Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

I think those are being left behind to secure loans away.same as players with more chance of a future with us like Gilchrist.

Probably, but my point is, what was/is the plan with these guys? They were not globally highly rated talents, they were already 18 when we signed them, which means 1-2 years after that they should be at least taken into consideration to appear for the first team. But these guys.. are not close at all. I don't even see them playing in the PL.

Players like Broja or Gilmour didn't happen to become world class but you can feel they were actually close to this level and they still play in fairly high level. But this Burstow guy, or Washington.. Cannot even see them thrive in Champo.

On 22/07/2024 at 09:21, Reddish-Blue said:

He won't be going Saudi league at this point in his career, he's not a 30 year old looking for a nice pay day. 

Not saying he will end up there, but they do have some fairly big name 30 and under players

Rúben Neves 
Sergej Milinković-Savić  
Aleksandar Mitrovic 
Malcom  
Gabri Veiga    
Franck Kessié  
Fabinho
Aymeric Laporte  
Yannick Carrasco 
Talisca    
Otávio  
Roger Ibañez 
Renan Lodi   
Seko Fofana  
Merih Demiral   
Bento  
Luiz Felipe 
Moussa Dembélé  
Habib Diallo  
Houssem Aouar  
Julián Quiñones  
Jota   
Musa Barrow  
Demarai Gray  

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I know that squad list on the way to the US isn't complete with plenty missing still but fuck me, it's fucking brutal reading that

I'm not basing my comment on that list but I'm saying we finish between 9th and 14th next season, I really cannot see us doing anything

This is pretty much the same team that finished 6th last season minus Thiago. Our injured players in defence midfield and attack make us that much stronger. I get we didn’t make any flashy signings but I think more than anything we need an identity and cohesion.

3 hours ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

I think those are being left behind to secure loans away.same as players with more chance of a future with us like Gilchrist.

I thought Santos had already agreed to re-join Strasbourg, but look who's on the list.

That reasoning clearly doesn't apply to all.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Probably, but my point is, what was/is the plan with these guys? They were not globally highly rated talents, they were already 18 when we signed them, which means 1-2 years after that they should be at least taken into consideration to appear for the first team. But these guys.. are not close at all. I don't even see them playing in the PL.

Players like Broja or Gilmour didn't happen to become world class but you can feel they were actually close to this level and they still play in fairly high level. But this Burstow guy, or Washington.. Cannot even see them thrive in Champo.

Napoli (Antonio Conte) are trying to sign Billy Gilmour. I thought he quietly had a really good season with Brighton and with Scotland.

Not suited to come here but is a player of a really good technical level.  

38 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I thought Santos had already agreed to re-join Strasbourg, but look who's on the list.

That reasoning clearly doesn't apply to all.

I think we're simply short of numbers in the midfield so he's an extra body until reinforcements arrive.

21 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

@Vesperi feel u may know if he's any good or just another random.

he is better than anyone we have now

btw

he was born in Sweden, but is Danish

Filip Jørgensen

ø is Danish

ö is Swedish

2d0a9e40806781c3057cc7790cfd6033.png

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

This forum is so damn negative about our squad. I don’t get it. We were horrible for much of last season, had no discernible style of play, and had the worst injury situation in the league and we STILL came within touching distance of top 4. If we made 0 new signings and simply started this new season with those injured players back fit I think we take a big step forward. 

I especially think so many of our fans just instantly dismissing Tosin and KDH as “average dross” and terms like that before we even kick a ball is mad. I totally get and share the frustration with the signing of totally unproven guys like Guiu and Veiga but Tosin & KDH are senior pros who I think slot in and improve our first XI from day 1.

Really feels like we’re just a top keeper and another goal scorer of some sort away from being a truly elite team ready to compete with anyone. I don’t get the doom and gloom at all. Player for player I think our squad is COMFORTABLY superior to the teams we’ll be competing with for the 3rd/4th spot. 

