Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

26 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Olise is nice when healthy, not world class, but a good depth player. If this player fulfills a Poch request, get it done. 

is there a footballer now who did not wear Chelsea gear?

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Even prime Sterling wouldn't have a chance against Saka, Grealish, Foden and current Rashford. He should not delude himself. 

You mean the same Sterling who has been capped 80+ times by England?    

If Sterling was still in his prime (like when he was getting 15+ PL goals a season for City), he'd be a definite pick in the English squad.   Don't see Grealish competing with that. 

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/135369017/other-midfield-deals-to-watch

Gabri Veiga made headlines earlier this summer and then more recently it’s gone a bit quiet in the media, but I can say that behind the scenes things are happening. We know he has a release clause of €40m but some clubs feel they can strike a deal for below this fee. Let’s see how the conversation will continue, but in the coming weeks things could move. We know there is interest from the Premier League, with Chelsea following the situation and well informed, so let’s see if they make a bid, but for sure he’s appreciated by Chelsea. It’s not only Chelsea, but they are watching this situation while Liverpool look to be focusing on different kinds of players right now - Veiga is not their priority, despite reports.

Romeo Lavia and Liverpool - the latest

Jordan Henderson to Al Ettifaq is now almost a done deal - a verbal agreement was already in place and I can now also confirm that the player did his medical on Friday night. The deal will be signed next week, so it’s almost completed - Henderson will is leaving Liverpool.

Staying with Liverpool, they keep working on Romeo Lavia. Nothing is advanced in terms of bids or club to club negotiations - still, contacts are taking place with the player’s agents and they are trying to understand the final price tag. Southampton always wanted around £50m but Liverpool are hoping for a different fee. He’s not their only target, but he is a concrete one, and Liverpool are still there. Jurgen Klopp has hinted that things will happen before the end of the summer, and while it’s impossible to predict the exact number of signings, Liverpool will be busy for sure, it just depends on opportunities.

Chelsea are also following the Lavia situation due to the connection with Joe Shields, one of the Chelsea directors, but it’s not linked to the Moises Caicedo deal. Caicedo remains the priority for Chelsea, but Shields had Lavia at Southampton and Manchester City, so he knows the player well and there is a good connection there.

How the hell are Ajax buying an AMF from a Russian team but we cannot buy Zakharyan??????

wtf

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/135369041/ajax

• Ajax have submitted a bid for Armenian top talent Eduard Spertsyan worth €8.5m plus €2m add-ons and 10% sell on clause. Ajax are still waiting on a decision from Krasnodar as there’s no green light as of now — but talks are ongoing.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

How the hell are Ajax buying an AMF from a Russian team but we cannot buy Zakharyan??????

wtf

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/135369041/ajax

• Ajax have submitted a bid for Armenian top talent Eduard Spertsyan worth €8.5m plus €2m add-ons and 10% sell on clause. Ajax are still waiting on a decision from Krasnodar as there’s no green light as of now — but talks are ongoing.

I think it's a non starter now with Mudryk in the team, even if his views are the total opposite to Zinchenko it would be a political/PR nightmare. Imagine if we signed him shortly after doing the game for Ukraine, we would get slaughtered on all angles.

Wonder what Levy would do if Kane is 100% adamant that he wants to remain in the PL and ourselves or United offered substantially more than Bayern did. Like, if we or United offered £120m for instance and Kane somehow told Levy he agreed to it then what? Would he really let him walk for free to a rival next summer anyways instead of banking £100m+ and completely rebuilding the team for the post-Kane era?

I still find it hard to believe all the Bayern talk. Kane seems as attached to the PL and to English football as anyone ever. He’s on pace to shatter the all time PL scoring record. I feel like him giving that up and moving countries is a smokescreen and that he’d rather stay in England.

Although I guess his plan may be to go and win 3-4 easy league titles, try for the UCL, and then return to Spuds when he’s 34-35 and break the record?

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder what Levy would do if Kane is 100% adamant that he wants to remain in the PL and ourselves or United offered substantially more than Bayern did. Like, if we or United offered £120m for instance and Kane somehow told Levy he agreed to it then what? Would he really let him walk for free to a rival next summer anyways instead of banking £100m+ and completely rebuilding the team for the post-Kane era?

I still find it hard to believe all the Bayern talk. Kane seems as attached to the PL and to English football as anyone ever. He’s on pace to shatter the all time PL scoring record. I feel like him giving that up and moving countries is a smokescreen and that he’d rather stay in England.

Although I guess his plan may be to go and win 3-4 easy league titles, try for the UCL, and then return to Spuds when he’s 34-35 and break the record?

I think it’s academic.

what don’t you believe about the Bayern talks? Hoeneß has publicly confirmed the negotiations. He also said Kane himself had confirmed his priority is Bayern. Kane’s wife is in Munich looking for houses atm

He has been their dream player for years. The talks have been ongoing forever but the feeling is it will eventually be agreed. Levy as usual has been doing his best to extract every last penny from Bayern. but if it’s true that the owner has put his foot down there will be a deal soon enough. 

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think it’s academic.

what don’t you believe about the Bayern talks? Hoeneß has publicly confirmed the negotiations. He also said Kane himself had confirmed his priority is Bayern. Kane’s wife is in Munich looking for houses atm

He has been their dream player for years. The talks have been ongoing forever but the feeling is it will eventually be agreed. Levy as usual has been doing his best to extract every last penny from Bayern. but if it’s true that the owner has put his foot down there will be a deal soon enough. 

Idk, there’s just something about England’s poster boy leaving the best league in the world to go to a club that’s won 12 titles in a row that feels kind of strange. I’d have thought the “face of English football” would be adamant about staying in the PL and winning titles here

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Idk, there’s just something about England’s poster boy leaving the best league in the world to go to a club that’s won 12 titles in a row that feels kind of strange. I’d have thought the “face of English football” would be adamant about staying in the PL and winning titles here

Only City guarantees titles and they did try to get him a couple of years ago but that ship has sailed. Why would he come here with no CL and so much uncertainty. He's been criticized for staying in Spurs too long and not winning anything so teams like Bayern and PSG make most sense for him. 

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Maybe its his love for Spurs that prevents him for playing for another English team. 

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pretty sure Kane would swap that face of England pedigree and even the PL goals record for his first ever title. Time is running out for him and he probably does not want to enter history as a the tragic figure of a great goalscorer with 0 trophies 

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Pretty sure Kane would swap that face of England pedigree and even the PL goals record for his first ever title. Time is running out for him and he probably does not want to enter history as a the tragic figure of a great goalscorer with 0 trophies 

I feel like breaking Shearer's record is a major motivation for him. If Bayern, United, and ourselves bid for him, I'm sure he'd reject the former in a heartbeat.

There's going to be a time when Levy doesn't get his way. The question is: when?

56 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I feel like breaking Shearer's record is a major motivation for him. If Bayern, United, and ourselves bid for him, I'm sure he'd reject the former in a heartbeat.

There's going to be a time when Levy doesn't get his way. The question is: when?

The only reason people even remember Shearer has the record is because he has a platform to remind us all the time.

As much as one trophy is 100x better than that 'honour'.