Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

21 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

But that won't happen now, clubs not buying these "top" players every transfer window is the same and yet no one is getting the fact that isn't happening anymore, and we didn't need a top striker or a top CB, what we need is guidance and a clear way to defend and attack, we can't keep buying playing to fill a gap that won't fit the system any more doesn't work. Jackson got 14 goals in his first season, Palmer was immense caicedo finally started to click, we have fofana Reece nkunku and lavia coming back into the squad that's like 4 new signings there alone! What ever happend to giving a player a season to settle into a new league and a new culture? Or is it only Chelsea fans that believe that isn't a thing anymore.

I like Jackson but the fella missed too many sitters. Im all for allowing tine for players to develop but im not all for us being only a development club. 

Edited by DDA

23 minutes ago, DDA said:

I like Jackson but the fella missed too many sitters. Im all for allowing tine for players to develop but im not all for us being only a development club. 

We won't be a development club, you don't spend 1 billion to be a development club, you spend that to get the old out and hit the reset button, about time this club was ran like a business because with these FFP rules something has to give, we also can't buy every young talent in the world either. If we can get the blend right and hopefully we have the right manager now, we have a team full of fearless kids, which will mature into decent potentially some of them world class, problem is it won't happen overnight or over the course of a few seasons.

9 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

we have fofana Reece nkunku and lavia coming back into the squad that's like 4 new signings there alone!

So you think that Fofana is not perma fucked?

James and although you don't mention him Chilwell, still look like they are regular injury prone be lucky to get three games from either of them.

As for N'kunku and Lavia seems that it remains wether they are over injuries and can get regular playing times.

So as for four new signings, nope no way.

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Best CB Chalobah? 🤣

Of 51 games in the season he started just 13. So basically played just 25% of the games. In those 13 games we conceded 17 goals and had just 3 clean sheets. Against City and Liverpool he was introduced from the bench with 20 and 8 mins and we conceded only when he stepped on the pitch. Was never more than 4th or 5th option. Tomori and Guehi also academy players are like 5 times better players and nobody cares about them and btw I don't think they are good enough either. Crazy what some fans are doing. Probably same people who were crying for months about possibility of Mount leaving. 

Don't get the Chalobah love on here. Was always a backup 

Whilst I agree with selling Trev from a business PoV (because of the way the financial rules work) it is a bit gut wrenching whenever we push out a lad who's been with us since he was 8. Literally turned this guy into a professional footballer and he just wants to play for Chels. Really wish we could find a way to keep those kind of guys and just push out the Money Mases that come through.

Financial rules basically force us into it though.

20m+ for one of the statistically worse gk in la Liga when mamar one of the very best is available for 40 is just so retarded. I know clownlake probably have some weird data of their own that makes them think Jorgensen is underrated. They think just everybody else is wrong. It’s  like a cult. I don’t know much about Jorgensen but aside from the eye test or stats, show me anyone with one bit of football knowledge who seriously thinks he is better than mamar. In general or as a fit for us. 
I get clownlake want someone young, someone good with his feet, someone with reasonable wage demands. All this also holds for mamar. 
They already were wrong on Sanchez when will they accept that sometimes the common sense solution is the best. 

11 hours ago, whats happening said:

wont care if chalobah leaves, something similar with how i felt about mount. idk why yall think hes worth more than 25-30m...

Romano:

Understand Chelsea are ready to sell Trevoh Chalobah for £30/35m.

IF we get £80-85m for Gallagher and Trevoh then I will be quite happy.

Don’t get the move for a keeper that may not even be as good as Sanchez or Petro. Makes no sense at all unless Maresca himself is the one who extensively scouted and made the recommendation. Would be ridiculous if this is yet another scenario where some stats nerd in his basement looked at some spreadsheets and picked him out.

Everything I have heard about the guy makes it sound like he’s prone to epic howlers.

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

So you think that Fofana is not perma fucked?

James and although you don't mention him Chilwell, still look like they are regular injury prone be lucky to get three games from either of them.

As for N'kunku and Lavia seems that it remains wether they are over injuries and can get regular playing times.

So as for four new signings, nope no way.

No fofana is too young to be perma fucked, he's had plenty of recovery time and now he's getting into pre season, nkunku and lavia were just unlucky, nearly every player got an injury last season, and it wasn't just our club that had this problem, we need to look at the injury crisis as a league issue not just a Chelsea issue, to much doom and gloom on here. 

I’ve been watching more Jorgensen on YT and again, this guy just looks average. And he looks absolutely NOTHING like an Ederson/Allison/Costa/Raya type who passes the ball around like an outfield player essentially. He just looks like a traditional big keeper who is no better with his feet than Petrovic now or Mendy when he was here. 

Feels like we’re going to be making yet another mistake in the goalkeeper department and will be looking for a new one AGAIN 1 year from now. If this one doesn’t work perhaps on the 4th attempt next year we’ll finally realize that we should just spend the fucking money and buy a proven world class keeper and stop being cute trying to uncover someone?

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Romano:

Understand Chelsea are ready to sell Trevoh Chalobah for £30/35m.

IF we get £80-85m for Gallagher and Trevoh then I will be quite happy.

I just don't see anyone paying 50 million for Gallagher. 

All his possible destinations in the PL are pretty much gone, Villa got Onana, Spurs got that young Leeds midfielder and even if Atletico are interested, they won't pay that sort of fee for him.