Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Honestly at a loss at how Petrovic last season was considered a decent showing.

He was down there with Kepa 19/20 as far as the underlying metrics were concerned.

The stats are the stats, but from a pure eye test POV he just seemed like a decent, average keeper. Someone I didn’t close my eyes and cringe every time a ball went into our box like with Kepa or panic every time the ball was passed back to him like with Mendy.

He was just kind quietly average to my eyes.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

The stats are the stats, but from a pure eye test POV he just seemed like a decent, average keeper. Someone I didn’t close my eyes and cringe every time a ball went into our box like with Kepa or panic every time the ball was passed back to him like with Mendy.

He was just kind quietly average to my eyes.

Petro was playing in a Poch side that was setup for him to fail. I didn't really find him individually at fault with us losing games. He was not amazing but per the eye test he actually looked like he had less likelihood to drop a clanger than Sanchez (who probably has a higher ceiling in form).

Find all of the press around our GKs quite baffling, have to hope these very well paid professionals simply know the game a lot better than I do: can't really see any of our GKs being good enough in the modern positional systems. But what the fuck do I know. Sanchez when he was in form had Brighton fans raving about him as one of the best goalkeepers in the world and an under appreciated machine. We've never really seen that Sanchez for Chelsea though.

Edited by Mhsc

On 18/07/2024 at 16:37, TheHulk said:

Didn't we have an offer for him a season or two ago and nothing happened.

sex pest

In October 2021, a 22-year old woman filed a legal complaint against Wahi for violence that resulted in her being incapable to work. She claimed that he had punched her in the nose during an evening out at the L'Entrepôt nightclub in Lattes, Hérault, on the night of 12–13 September a month earlier.[21]

In November 2021, investigative reporter Romain Molina revealed an allegation that Wahi had been expelled from Caen's youth academy for pressuring secondary school students to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms.

6 minutes ago, Mário César said:

the most incredible thing that the management doesn't realize is that it's more important to know how to defend than to play with your feet

19 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

fucking cunts

not the profile they want

as in one of the best shot blockers and aerial keepers on the planet

noooooooooo

cant have that

instead they want some clown who will commit howlers for fun

we have been fucked at keeper for years, ever since Cuntois fucked off

other than one year wonder and then back to the clown car Mendy

so sick of this SHIT

Edited by Vesper

Man, Ederson is RIGHT THERE if we want to try for a truly world class keeper. He may turn us down but why not even try? He knows Maresca from his time there and he is THE keeper in all of world football that plays exactly the way our manager wants.

Yes, he’d be super pricey, but then we don’t have to think about the position again for at least 5 years. He’s only 30 which is nothing for a keeper. He wants out, City will sell for the right price, and they’ve already got his replacement ready to go.

If we signed him we’d be ready to immediately compete with anyone. It’s like the most obvious transfer ever and we ain’t even considering it. 

41 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Man, Ederson is RIGHT THERE if we want to try for a truly world class keeper. He may turn us down but why not even try? He knows Maresca from his time there and he is THE keeper in all of world football that plays exactly the way our manager wants.

Yes, he’d be super pricey, but then we don’t have to think about the position again for at least 5 years. He’s only 30 which is nothing for a keeper. He wants out, City will sell for the right price, and they’ve already got his replacement ready to go.

If we signed him we’d be ready to immediately compete with anyone. It’s like the most obvious transfer ever and we ain’t even considering it. 

That's an interesting idea; would he leave tho?
He's only 30, so I'm not sure why City would let him go.

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

the most incredible thing that the management doesn't realize is that it's more important to know how to defend than to play with your feet

I'm sorry but it's so disingenuous when this argument is rolled out.

There's not one manager in the world that thinks CBs shouldn't defend or keepers shouldn't save shots (even Pep got rid of a keeper excellent on the ball because he wasn't doing that enough), but it doesn't change the fact it's a crucial requirement of the modern game.

14 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

That's an interesting idea; would he leave tho?
He's only 30, so I'm not sure why City would let him go.

The reports have been that he’s actively pushing to leave for Saudi. So why not push for him ourselves and see if he’d be interested in staying in the best league? He can always go to Saudi when he’s 35+.

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The reports have been that he’s actively pushing to leave for Saudi. So why not push for him ourselves and see if he’d be interested in staying in the best league? He can always go to Saudi when he’s 35+.

Hmm then maybe he's been offered wages way beyond of what we can offer.

All the keepers we have bought post Kepa are worse than Kepa….

Sanchez, Petrovic and now Lunin apparently . Wow.

Also like fuck would we get Ederson… hes leaving City to go to Saudi. Not another English club. Wishful thinking but never happening, hence why he’s probably only entertaining offers from Saudi/outside PL. He may stay at City yet too.

Edited by OneMoSalah