Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Bayern and PSG battle for Desire Doue

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/146946097/bayern-and-psg-battle-for-desire-doue

72c581c5-e466-4840-8f2a-88c95ac2535d_386

One of the stories of the day is the big fight going on between Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich for Desire Doue. The Rennes youngster, born in 2005, is one of the best French talents around and is valued by his club at around €60m.

Yesterday, Bayern presented a new bid for Doue, worth almost €55m, while Vincent Kompany has also been insisting on the player side to present the project. However, Paris Saint-Germain are absolutely still there, because it’s crucial to note that Doue himself has still not decided which club he wants to join.

My feeling after speaking to sources is that PSG are really convinced they can reach an agreement - they are preparing a new proposal and want to close the deal as soon as possible on the player side. Let’s see what happens, but it’s going to be one of the most interesting battles of this summer’s transfer window.

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I hate our owners

😿

They’ve done more good than bad in terms of buys for me so far. Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, Palmer, Gusto, Nico Jackson. Fought to keep Colwill when he could’ve easily moved. Gotten rid of a bunch of players who needed to go. And I’m very optimistic about several of this summer’s buys. Yes, there have been some serious mistakes but everything I named above far outweighs the errors, imo.

This season is 100% make or break for them in terms of getting the supporters on their side, though. 

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

They’ve done more good than bad in terms of buys for me so far. Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, Palmer, Gusto, Nico Jackson. Fought to keep Colwill when he could’ve easily moved. Gotten rid of a bunch of players who needed to go. And I’m very optimistic about several of this summer’s buys. Yes, there have been some serious mistakes but everything I named above far outweighs the errors, imo.

This season is 100% make or break for them in terms of getting the supporters on their side, though. 

Kids hate their parents when they dont buy them the toys they want, such is life.

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't think Lavia should be added to any success list until he plays for a season esp considering he apparently had some issue at the time we signed him. Nkunku would also deserve a mention on the "let's hope" list.

We have historically signed good players, but ultimately a group of players is evaluated based on their success. Reckon it is just too early to know how well the transfers will turn out to be, esp given the development time involved with many of them.

Edited by robsblubot

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I am beyond frustrated with them for 2 main postions

GK

CB

so many shit buys and shit decisions

and we all know a WC keeper and WC CBs can take a club VERY far

look at Juve over the years when they were banging out titles like a machine

36 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Kids hate their parents when they dont buy them the toys they want, such is life.

Heh, I'd actually say the same for the people who celebrate young (development) signings instead of silverware. To each his own, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

On 23/07/2024 at 13:36, LAM09 said:

I thought Santos had already agreed to re-join Strasbourg, but look who's on the list.

That reasoning clearly doesn't apply to all.

That is something i found odd and expressed that at the time but only one example of a player already destined to go on loan that is going on the tour. Maybe because he's going to our sister club it's easier to do,where as others that we intend to loan out to other clubs it's better to keep them back. 

54 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I don't think Lavia should be added to any success list until he plays for a season esp considering he apparently had some issue at the time we signed him. Nkunku would also deserve a mention on the "let's hope" list.

We have historically signed good players, but ultimately a group of players is evaluated based on their success. Reckon it is just too early to know how well the transfers will turn out to be, esp given the development time involved with many of them.

I listed Lavia because I think he’s going to be an amazing player for us in the long term. At just 20 years old I’m not that concerned about his injuries last season. I’m choosing to believe it was just shit luck unlike Fofana or Reece for example who have chronic issues.

43 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am beyond frustrated with them for 2 main postions

GK

CB

so many shit buys and shit decisions

and we all know a WC keeper and WC CBs can take a club VERY far

look at Juve over the years when they were banging out titles like a machine

I guess I’m just much more optimistic going into the season about our defense. Call it naive hope, perhaps.

But with the personnel we have and the tactics we’ll use I think the CB’s and defenders will be much less exposed. 

27 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

That is something i found odd and expressed that at the time but only one example of a player already destined to go on loan that is going on the tour. Maybe because he's going to our sister club it's easier to do,where as others that we intend to loan out to other clubs it's better to keep them back. 

As another member mentioned, it might just be a numbers thing. I noticed Caicedo joined up with the squad which was slightly surprising considering his Copa involvement.

I have no idea how is on holiday or not at this point.

Chelsea want to try to get a deal done for Samu Omorodion for around €55m...

🔵 #CFC target expected to cost closer to €80m as things stand...

[@JacobsBen]

Chelsea are doubling down on their youth policy. They have taken the criticism on board but ultimately feel this approach will put them ahead of their rivals.

The oldest player Chelsea have discussed for striker is Jonathan David, 24 years old. Chelsea are sticking to their policy no matter what anyone says.

(@NizaarKinsella)

Edited by mkh

Chelsea had been talked up to coax Oscar Bobb away from the Etihad as they did Cole Palmer last summer.

{Manchester Evening News}

3 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Would be great if they did from our POV. They’d have one LB who can’t stay fit in Shaw and one who can’t defend in Alonso. It was a weakness of his when he was here and he’s now several years older so it surely got worse.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I listed Lavia because I think he’s going to be an amazing player for us in the long term. At just 20 years old I’m not that concerned about his injuries last season. I’m choosing to believe it was just shit luck unlike Fofana or Reece for example who have chronic issues.

I guess I’m just much more optimistic going into the season about our defense. Call it naive hope, perhaps.

But with the personnel we have and the tactics we’ll use I think the CB’s and defenders will be much less exposed. 

Fair enough, but "amazing for us" is a tall order considering what this club has accomplished in the past. Not long ago we had prime Kante having MotM after MotM performances in CL knockout stages. We won a CL outplaying Real Madrid and then City. Nowadays we don't even play CL.
From experience here, but the idea that a player who is 20-22 and, is a good player, will automagically become much better later is simply wrong.

I'm probably with you on D, and am more worried about the attack esp our dependency on Nkunku remaining fit.
On the other hand, Maresca demands different characteristics from his D players, I also fail to see that in our group.