Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

CB update

Bremer  
Leny Yoro 

leaving

buy one of these 2 right footer CBs

António Silva (but we are now likely fucked by fucking PSG AGAIN after Yoro is very likely now going to Real Madrid; PSG will target Benfica’s António Silva if they cannot convince Leny Yoro to join their project  )

or

Jean-Clair Todibo  

plus

buy

Riccardo Calafiori   left footed

I will make this prediction: If we roll with the CBs we have (and bear in mind we are likely selling Trevoh) we will NOT get CL and will be lucky to get Europa League, plus we will not win a domestic cup

Colwill is fine, but

we are fucked after him, especially if no Trevoh

Axel Disasi shit
Benoît Badiashile semi shit so far
Wesley Fofana  perma damaged from what I see
Trevoh Chalobah  
Alfie Gilchrist passion merchant who is so not the answer
Malang Sarr   pure and utter dogshit, one of the 2 or 3 worst Cheslsea players of the past 15 years, he makes Saul look like prime Marco Tardelli

no even Bo-Clownlake is stupid enough to think that group is ok

I agree our options are not the best. But we can't use limited funds we have on another CB. We have to roll with the options we have which are plenty

RCB - Fofana, Tosin, Disasi

LCB - Colwill, Badiashile 

+ Trevoh, Alfie, Malang in reserves

+ Reece, Cucu able to fill in an emergency

8 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

On loan to Strasbourg or be around the first team kicking cans for a whole season with the odd cameo against Huddersfield in the last ten minutes of the FA Cup. 

I'm not sure, this kid looks really really good, depending on the new manager, he might see what we all see and put Jackson on the left.

26 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I'm not sure, this kid looks really really good, depending on the new manager, he might see what we all see and put Jackson on the left.

I will bookmark this and we can revisit into the season mate

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Surprising that this could actually go ahead 

I think we waiting to sign him,then when it's complete we'll sign another more established forward like David or Beier. I think they want him but probably understand he might not be ready yet for extended minutes he is seeking and if we sign somebody more established before him he might turn us down.

It may be that he'll be getting the game time he desires even after another forward addition but they probably aware that it could give him doubts.

I personally think in the front 3  when we play it we would look to play only one true winger,the others being a true CF and a wide forward. 

Edited by Duppy Conqueror

This is the most ChatGPT looking scouting report I have ever seen https://khelnow.com/football/2023-10-world-football-marc-guiu-profile-scouting-report

Obviously, I don't know anything about this kid and he has basically no stats due to lack of playing time at top level. Anybody who watched him play and has something to say about the lad?

19 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I will bookmark this and we can revisit into the season mate

Hopefully it comes true🤣 thing is kids should be playing without fear and just going for it, but last season we say anything but.

It’s really hard to judge him based off of YouTube footage because it’s entirely against youth competition. Where he does look pretty impressive in terms of the physical tools. Looks fairly polished for someone his age as a big, physical striker. But how will he do when he’s up against dramatically better competition? Who tf knows? 🤷‍♂️ 

It’s exactly the same with this kid from Villa we’re buying. All the footage is against other kids so it’s difficult to properly access him.

These 2 don’t really explode off the screen like Estevão & Kendry Paez do for example.

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s exactly the same with this kid from Villa we’re buying. All the footage is against other kids so it’s difficult to properly access him.

That Villa deal was just cooking the books, it seems like they only agreed to pay the fee for Maatsen as long as we 'paid' for one of their youngsters. 

I know a few Villa fans and they said Kellyman is definitely one of the better youngsters coming through in recent times from their academy but the fee should be more like 8 to 10 million + achievable add-ons (based on appearances etc). 

34 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I'd be happy with David/Jackson up top, with the likes of Nkunku and Palmer in the support roles.    I'd be surprised if United/Spurs don't bid on him though. 

Guiu for 6m and David for 25 are no brainers. They will be worth more than double that the moment they sign and we could easily flip them next year unless they turn out to be absolute trainwrecks.

What I still can not get over is that completely nonsensical signing of that random Villa youth player named Kellyann or something for a comparatively insane fee. He is lanky leftie winger/AM who prefers cutting inside from the right just like Palmer, Madueke, Estevao. If there really was the need for yet another right winger we could just give Angelo, Hutchinson or Kendry paez a shot at a later point, who - guess what- are all left footed as well. While we can always use an upgrade the one thing we dont need is more depth on the wings/AM. I am aware Angelo and omari are probably never gonna play but how can they be any worse than this guy who has 35mins in PL.

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Guiu for 6m and David for 25 are no brainers. They will be worth more than double that the moment they sign and we could easily flip them next year unless they turn out to be absolute trainwrecks.

What I still can not get over is that completely nonsensical signing of that random Villa youth player named Kellyann or something for a comparatively insane fee. He is lanky leftie winger/AM who prefers cutting inside from the right just like Palmer, Madueke, Estevao. If there really was the need for yet another right winger we could just give Angelo, Hutchinson or Kendry paez a shot at a later point, who - guess what- are all left footed as well. While we can always use an upgrade the one thing we dont need is more depth on the wings/AM. I am aware Angelo and omari are probably never gonna play but how can they be any worse than this guy who has 35mins in PL.

Yeah, I don’t get the Kellyman thing at all whatsoever either. It’s clearly strictly PSR related. But if we needed to do a PSR deal with one of Villa’s players I’m not sure why we wouldn’t do one for a player in a position of need.

Besides the crazy price, I just have no clue where this kid fits into the team.

56 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The Villa kid is a pawn in the FFP game.