Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Even with Andrey & Ugo going out on loan I feel like 1 more midfielder has to go. And unless Gallagher signs a new contract it has to be him.

It would be ridiculous for us to keep him, not play him much, and then see him walk for free in a year.

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

Ideally I would definitely keep him here but it’s probably much more beneficial for him to be playing week in and week out rather than riding our bench.

Perhaps it signals that Gallagher is going to stay after all. 

I think even Gallagher is going to leave. Its ruthless but it makes sense to sell him 

Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, KDH, Carney are the main options. Carney, Palmer can play in the advanced midfield role. Veiga can play in the deeper role.

They'll keep one of Casadei or Ugochukwu for cover. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

They'll keep one of Casadei or Ugochukwu for cover.

Ugo is going on loan, they've already mentioned they are looking for a PL loan for him. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Veiga can play in the deeper role.

Just because he's capable of playing a deep midfield role doesn't mean that Maresca will immediately trust him in that role.   I see Veiga as CB/LB cover as we all know Chilwell will have his usual injuries.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

There are a few distribution keepers around -  Marcin Bulka, James Trafford and Alvaro Valles. Club will look at them and not Diogo Costa, Marmadashvili etc

what does that even mean?

you are going to tell me that Bulka (who was poor most games I have seen him play) and Trafford, two giant, ponderous keepers are better with the ball at theor feet than Diogo Costa?

come on

Chelsea

• Andreas Pereira to Chelsea? Reports in Brazil suggest this could be on, with Fabrizio Romano responding to the story in his latest exclusive column.

• Andrey Santos will return to Strasbourg on loan after going on US tour with Chelsea - deal done. Borussia Dortmund and more clubs were keen on signing him but Andrey spoke to Liam Rosenior about the style of play implemented at Chelsea and Strasbourg. The young Brazilian midfielder remains a big part of Chelsea’s future plans.

• Romelu Lukaku keeps waiting for Napoli; he wants to work under Antonio Conte again. Romelu will reduce his salary from €11m/net per season to €6m until June 2027 to sign for Napoli. The deal depends on Napoli-Chelsea negotiations and on Victor Osimhen’s exit, with PSG pushing.

and a big one goes off the table for good (he will turn 32 the summer this new contract expires).................

Inter Milan

• Inter president Beppe Marotta confirms: “Lautaro Martinez has signed new deal at the club, it’s all sealed. It will be official in the next weeks.” Martinez is signing until June 2029 - a five-year contract for €9m net per season salary plus add-ons.

Bringing in any keeper that’s not the immediate #1 is so dumb. Either go big for one of the world class ones like Mamar or Diogo Costa now or stick with what we have, see how they do until January, and if they aren’t up to it go big then.

Bringing in someone now who may not even be better than the average keepers who are already here would be stupid. We’ve already made a mess for ourselves by stockpiling so many mediocre keepers on ridiculously long contracts.

Costa would be transformational for this team but Porto would ask as much for him as superstar attacking players go for, sadly. 

Honestly if they want 50m-60m euros, i.e. <= £50m, and even if he wants £300k a week, this would just seem like a no brainer to me - if they'd sell to us. Goalkeepers can play at a high level for way longer than other positions. His record speaks for itself.

I found this video in my YT recommended on YouTube.

Chido Obi-Martins he is 16 from Denmark and Nigerian parents.

He is 6 ft 2 in [1 88 m]

Arsenal u18

https://www.transfermarkt.com/chido-obi/profil/spieler/1042886

Why Man Utd MUST Sign Arsenal's Chido Obi-Martins!

Edited by KEVINAA

On 19/07/2024 at 16:06, King Kante said:

Law states: 

Chelsea are unlikely to target a high-profile No.1, such as Mike Maignan, but are instead in the market for a goalkeeper who can develop and may start the season on the substitutes’ bench before being given the chance to compete with Sanchez.

That does not sound like a 100% starter coming in.

And people, including the board, will wonder in 12 months why it didn't work out (Petrovic). I'd argue that a GK and CF are the most important positions on the pitch, but yet again, the board is doing everything seemingly in their power to NOT properly address either.

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

And people, including the board, will wonder in 12 months why it didn't work out (Petrovic). I'd argue that a GK and CF are the most important positions on the pitch, but yet again, the board is doing everything seemingly in their power to NOT properly address either.

incredible really 

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

Crystal Palace seek £70m for Tottenham target Marc Guehi with Real Madrid also showing interest

Crystal Palace could see Marc Guehi depart the club this summer as several clubs, which includes Tottenham, have an eye on the England international.

The centre-back started for the Three Lions at Euro 2024 this summer and was one of the only players within Gareth Southgate’s squad that came away from the tournament with credit in the bank.

The Crystal Palace star put in some brilliant performances for England and it is even more impressive considering he missed a lot of the 2023/24 campaign through injury.

Guehi has attracted the interest of several clubs over the past year and according to Sky Sports, they include Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Juventus, Newcastle, and Tottenham.

The Englishman has a contract at Selhurst Park until 2026 and therefore, Crystal Palace will seek £70m to part ways with their star defender during the current transfer window – similar to Everton’s valuation of Jarrad Branthwaite.

The London club will not want to lose another one of their best players ahead of the new season having already lost Michael Olise to Bayern Munich, which could make obtaining Guehi very difficult for interested parties.

Do Tottenham need Crystal Palace’s Marc Guehi?

Guehi has been with Crystal Palace since moving from Chelsea in 2021 and has developed into one of the best centre-backs in the Premier League.

It is not hard to see why clubs such as Tottenham are interested in the England international but do Spurs really need the player? Ange Postecoglou plays with only two central defenders and the Aussie coach already has Micky van de Ven and Cristian Romero as his starters. Spurs even have a solid backup in Radu Dragusin.

£70m is a lot to pay for Guehi if he is going to be rotated and the England star will not want that role.

It is hard to see the defender making a move to North London this summer but many other clubs are showing an interest in the 24-year-old, as it remains to be seen if Crystal Palace are open to letting him go.

Just seen who reacted to this post. Someone actually went out their way to make an account called 'Vesperstinks'. Wow. Bizarre but funny 😄

45 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The striker position is even worse, bought Washington, Guiu, Fofana who they won't even play, now want Samu, they have no clue what they doing.