Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We want someone that can play wing and at CAM. Think given our squad and with the injured players coming back we are better off waiting until next summer. 

We are playing Chilly on LW, if that doesnt tell you we need a signing, i don't know what does

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Because we have Mudryk and Madueke injured. And Maatsen for what ever reason out of favor. 

We were playing that way already before Mudryk got injured, and Madueke is not injured anymore

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Maatsen is not a viable winger

absolutely NOT convinced of that gambit at all

Than he is sort of redundant because he's a pretty poor defender. Burnley fans will attest to that. 

A decision needs to be made on him. 

13 minutes ago, Artandur said:

We were playing that way already before Mudryk got injured, and Madueke is not injured anymore

As above, then a decision needs to be made on Maatsen. 

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Than he is sort of redundant because he's a pretty poor defender. Burnley fans will attest to that. 

he's young as has time to improve his defending. lots of these players will be learning on the job

28 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

His contract runs out in 24 too.

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I have laid out so many LB options for years my head spins 

the last one (and even that is probably now impossible for almost all of them):

we are very likely stuck with either Maatsen or the wretched CuCu and perhaps BOTH

for years I do not understand what either ownership regime (Roman, then Boehly) were/are doing at LB (and until Malo, at RB as well)

the CuCu buy was a ratfuck supreme, £118m total (fee + salary) for a player I NEVER rated and warned about over and over

maddening

Felix on loan would be the cheap, safe and possible and then gone in 1 year when nkunku is fit again. And we know what we will get. He can play at nearly all positions in attack. So i dont understand wh, we are not getting this done. He was a very good player last season. 

Since it’s clear they hate each other and want the situation solved desperately, I wonder how much João Felix would cost to buy outright these days? Surely they aren’t still asking for silly money that nobody on earth other than Saudi’s would pay?

Like, in an era where bang average talents like Brennan Johnson could go for £50m or more and his teammate on the other wing went for £45m then surely Felix for around £50m would be a steal if Atleti would accept that? 

46 minutes ago, Jype said:

In what world is ESR 'ceiling' higher than Mount's?

Mount is only one year older than him and has more than double the amount of goal contributions for Chelsea (33G+37A) than ESR does for Arsenal (18G+11A) in roughly the double amount of games/minutes. Mount has also made an actual difference in the UCL and has been a regular part of the England setup since he was 20 while ESR at 23 is still just all fart no poo. Up until now the only season where ESR was a regular starter for Arsenal was when they were still shite as a team.

It’s obviously a subjective assessment. Mount without major injuries has stagnated or regressed last 2 years. I don’t think he will develop much anymore as his deficiencies are mostly something that can’t be taught. ESR has flaws in his game too but when fit he looked like he has the talent to iron them out. I might be wrong and he may be completely wrecked after injuries but when talking about ceiling we should not focus on past achievements either. Surely, mount has achieved way more in the game but he looks a shadow of the player from our cL campaign. Might well be the case his further career ambitions have already faded.  

8 minutes ago, lucio said:

100%

We can state the need to get rid of Cucu as often as we want. Does not change the fact the he is a sunk cost. No one will ever touch him with the wages he is on. Using him will be detrimental to our success as a club. He is drinkwater 2.0 (or Bogarde 3.0) but worse. He has already mentally checked out and is prepared to sit on the bench and milk every last penny of his contract. 
contractually we might be able to force him to act as testimonial for some sponsors hair conditioning products.

As for Maatsen, he is not a winger and if he really can’t defend, then yes he is redundant. but if we continue with this weird lopsided formation with Chilwell as LW off the ball and Colwill basically a LB then Maatsen can cover for chilly. Makes the decision to sell hall even more cringe 

As I have explained in a couple of posts here before, because of FFP we simply cannot sell Cucu. We cannot afford book losses and his book value is currently about 50m so, maybe in 2 years when his book value is 28m we can sell. He needs a loan or two before he’s gone unfortunately. BEST case. He might not ever be sellable.

17 hours ago, lucio said:

john terry at forest actually

He didn't play the first 3 games but came off the bench for the 4th and clearly impressed as he then played the full 90 every match for the rest of his loan.

Edited by Tomo

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have laid out so many LB options for years my head spins 

the last one (and even that is probably now impossible for almost all of them):

we are very likely stuck with either Maatsen or the wretched CuCu and perhaps BOTH

for years I do not understand what either ownership regime (Roman, then Boehly) were/are doing at LB (and until Malo, at RB as well)

the CuCu buy was a ratfuck supreme, £118m total (fee + salary) for a player I NEVER rated and warned about over and over

maddening

Warned us not the board lol send them your lists.

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Since it’s clear they hate each other and want the situation solved desperately, I wonder how much João Felix would cost to buy outright these days? Surely they aren’t still asking for silly money that nobody on earth other than Saudi’s would pay?

Like, in an era where bang average talents like Brennan Johnson could go for £50m or more and his teammate on the other wing went for £45m then surely Felix for around £50m would be a steal if Atleti would accept that? 

If it is possible to get him around that price and still no one has bit then the red flag is even bigger in my eyes.

sorry but I just cannot get past this:

Height: 1,67 m

with Maatsen

he is such a defensive liability in the air and gets bullied on the ground at times

all my (valid) ranting about how we could have had Davies (winger depth as well) or Numo AND (of course) Chilly as our two LBs and £20m or £30m cash in the bank (on fees alone) on top aside

we also instead (remove the Davies/Mendes option) could have had this potential LB beast for only £15.4m (£14.2m net as they loaned him back for the year last season for 1.5m euros) I REALLY like what I see of him so far with Spuds

f019fb5bcd5ebc1cd7fb8b56b206f369.png

Destiny Udogie says he already has a great on-pitch understanding with one  Spurs star - Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News

Edited by Vesper