with keepers post Courtois looks set to continue.

😞😞😞

20 minutes ago, DDA said:

I like how our wank owners brief to Romano weekly pretending they getting gem after gem.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Our luck with keepers post Courtois looks set to continue.

😞😞😞

Luck? This has nothing to do with luck, just a bunch incompetent losers at the helm. They could've bought Mamadarshvili since last summer and avoid the last 3 altogether still have more money now.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

You look at that and think wank keeper? 

I’d be more worried if we were buying defenders from there…

He has the highest save percentage and shots saved in the league. Must mean something. 

You pepper any keeper enough and they can look bad in behind a shit defence. 

9 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Don't get me wrong, I haven't seen enough of him (Lavia), so I trust the multiple opinions stating that he's a very good player.

My point is that from that "very good player" (for his age) to an elite player who gives you a competitive advantage against CL or PL powerhouses should not be taken for granted however promising a player may be.

I have a positive expectation of Lavia but this is reasonable enough.

4 hours ago, Thor said:

You look at that and think wank keeper? 

I’d be more worried if we were buying defenders from there…

I honestly think you’re trolling at this point. 

What is it exactly that you cant see that we all see from those highlights vs Madrid? 

Weak wrists

Conceding goals that should be bread and butter saves

and hurrendous long hoofing up the field passing

Im willing to be proved wrong but from what ive seen of him, looks bang average in al departments.