Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, Mário César said:

chalobah will be sold but no gallagher

seems this what will happen and thats ok for me

Yeah, probably Hutchinson, Maatsen, and Trev will be sold and Gallagher given a new deal.

Rather keep hutch around than buy Olise for 60m . The idea of having a left footed left winger providing width with the fullback being inverted has its place , surely he can’t be worse at this than muddy. We really don’t need a new winger, least a leftie, unless it’s a substantial upgrade in quality 

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Rather keep hutch around than buy Olise for 60m . The idea of having a left footed left winger providing width with the fullback being inverted has its place , surely he can’t be worse at this than muddy. We really don’t need a new winger, least a leftie, unless it’s a substantial upgrade in quality 

I really, really like Olise but I agree. He should not be even a top 3-4 priority for us this summer. Hutchinson can take this next step up and become a weapon for us for free.

Posted (edited)

I'd very much like a left winger tho.

We will have to go against the likes of Doku, Luis Diaz, Martinelli/Trossard, Son, Mitoma, Garnacho/Rashford and Olise himself. They are all much superior to what we got unless Sterling gets his shit together which is a big "if." (I'd add Timo to the list too and even Grealish would have a say here)

Hmm yes, Nkunku could fill that role and he's a very good player, big question regarding fitness tho.

Edited by robsblubot

Posted (edited)

Signing Olise without giving Hutchinson a go in pre-season and having already agreed a deal for the Brazilian kid from Palmeiras would be typical us though. Not to mention that we spent money on Angelo also last summer who was apparently another generational level talent.

It is not a priority position unless there is serious movement meaning that we sell/loan 2 of Cole, Angelo, the other Brazilian kid or Hutchinson. Would be unnecessary money wasted again by Clearlake on positions we don’t need to prioritise immediately which is becoming a staple. GK, top CB, a LW and maybe a LB (Chilwell’s fitness more an issue than Cucurella’s ability as it is) should be top priorities this window. 

Yes Palmer maybe plays more centrally, but it is a maybe for now. And if that happens, then surely the club will want us to try utilise 2 out of the other 3 left footed right wingers we have already on the books if they are part of the clubs vision? And even then, what happens with Nkunku if Cole plays centrally as a false 9, 10 or an advanced 8?

If we keep buying attacking players who either don’t have a long term future at the club or are the next big thing every year we will end up like the previous January when Potter had about 33 players to try juggle

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I'd very much like a left winger tho.

We will have to go against the likes of Doku, Luis Diaz, Martinelli/Trossard, Son, Mitoma, Garnacho/Rashford and Olise himself. They are all much superior to what we got unless Sterling gets his hit together which is a big "if." (I'd add Timo to the list too and even Grealish would have a say here)

Olise team Eze would be perfect that kid is so classy I love the way he plays the game

1 minute ago, bluesman2610 said:

Olise team Eze would be perfect that kid is so classy I love the way he plays the game

yeah I like these aggressive wingers.

Nkunku remaining fit would help evidently, so that's a big question mark. Hope the physios are taking a look there.

Posted (edited)

How would that work? We'd surely have to offload one of Sterling or Mudryk?

Enzo/Lavia

Caicedo/Gallagher      Palmer/Carney

Madueke/Olise                                Nkunku/Sterling       

Jackson/Sesko

Edited by MoroccanBlue

I don't really think we need a left winger tbh. Might be more tempted to look at Sesko and then have both NJ and Nkunku as wide options all of a sudden in the mix.

Good choices at GK, CB and ST would be an amazing window and all we need (maybe more than we need). I just want some stability. Least number of changes we can that will drive the team forward.

Signing another winger for huge money is completely counter to the club’s other strategy of signing all these South American wonderkids. It would prove all the “Chelsea’s ownership are completely scattergun and have no actual plan” talk correct.

Why buy Paez, Angelo, Estevao, and have Omari Hutchinson only to spend huge money on Olise to directly block their path? 

Unless we sell TWO senior wide attackers it just doesn’t make any sense to me. We should wait until this time next season to see if we need anyone. If Sterling and Mudryk are poor again this coming season then move them on.

42 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I don't really think we need a left winger tbh. Might be more tempted to look at Sesko and then have both NJ and Nkunku as wide options all of a sudden in the mix.

Good choices at GK, CB and ST would be an amazing window and all we need (maybe more than we need). I just want some stability. Least number of changes we can that will drive the team forward.

I really like Nkunku, but not sure his fitness struggles should be ignore by us, much less by the club.
One can say we've been unlucky with injuries past season, but the only player who has no injury history and became unavailable for much of the season was Enzo. Maybe Lavia too, as he has no history yet .

What if Jackson picked a knock? Or Caicedo? I don't see any player in the squad who can do Caicedo's job remotely at the same level.

This is all thinking about becoming competitive; from what I see and hear so far it's going to be another "building" season, unless it's again transfer market talk.

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

hmmmmm

It would be nice for us to actually give him a chance. He has excelled on loan and played a huge part in Ipswich getting promoted to PL. He is not as good as Olise (yet), however he has very similar qualities and a lethal shot on him. He was considered a real prospect at Arsenal. His talent is there. Yes, Olise is a top player but there also remains concerns about his injuries. Not an essential signing. If we want to target a player, should be more looking on the LW and maybe go for Eze. Will be a kick in the face for Hutchinson as well. He made a big decision leaving Arsenal to come to us. Hutchinson will get better and he genuinely looked quality at Ipswich towards second half of season.