Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Understand Bayern have now formally approached Chelsea to start talks for Trevoh Chalobah deal 🚨🔴🏴󐁧󐁢󐁥󐁮󐁧󐁿 #CFC

Told Chelsea rejected loan proposal as they insist on permanent transfer.

Talks continue in order to make final decision soon; Inter wait for answers on Pavard deal. 🇫🇷 https://t.co/xwLxjS7YBn
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano)
Aug 28, 2023

3 hours ago, lucio said:

Because every manager  is the perfect judge of players and always picks his best team 

How many loanees from us (or anywhere) got ignored at their loan club only to turn out to be top class?

I think the new signing is going to be largely underwhelming whoever he is.

Pretty clear we're merely looking for a placeholder till Christo returns who will then serve as medium/long term depth across the front line.

Think some of you will need to manage expectations with this one.

Please no Sancho/ESR/Barcola. A smart signing as opposed to a extravagant or stupid one. 

I mean the amount of times I’ve posted it - an experienced player who can do a few attacking roles and provide something now and not in 2026-2030 has to be essential.

But its all u23s/21s still we are linked with. So not very convinced that this is the best path for now as we have far too many who aren’t established players.

Barcola is made out to be the second coming of Christ on here when he’s looking increasingly likely to becoming PSGs 5th choice in attacking positions behind Mbappe, Ramos, Dembele & Asensio. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Please no Sancho/ESR/Barcola. A smart signing as opposed to a extravagant or stupid one. 

I mean the amount of times I’ve posted it - an experienced player who can do a few attacking roles and provide something now and not in 2026-2030 has to be essential.

But its all u23s/21s still we are linked with. So not very convinced.

Barcola would be far better than the other two

do not sleep on him

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Barcola would be far better than the other two

do not sleep on him

Would take ESR out of the three of them personally because was a large period under Arteta where he and Saka were their best players by a country mile, carrying the team. But again is he going to get back to that? Would say he’s more a creator than a finisher too. Needing to find a finisher to take burden off Raheem and Nkunku when back as they will be the heavy hitters for us goals wise this season I’d think.

From what I’ve seen of Barcola I don’t see him making the sort of impact we need in attack. Not immediately, another one for few years down the line. I don’t even see him getting a sniff at PSG, just seems an odd move all round for him to come here or go to PSG when he could potentially play every week at Lyon and kick on.

Then would rather shit in my hands and clap than see us sign Sancho - was overrated in Germany. I remember the outrage we didn’t sign him on here but look how thats went, he's been that bad to the point EtH reportedly wants to let him go and rely on guys like Pellestri instead - who by no means is a great footballer but at least he can run. The guy looks severely out of shape, I mean he was famed for his ability in 1 v 1s but he doesn’t look like he could run the length of himself yet alone take people on.

Edited by OneMoSalah

29 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

But its all u23s/21s still we are linked with. So not very convinced.

experienced and players in prime are not available or way too expensive.

4 minutes ago, whats happening said:

experienced and players in prime are not available or way too expensive.

Not necessarily.

Would say the club’s vision of drastically reducing the average age of the squad and signing u21s at will is perhaps blinding them or hindering the search. But again, it may he someone more random yes as options maybe limited.

Even somebody like Moussa Diaby who went to Villa earlier in the window would of been good. Could have been a smart move as he can play that inverted right side role, more centrally as a 10 or off the left too. I mean he is still young enough to have fitted the clubs vision too whilst also having a good pedigree, got 10 caps for France, good amount of games in a competitive European league and has shown already he knows where the net is over last 3 or 4 seasons for Leverkusen & now for Villa. I think he will not remain at Villa for too long either. 

Barcola doesn’t scream “special” to me watching him in highlights and that’s just the best bits of him. Talented youngster for sure but doesn’t strike me as a player who is good enough to instantly start for us. The Chelsea fans on Twitter begging for him are just anxious for anyone and have latched on to him. For me he needs to have another great season on a smaller stage like Lyon before he’s ready for a huge club.

The only youngster who still has lots of development left to reach his potential that I’d instantly take and is obtainable is Cherki. Otherwise we would do well to get someone who is in their mid 20’s and ready to immediately help the team. Who that could be…. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Lots of players suggested can’t play as a striker so people comfortable if we lose NJ to injury then?

It’s definitely a concern. If the player we bring in isn’t a natural forward but instead a winger and Nico gets injured we’d probably see Sterling playing as a false 9 if Broja wasn’t ready yet.

23 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Lots of players suggested can’t play as a striker so people comfortable if we lose NJ to injury then?

Will probably be Broja filling in.   Don't see us going after another striker this late in the window.  

36 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not necessarily.

Would say the club’s vision of drastically reducing the average age of the squad and signing u21s at will is perhaps blinding them or hindering the search. But again, it may he someone more random yes as options maybe limited.

Even somebody like Moussa Diaby who went to Villa earlier in the window would of been good. Could have been a smart move as he can play that inverted right side role, more centrally as a 10 or off the left too. I mean he is still young enough to have fitted the clubs vision too whilst also having a good pedigree, got 10 caps for France, good amount of games in a competitive European league and has shown already he knows where the net is over last 3 or 4 seasons for Leverkusen & now for Villa. I think he will not remain at Villa for too long either. 

I do recall Diaby making Vesper's list earlier in the summer 😀

Such a shame that we didn't go after him, sort of reminds me of Malouda back in the day, that ability to carry the ball, the physicality on the wing. 

I do wonder if we're seriously interested in Marcus Edwards at Sporting, he was under Poch at his previous club and he's definitely got the dribbling ability to help break down teams that put 7-8 men in the box and defend deep. 

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If it is believed that Poch said he wants a PL player, that really limits the players.

He also said he wants experienced players in midfield and we gave him two 19 year olds and a 21 year old. I think the club only listen a little to what Poch wants and he just gets to hard reject anyone he’s dead against.