Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Man Utd 'very close' to signing Chelsea star and deal to trigger another Old Trafford exit

Manchester United are said to be very close to signing a Chelsea player in a deal which will trigger an Old Trafford exit.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1806785/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Marc-Cucurella-Chelsea

Manchester United are reportedly very close to signing Chelsea left-back Marc Cucurella on loan. The deal will then see Alvaro Fernandez leave Old Trafford on a temporary move of his own.

Chelsea “star”

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Gundalf said:

We would need to work on his off the ball behaviour for a loooong time tbh to be PL ready. Poch only wants players who track back and press, sth. Cherki has never done in his career. 

To be fair we've not done a lot of pressing so far under Poch, if we dominate possession as we have vs Liverpool, West Ham and Luton it becomes less of a big deal, he said himself that it will be against teams like Man City that we'll see the hardcore pressing because we'll need it.

Cherki would for sure not play if we were going up against those sort of teams, unless he developed a lot. But, the argument for Cherki is quite reasonable when you look at the current plan of team's we're playing against, where it is about finessing a goal through the parked bus. He would definitely be a useful squad player, and I think the case for him as risen since we've acquired a very defensively solid midfield (Lavia, Caicedo, Enzo).

However, I still think Jonathon David helps us more than Cherki. I think someone that can cover for NJ and play in different positions is really what we're looking for, we're currently SUPER at risk relying on NJ here and he does have a history of hamstring problems - we just don't want to get a pure no.9 who has no purpose when NJ is fit.

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

Romano is a click engagement genius. Got to respect it. Probably doesn’t know much but knows that it’s very likely we are going to do something, and knows how to milk the views.

I have nothing but respect for what a hustler he is.

I mean yeah. Ornstein and others work for major new outlets/publicists. 

Romano is on his own grinding. 

49 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Where is this?

Think is YouTube. 

He now just tweeted we aren't interested in Barcola. Player wants PSG and Lyon don't want to sell to us anymore as they wanted Santos on loan. 

17 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

To be fair we've not done a lot of pressing so far under Poch, if we dominate possession as we have vs Liverpool, West Ham and Luton it becomes less of a big deal, he said himself that it will be against teams like Man City that we'll see the hardcore pressing because we'll need it.

Cherki would for sure not play if we were going up against those sort of teams, unless he developed a lot. But, the argument for Cherki is quite reasonable when you look at the current plan of team's we're playing against, where it is about finessing a goal through the parked bus. He would definitely be a useful squad player, and I think the case for him as risen since we've acquired a very defensively solid midfield (Lavia, Caicedo, Enzo).

However, I still think Jonathon David helps us more than Cherki. I think someone that can cover for NJ and play in different positions is really what we're looking for, we're currently SUPER at risk relying on NJ here and he does have a history of hamstring problems - we just don't want to get a pure no.9 who has no purpose when NJ is fit.

Im just biased bc I want someone to free Sancho from United. This club is known for destroying players careers

Sancho vs. Cherki being 19 playing in a lower league for a smaller club:

image.png.c0e237daf525ec3a88038b999c4478ca.png

The difference is wild. He shouldnt have gone to United. Mount will find out soon as well. 

55 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I like the way that Amine Gouiri looks pretty good I wouldn’t be mad at the signing looks like he operates across the front 3. He could be a could LW/CF for us as a solid option or back up when Nkunku is back

I do not know a lot about this guy, but checked out some scouting reports on him, Youtube and a bit of fbref and he does indeed look like exactly the kind of player we could really use.

Chelsea & OL discussed about Bradley Barcola last week but he’s currently not close to #CFC 🔵🇫🇷

Understand Chelsea are considering different options as Olympique Lyon wanted Andrey Santos on loan as part of the deal.

Talks for Barcola stopped since Andrey joined

Fabrizio Romano

3 minutes ago, mkh said:

Chelsea & OL discussed about Bradley Barcola last week but he’s currently not close to #CFC 🔵🇫🇷

Understand Chelsea are considering different options as Olympique Lyon wanted Andrey Santos on loan as part of the deal.

Talks for Barcola stopped since Andrey joined

Fabrizio Romano

Who makes these decisions at this club, why wouldn't we consider Santos to Lyon as a make way for Barcola or Cherki. Santos is gonna struggle to get minutes at Forest as it is.

Edited by TheHulk

3 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Who makes these decisions at this club, why wouldn't we consider Santos to Lyon as a make way for Barcola or Cherki. Santos is gonna struggle to get minutes at Forest as it is.

The primary purpose of us loaning him is for him to gain Premier League experience, I think. I guess the club feel like if Santos is as good as they think he is then he'll not just break into the Forest lineup but be their key man.

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

The primary purpose of us loaning him is for him to gain Premier League experience, I think. I guess the club feel like if Santos is as good as they think he is then he'll not just break into the Forest lineup but be their key man.

They are using him as cheap backup , they have no interest in developing a player for us 

1 minute ago, lucio said:

They are using him as cheap backup , they have no interest in developing a player for us 

If he is one of the best players in their squad, they'll play him. If he is not, then he is not as good as we thought at all and no where near ready.

46 minutes ago, lucio said:

Is smith Rowe no good anymore ? I remember they were banging on about him a couple of years ago 

He looked really good for them and then Odegaard came in and took over his position. Plus I think he’s been injured.

21 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Probably because Santos on loan to a PL club wouldn't cost us a loan slot. 

Going to look ridiculous if Santos hardly gets any minutes but Forest's midfield isn't that strong. 

15 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

If he is one of the best players in their squad, they'll play him. If he is not, then he is not as good as we thought at all and no where near ready.

If he plays regularly and looks bad then yes. Good players get wasted on the bench all the time 

34 minutes ago, lucio said:

No, but they do have a big interest in points. And if Santos is the best man to help get them said points, he plays.

49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

No, but they do have a big interest in points. And if Santos is the best man to help get them said points, he plays.

Because every manager  is the perfect judge of players and always picks his best team