Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

so viele meiner Ziele werden wie Löwenzahn vom Wind verweht

b7164f1ca8d7574578950dabd309add6.gif

als nächstes kommen wahrscheinlich Mamardashvili und Diogo Costa und vielleicht sogar (jetzt etwas cooler aufgrund des Alters) Oblak

während wir unter Donkey Sanchez leiden, der uns in den 38 Spielen in der EPL wahrscheinlich 9 bis 12 Punkte gekostet hat, mit einer wahren Fülle von Patzern und Patzern sowie einem insgesamt alltäglichen mittelmäßigen Spiel

R.Sanchez is a pure Shit Player Thanks Ben Roberts for this Transfer🤢🤢

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mkh said:

so viele meiner Ziele werden wie Löwenzahn vom Wind verweht

it looks (and likely sounds) so much better in German!

makes me sound like von Goethe

german-slap-butt.gif

Edited by Vesper

3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Another proven and fully working part of the club that is going to be ripped apart by these fucking morons.

Amicable or not, I believe that Bath & Fraser leaving will definitely be partly due to the likes of academy players being auctioned off/sold on for pure profit as a loop hole to do with PSR & FFP. 

Imagine building an academy capable of producing players that you know will be sold on to produce huge profits and continually be overlooked to sign young foreign players… probably who the club think they can gain more money from by marketing.

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

All of these are arguable cases I grant you but; Abraham, Ake, Guehi, Livramento, Mount, Musiala, Rice, and Tomori are a few who could be discussed. All of these qualify as solid squad players at the least. That's not a bad record when you consider the level at which we were competing, and competing against sides which are basically drawn from the entire globe. Remember there are geographic restrictions concerning which players can be recruited by club academies. No club, not even the supergiants, will produce a world class first XI featuring a majority of homegrown players except in very rare circumstances.

Bulka, Maatsen, Colwill, James, Chalobah, Gallagher, Solanke, Broja, Olise, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi. The list goes on. As @OhForAGreavsie has mentioned, you can question each on an individual basis as to what level they are exactly, but every one of these have had a significant period of their youth career at Cobham and have developed into international players/playing at the top level, and many of these are in a similar age bracket.

The geographic restrictions argument is even more impressive when you consider London is almost certainly the most competitive area to recruit from in Europe considering the number of clubs in such a small area.

We may not see immediately just how big an influence Jim Fraser and Neil Bath have been, in a similar way to we didn't immediately see the fruits of their work in Roman's early years. But an academy structure is years in the making and if we don't adequately replace them, it will be catastrophic considering what has been inherited by the ownership.

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

I doubt it, is that from a source or just hoping 🤣

Hope. 

Im also bored of reading the Clearlake slander on here. 

They started out rough with the Dodgers as well and have been the most consistently great team in the league 10 years straight. 

Majority in here have tiny bollocks and can’t deal with a bit of adversity. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Thor said:

Hope. 

They started out rough with the Dodgers as well and have been the most consistently great team in the league 10 years straight. 

Completely agree, the clownlake reference is getting old, change was always going to happen, and regardless if people think it's for the best or not these are the owners and they want to go in a different direction to Roman,  unfortunately if you don't like it, it's tuff tits, it's happening and another 8 more years of it to come, what I also think is hilarious is this obsession with signing world class players at there peak..... 4 transfer windows in? And still not understanding the concept 🤣🤣 and the part that no one is seeing that other clubs are actually starting to follow suit is another thing that blows my mind. You used to read on here why didn't we buy these players before they cost 100m, now we are trying to do that, it's why ain't we spending X amount and offering him y amount of wages.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Never heard of him. 😅

Fluminense above is the "geriatric" team of the Brazilian league; Marcelo former Real Madrid, now carrying a fat belly, is the left-back. Fluminense is dead last in the standings for that reason.

the post (he was the 2nd highest valued LWer on it):

•  
71517b34734b1d510116daa5cb51c931.png

Best teen Brasilian players  still available

In order of valuation

RW Estevão Willian    Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras (16yo)
CF Matheus Nascimento    Botafogo de Futebol e Regatas   
AMF Matheus França    CR Flamengo   
CB Robert Renan    Zenit St. Petersburg    
AMF Luis Guilherme    Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras     
LW   Pedro    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista    
CB  Lucas Beraldo    São Paulo Futebol Clube   
RW Sávio    Girona FC  (on loan from Troyes) 
CF Deivid Washington      Santos FC   
DMF Alexsander    Fluminense Football Club
RW Biro    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista  
CMF Marlon Gomes   Clube de Regatas Vasco da Gama 
RB Vinícius Tobias    Real Madrid Castilla (on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk)   
CMF Victor Hugo    CR Flamengo  
CMF Rodriguinho    São Paulo Futebol Clube    
RB Wesley      CR Flamengo     
CF Giovane    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista      
LW Wesley      Sport Club Corinthians Paulista U20    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
RW Rayan Vitor    Club de Regatas Vasco da Gama U20      
DMF Gabriel Moscardo    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista

GK Mycael    Club Athletico Paranaense      
LB Thauan Lara    Sport Club Internacional         
LW Erick Marcus    Clube de Regatas Vasco da Gama     
LW Caio    São Paulo FC U20
RW Adyson    América Futebol Clube (MG) 
CB Jean Pedroso    Coritiba Foot Ball Club  
CF Kauã Elias    Fluminense Football Club U20  

CMF Bernardo Valim       Botafogo Rio de Janeiro U20

Edited by Vesper

25 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Bulka, Maatsen, Colwill, James, Chalobah, Gallagher, Solanke, Broja, Olise, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi. The list goes on. As @OhForAGreavsie has mentioned, you can question each on an individual basis as to what level they are exactly, but every one of these have had a significant period of their youth career at Cobham and have developed into international players/playing at the top level, and many of these are in a similar age bracket.

