Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Strike said:

When they sign a 18 year old - "Why aren't they signing a 25 year old for first team"

When they sign a 25 year old - "Why aren't they signing this 18 yo wonderkid"

KDH is exactly the type of signing we need atm. Whether he can deliver is another question., but that remains to be seen.

A week or so ago I was ranting about how it was looking unlikely that the new regime would sign another CM, let alone an experienced one.

I'm happy to be proven wrong. 

This signing has the potential to make a world of difference next season.

If he can bring balance to the team in midfield, we will start to see a more consistently well-performing Chelsea next season.

15 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Very much like adding a CM, and Kiernan may have the manager's trust, so it makes sense. I understand we don't have Europe, but I just dislike the idea of having players with pretty much guaranteed spots in the starting XI however well they play; gotta have some competition within the team. That does not only improve match performance, but training too.

I'm relaly not a fan of Isak -- he can finish, but he's just too slow for the modern game IMO. For me Jackson is the better footballer even today.

Same. I'm really pleased with this signing, my friend.

I think you and I were one of the few on here who were complaining about the lack of an experienced head in the midfield last season.

Happy to see that the club is going back to making more sensible signings.

5 hours ago, Mário César said:

well I think was some of the both things

olise wanted ucl football and we cant afford his demanded wage

There's a difference between not wanting to upset the wage structure & flat-out not having the finances. If Mbappe had expressed a desire to join us, I'm more than sure the club wouldn't have been worried about offering £400k+.

24 minutes ago, Mário César said:

im reading leicester forum and I dont see so many complements to him 

Leicester fans on reddit are saying they’re losing their best player. So… don’t know what kind of praise you’re expecting. 

He isn’t Messi. But he is undoubtably their best player from the looks. 

Hall for me is a squad player with a bit of experience who knows the managers system. I am not expecting a WC player from what I have seen of him in the past but he probably fits the category of 'handy to have around', especially with how injury prone our CM's are. 

Where this puts Santos, Lesley, Gallagher, Carney and Casedei is another matter. I am expecting two loans minimum and Gallagher to be sold with an outside chance Carney or Casedei get sold too. 

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

If João Cancelo were a few years younger he’d probably be a good, cheap signing

On 7 August 2019, Cancelo signed for Premier League club Manchester City on a six-year contract worth £27.4 million plus Danilo being sent to Juventus in part-exchange, equalling to £60 million, making him the most expensive right back ever.

12 hours ago, Beorn said:

It’s a tough league but the level is shit. I’d rather watch Sevilla and sociedad than plymouth and QPR. 

Chalk and cheese as you cherry-picked from La Liga with 2 really solid, european qualifying teams versus poor ones from the Championship.

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

Some fans when we appointed Maresca "fuck sake yes he won the Championship but he did it with a PL team in waiting hardly an achievement".

Same fans when we sign best player in the same team "fuck sake why we signing Championship players?"

Indeed, it is sophistry, and not even skillful sophistry.

Wankistry?

Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham are all interested in 22-year-old Italy defender Riccardo Calafiori but will have to pay in excess of £40m to prise him away from Bologna. (Express)

That’s cheap methinks.

9 hours ago, TheHulk said:

So Golding's fee covers 5/6 of the first year's amortisation of the KDH transfer. If another youngster does well enough to earn a £5m move this time next year that will basically be two payments down and three to go on KDH.

As long as the outgoing kids are accepting these transfers for the right reasons, and are not players we should be retaining as likely or potential future first-teamers, I'm ok with this. I do wonder what Neil bath makes of it all however.

40 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

So Golding's fee covers 5/6 of the first year's amortisation of the KDH transfer. If another youngster does well enough to earn a £5m move this time next year that will basically be two payments down and three to go on KDH.

As long as the outgoing kids are accepting these transfers for the right reasons, and are not players we should be retaining as likely or potential future first-teamers, I'm ok with this. I do wonder what Neil bath makes of it all however.

I don't think they are beyond recognising if someone is a talent ie. Josh A for example. At the end of the day we probably ended up losing the Goldings of the world for free, £500k compensation or tumbling down the leagues years gone by. Time will tell.

I think the real judgement will come when the Paez's and the Estevao's come in vs academy talent, another fork in the road.

46 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

I think the real judgement will come when the Paez's and the Estevao's come in vs academy talent, another fork in the road.

What academy talent do we have that is close to the level of Paez and Estevao? 

I'm more interested in seeing what the club do with guys like Ugo, Santos, Casadei as there aren't many minutes available in midfield.  Maybe they get sold off just like Maatsen to help balance the books on PSR. 

3 hours ago, TheHulk said:

That would be a very very nice signing.  I don't expect us to get Calafiori but we desperately need talent at CB.    Tosin isn't enough as there are still question marks over Disasi/Badiashile and even Colwill. 

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

Can't keep buying up CBs every summer

2022- Koulibaly, Fofana

2023 - Badiashile, Disasi

All while having Colwill, Chalobah on the books. 

I count one solid CB, 2 decent, 2 fairly poor, and one who never plays.
It also does not stop us from buying any promising youngster who casts a shadow, so why would CB be any different? We let Andreas go for no good reason eh.