Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, DDA said:

I bet there is no mention in the meida of the price paid by Liverpool being outrageous... Carragher will see nothing wrong with it at all... but if it was us paying that fee... you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Wasn't it Carragher on twitter who said that Liverpool have the funds for Caicedo and he's shocked that they haven't moved for him...and then literally within a week, Liverpool get their midfielder. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Would defo love to move on, but if feels like the club is headed for another slow motion car crash this season, which is annoying given how last season went.

Don't know how quickly the club will re-enter the market to sign an alternate DM, but until then all our hopes are pinned on the young central midfielders we currently have. Just hope it's not too much pressure on them.

Surely we can get Lavia in to help with the midfield rebuild and might as well get Kudus (as he's been stalling the Brighton deal as they weren't interested in a release clause). 

3 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Surely we can get Lavia in to help with the midfield rebuild and might as well get Kudus (as he's been stalling the Brighton deal as they weren't interested in a release clause). 

Nah watch scousers wrap up Lavia aswell. 

We will be left with a panic loan or probably another 17y old midfielder 

Edited by Costa19

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

What’s the new CM shortlist looking like? And are we going for another GK if Kepa is off?

With Nkunku injured does make me think we need another striker too. We are now dependent on Jackson a little TOO much going into the season no?

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

What’s the new CM shortlist looking like? And are we going for another GK if Kepa is off?

With Nkunku injured does make me think we need another striker too. We are now dependent on Jackson a little TOO much going into the season no?

Yeah imagine a injury on one of Jackson, Enzo or Santos…

We are so fucked right now 

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

One more season out of top4 (or top 5 with new CL regulations ), and we'll be staying there for at least a few seasons more.

I feel that is too early to call, nothing is predictable in sports ... For me, it depends on how Poch handles things specially with the integration of the abundance of youth and how much time is he given to settle. 

We need to realize one thing, that this would be the first time in many years in Chelsea's history there is a complete reset, people are either starting from 0 or from 1 (including the owners).

So what now? Lavia? Surely it has to be him or are we just going to sit back and stroke our cocks and let them have him as well?

The fanbase is going off it on social media, Boehly and Co need to have something sorted and quickly or this will turn out very ugly.

Tyler Adams is a compromise option to show that we have taken someone and to show how incompetent  is this management to take someone of the caliber of Caicedo, Tchouameni  etc, so we take Adams from Leeds.
With such transfers, the top 4 is an impossible mission.

American clowns . 

Edited by milka

9 minutes ago, milka said:

Tyler Adams is a compromise option to show that we have taken someone and to show how incompetent  is this management to take someone of the caliber of Caicedo, Tchouameni  etc, so we take Adams from Leeds.
With such transfers, the top 4 is an impossible mission.

American clowns . 

I will give you the chance to remove the last comment.

16 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I feel that is too early to call, nothing is predictable in sports ... For me, it depends on how Poch handles things specially with the integration of the abundance of youth and how much time is he given to settle. 

We need to realize one thing, that this would be the first time in many years in Chelsea's history there is a complete reset, people are either starting from 0 or from 1 (including the owners).

Perhaps too early.

But there is a past precedent for this sort of thing.

Chelsea is not a financial juggernaut like United to be able to afford spending time outside the limelight too long and have no effects. Abramovich realized this and that's why he was relentless in making sure the club stayed competitive if nothing else.

Regarding the reset - that excuse can be afforded to the club, not the new owners who practically started with the same squad, manager and administration that Abramovich had. No one forced them to change things so quickly. And yet, here we are.

Anyway that's an old topic that's well in the past.

I'm just looking to see what they do next after what they learned last seaon, and it still seems they have much more to learn.