The geographic restrictions argument is even more impressive when you consider London is almost certainly the most competitive area to recruit from in Europe considering the number of clubs in such a small area.

We may not see immediately just how big an influence Jim Fraser and Neil Bath have been, in a similar way to we didn't immediately see the fruits of their work in Roman's early years. But an academy structure is years in the making and if we don't adequately replace them, it will be catastrophic considering what has been inherited by the ownership.

great post

47 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Another proven and fully working part of the club that is going to be ripped apart by these fucking morons.

Amicable or not, I believe that Bath & Fraser leaving will definitely be partly due to the likes of academy players being auctioned off/sold on for pure profit as a loop hole to do with PSR & FFP. 

Imagine building an academy capable of producing players that you know will be sold on to produce huge profits and continually be overlooked to sign young foreign players… probably who the club think they can gain more money from by marketing.

What is coming out now, it makes sense. These guys could have got on board with aligning to the first team.

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

Hope. 

The biggest problem I have with the Dodgers argument is Boehly is a minority shareholder in them so just how much influence does he truly have on this success?

He's also, if reports are to be assumed true, stepped back from Chelsea and Clearlake are the ones ultimately making decisions with their majority shareholding.

I've got no issues with them wanting to put their stamp on the club. Whilst I don't necessarily agree with the policies and plans they've adopted around the first team, I understand the idea behind it, and a drastic turnaround was needed in order to adopt a wage bracket/ceiling to make the club a more sustainable venture longer term compared to what it was under Roman.

But with the academy, they were effectively gift wrapped one of the best set ups in Europe for the last decade. From the outside looking in, it feels this has been taken for granted.

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the post (he was the 2nd highest valued LWer on it):

•  
71517b34734b1d510116daa5cb51c931.png

Best teen Brasilian players  still available

In order of valuation

RW Estevão Willian    Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras (16yo)
CF Matheus Nascimento    Botafogo de Futebol e Regatas   
AMF Matheus França    CR Flamengo   
CB Robert Renan    Zenit St. Petersburg    
AMF Luis Guilherme    Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras     
LW   Pedro    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista    
CB  Lucas Beraldo    São Paulo Futebol Clube   
RW Sávio    Girona FC  (on loan from Troyes) 
CF Deivid Washington      Santos FC   
DMF Alexsander    Fluminense Football Club
RW Biro    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista  
CMF Marlon Gomes   Clube de Regatas Vasco da Gama 
RB Vinícius Tobias    Real Madrid Castilla (on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk)   
CMF Victor Hugo    CR Flamengo  
CMF Rodriguinho    São Paulo Futebol Clube    
RB Wesley      CR Flamengo     
CF Giovane    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista      
LW Wesley      Sport Club Corinthians Paulista U20    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
RW Rayan Vitor    Club de Regatas Vasco da Gama U20      
DMF Gabriel Moscardo    Sport Club Corinthians Paulista

GK Mycael    Club Athletico Paranaense      
LB Thauan Lara    Sport Club Internacional         
LW Erick Marcus    Clube de Regatas Vasco da Gama     
LW Caio    São Paulo FC U20
RW Adyson    América Futebol Clube (MG) 
CB Jean Pedroso    Coritiba Foot Ball Club  
CF Kauã Elias    Fluminense Football Club U20  

CMF Bernardo Valim       Botafogo Rio de Janeiro U20

Fair enough that you had him in a list, but did you *know* about him? Have you watched him play? know his characteristics? Is he a big fish in a very small pond considering Corinthians level of play today or he's really the big deal?

Like I've mentioned before, I skim thru these list to see if I spot someone I know, but it's not something I like doing: research potential players we could potentially sign. 

I think the Clearlake slander should wait until the window closes personally. If we enter the season without the last 2-3 pieces we need and still have dogshit wage wasters like Lukaku, Kepa etc on our books then by all means slander away.

For me they’ve been a mixed bag. I’m in wait and see mode with our new ownership and don’t think they’ve been the unmitigated disaster so many of our supporters cry about. 

They’ve had some REALLY bad mistakes but also signed us a bunch of really good players who I think will be fantastic in the long run.

2 hours ago, Superblue said:

The biggest problem I have with the Dodgers argument is Boehly is a minority shareholder in them so just how much influence does he truly have on this success?

He's also, if reports are to be assumed true, stepped back from Chelsea and Clearlake are the ones ultimately making decisions with their majority shareholding.

I've got no issues with them wanting to put their stamp on the club. Whilst I don't necessarily agree with the policies and plans they've adopted around the first team, I understand the idea behind it, and a drastic turnaround was needed in order to adopt a wage bracket/ceiling to make the club a more sustainable venture longer term compared to what it was under Roman.

But with the academy, they were effectively gift wrapped one of the best set ups in Europe for the last decade. From the outside looking in, it feels this has been taken for granted.

The Dodgers comparison comes up because Mark Walter is the majority owner of the Dodgers and Boehly is his day to day guy at Chelsea. Eghbali and Clearlake own 61% of the BlueCo shares. From the beginning of the partnership it was decided that Mark Walter and Boehly would set the club in motion for the first five years and then it would shift to Clearlake. Boehly came in and just blew through money with little to show may have changed the plan. They are still following the model that Guggenheim Sports and Mark Walter did at the Dodgers. It seems like the only one that got off script was Boehly and his massive purchases.

From their partnership plan in buying Chelsea 

——————

The group has an agreement to rotate management every five years, so Boehly may not remain the club's main administrator after the 2026/27 season.

————-