Let's wait and see. Tosin and KDH are not slotting in and improving our XI imo.

I'm not negative but we are still few players short of making a strong squad. After that, the work is yet to really begin and this squad needs to play in a functional system that creates chances and controls the ball vs teams. Being comfortably superior to teams is not enough as we have found. Teams can frustrate this Chelsea team if they're organized I feel. This team can be good when they're attacking spaces behind a big team but I'm not sure we have become better vs the smaller teams with our incomings (including the injury returns)

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

This forum is so damn negative about our squad. I don’t get it. We were horrible for much of last season, had no discernible style of play, and had the worst injury situation in the league and we STILL came within touching distance of top 4. If we made 0 new signings and simply started this new season with those injured players back fit I think we take a big step forward. 

I especially think so many of our fans just instantly dismissing Tosin and KDH as “average dross” and terms like that before we even kick a ball is mad. I totally get and share the frustration with the signing of totally unproven guys like Guiu and Veiga but Tosin & KDH are senior pros who I think slot in and improve our first XI from day 1.

Really feels like we’re just a top keeper and another goal scorer of some sort away from being a truly elite team ready to compete with anyone. I don’t get the doom and gloom at all. Player for player I think our squad is COMFORTABLY superior to the teams we’ll be competing with for the 3rd/4th spot. 

A lot of people who have seen Tosin don't rate him that highly. It is the people that have watched YouTube clips that seem to do so. 

From my perspective, Trevor and Silva where better than Dasasi and Badi (Badi may improve), and a lot more reliable than Fofana who is now an unknown. Tosin I believe is also a level below Trev based on what my Fulham mate has told me (he watches every Fulham game.) 

Hence, people getting upset about the back line have some real justification. That is also before we get to GK where our No.1 looks like it will be Sanchez - a player who was dropped by Brighton and us last season for not being good enough. 

18 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think I know the game now. They threaten us with signing Flip, so we feel good about them signing Mads Hermansen!

The Daily Mail says Maresca wants to bring Hermansen south to London for the new season.

However, the Foxes are insisting he won't leave for less than £45m.

fuck no

too damn short (1.86m or 1.87m depending on the source)

weak in the air (unlike Diogo who is around that size as well)

Diogo has a high verticle leap

as does the best teen GKer on the planet atm

97bf1c948cd7e071fa76f82c04db2b56.png

Giorgi Mamardashvili btw, is now the top valued GKer on T-Markt

b763feb07f0158c05b2de44dff4e2a2b.png

10 minutes ago, King Kante said:

A lot of people who have seen Tosin don't rate him that highly. It is the people that have watched YouTube clips that seem to do so. 

From my perspective, Trevor and Silva where better than Dasasi and Badi (Badi may improve), and a lot more reliable than Fofana who is now an unknown. Tosin I believe is also a level below Trev based on what my Fulham mate has told me (he watches every Fulham game.) 

Hence, people getting upset about the back line have some real justification. That is also before we get to GK where our No.1 looks like it will be Sanchez - a player who was dropped by Brighton and us last season for not being good enough. 

I feel like there’s a reason a host of big clubs like ourselves, United, Newcastle, and Liverpool were interested in bringing in Tosin on a free. I’m not saying he’s going to be a superstar or anything but I think based on what I’ve watched he’s an upgrade on Chalobah. Your mate seeing every Fulham match and saying Trev is superior is fine. But I’ve watched every Chelsea match and have seen Trev look consistently solid but nothing special. 

Trev doesn’t really do any of the things you’re expecting a modern top level CB to do and especially not under a coach who will ask a lot from his defenders. He’s not dominant in the air defensively and watching him on the ball felt like it was just him passing it sideways to Thiago Silva 50 times per match so he could handle all the forward passing.

I think the only piece we’re missing for our defense is the settled, #1 keeper. I’m perfectly happy for THIS WINDOW with our CB options. Not saying Disasi, Fofana, and Badiashile are long term options.