Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

When they sign a 18 year old - "Why aren't they signing a 25 year old for first team"

When they sign a 25 year old - "Why aren't they signing this 18 yo wonderkid"

Age is irrelevant as long as you have quality/potential. Archie has potential, Hall has none.

20 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Age is irrelevant as long as you have quality/potential. Archie has potential, Hall has none.

It's absolutely NOT irrelevant.

Not in life and evidently not in football either. It affects athleticism, mentality, and to lesser degree, skill.

Never seen a team filled with 19-21 players win shit. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, robsblubot said:

Not in life and evidently not in football either. It affects athleticism, mentality, and to lesser degree, skill.

I think once you get passed the point of thinking we are going to win stuff in the here and now and realise this is for the future it becomes easier to watch and observe 

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

I'm not using it as an argument because it was a) a completely different era and b) a freak set of footballers but I'm pretty sure the Busby Babes were almost exclusively teens/early 20s.

35 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm not using it as an argument because it was a) a completely different era and b) a freak set of footballers but I'm pretty sure the Busby Babes were almost exclusively teens/early 20s.

wow that's dug up from the 1950s. 😆 I'd suggest it's the opposite nowadays 

36 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I think once you get passed the point of thinking we are going to win stuff in the here and now and realise this is for the future it becomes easier to watch and observe 

I think the plan is pretty self-evident and it's really not the first time I've seen it done. I don't believe this approach for a big club because you lose too much during the process as you hinder the development of these players because they don't have the leadership and experience that provide the foundation necessary to fully develop the younger players. That's why I like getting a couple/few players who are at their peaks, like KDH, to help make the team more robust -- increases the chances of CL and in turn not losing talent (current and future) due to lacking CL football.

Edited by robsblubot

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

would so rather have landed him than Dewsbury-Hall

Brentford close in on £40m Leeds midfielder Gray

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cd1enxgrkxeo

Tottenham favourites for Archie Gray after £40m move to Brentford collapses

Gray returns to Leeds but could soon return to London

Newcastle’s Elliot Anderson on his way to Forest for £35m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jun/30/tottenham-favourites-for-archie-gray-after-40m-move-to-brentford-collapses

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I think you will be saying different soon, atleast give the lad a chance.

Hope you're right, but Leicester fans seem puzzled why a team wanting to fight for trophies would go for him since he has obvious limitations. 

22 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Hope you're right, but Leicester fans seem puzzled why a team wanting to fight for trophies would go for him since he has obvious limitations. 

Leicester fans are salty because he was probably there best player last season by a country mile

30 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

The manager does not think so, and he's the guy who has to convince the players "to suffer" for the better good (of the team).
If he's a player the manager trusts, and is attainable which appears to be the case, why not? we need options with different characteristics.

6 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Thats the thing: just over 1 year ago, a certain 25yo Gyökeres war playing in the Championship as well. And now, people here are willing to pay over 70-80m for him. 

Some people are also crackheads and even worse tried to either say Lukaku was a good signing or tried to reason the transfer. So there is always that. 

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Someone from Olise's 'team' has apparently denied that money was the issue. Reportedly they say the player simply preferred Bayern.

Yeah, I think Bayern makes sense. Germany is probably the best league to play in as a AM. On top of that at Bayern you get top money (same as the PL), guaranteed CL, play for a De Facto Top 5 European side and you play slightly less games in a less physically demanding league. It is a no brainer really. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Imagine what a signing Mamardasvili would be for this team if we didn’t have Sanchez and Kepa on our books.

Yeah, it really is shocking. GK, even in this day and age, has the main responsibility to save shots, push them away from goal and control their area aerially on set pieces - so long as they're not awful on the ball. 

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Have been impressed with what I have seen but we will need to shift two CB's imo if he is to come. Trev will be fairly easy to do if £25m is true and anyone has bothered to scout him (personally I would keep.) Disaster is hopefully the second as I think Badman will prove a few doubters wrong next season. 

Edited by King Kante

Will happily sit on the fence regarding Dewsbury-Hall and hope that it works out.

I do think he's better technically than he's maybe being given credit for, and could well bring some balance to the squad being a more attacking threat than we already carry from central midfield.

The key is has this last season gone in the Championship developed and matured him into a better player who can translate that form into the Premier League.

Struggle with the knock on the Championship though, a lot of good talent comes from that league, and there are plenty unhappy that Omari Hutchinson wasn't given an opportunity after his season in the Championship.

Swedish site, translated

Sky: Manchester United try to hijack Bayern's Olise deal

Just over a week ago, The Athletic stated that Michael Olise, 22, had decided to go to Bayern Munich. All parties were expected to reach an agreement shortly.

But since then it has been quiet around Crystal Palace's star winger. Until now.

German Sky states on Sunday that the deal is not in danger - for now. However, Bayern Munich are said to want to complete the transfer as soon as possible as "many clubs" are trying to hijack the transfer, including Manchester United.

At the moment, the giant from Old Trafford has not been successful in his attempts. Olise still wants to go to Bayern, where he is offered a contract until 2029.

According to Sky, small details remain to be resolved between Bayern and Crystal Palace before the matter is signed, sealed and delivered. The mandatory medical examination is scheduled to take place next week if everything goes as planned, writes the television channel. The price tag is expected to be between 50-60 million pounds (around 660-800 million kroner).

It remains to be seen if the Bundesliga giants manage to complete the transfer. Chelsea, Newcastle and Manchester City are other clubs rumoured to be interested in the 22-year-old.

Olise has a strong CV to show. From his outside position, Olise accounted for ten goals and six assists in just 19 games in the Premier League last season.