Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

35 minutes ago, didi007 said:

What do you expect when the club is so quick to sell them? Wanting to sell almost all our old and champion league winners sends a bad message to the players who are still here. Who will be next? Why dont i find a club to move on to before i am the next victim. The club could have assured Havertz and co and told potential suitors they were not for sale.. hands off. I dont think they feel appreciated by the club any more and so want to move on. Theres a difference between getting rid of deadwood like Babayako, Baba Rahman, etc and wanting to sell players like Jorghino or Cucurella and Koulibaly who just joined the club a year ago and will probably adjust and play better this season.

Why would the club do that?    If Havertz had been putting in good performances, I would understand the club having his back but he was just as bad as every other player on the pitch this season.   

The fact that he's eager to join Arsenal should be a clear message that he really didn't have a great connection with the club.   

That's the first time I've seen a young-ish player move between Chelsea/Arsenal since the days of Ashley Cole...

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

I have a feeling you are wrongfully discrediting United and what they could become under Ten Haag.

I'm not discrediting United, I just feel Mount could have really been unleashed under someone like Klopp (now I can see why they jumped at the McAllister deal, less than 40 million for a player of that caliber is crazy). 

United already has their star midfielder in Bruno and Mount may not have as much freedom in Ten Hag's setup. 

It does indeed feel like a huge risk to have all of our strikers be 21 or younger. Having no striker that’s got experience leading the line for a huge club is asking a lot. Honestly, I don’t see how all 3 of Jackson, Broja, and DD Fofana all stay with the first team. I think 1 of them (likely Fofana) has to go out on loan.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Adding Rice + Lavia is one hell of an upgrade for those bastards. 😒

But hopefully that leaves us an easier run at Caicedo. 

Annoying because we also need 2 dms so if we can’t get lavia then who ? 

5 minutes ago, lucio said:

Annoying because we also need 2 dms so if we can’t get lavia then who ? 

Feels like at this moment Caicedo will be our only midfielder if we land him. There hasn’t really been much indication that we’re after more than 1, just alternatives in case Caicedo doesn’t happen. Maybe Santos/Casedei/Carney could genuinely be given a chance instead of buying a an additional DM.

53 minutes ago, DDA said:

I have a feeling you are wrongfully discrediting United and what they could become under Ten Haag.

This could come back to haunt me but I'm really not getting the hype over Ten Hag so far, their football has been no different to Ole's.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

This could come back to haunt me but I'm really not getting the hype over Ten Hag so far, their football has been no different to Ole's.

If we get our recruitment right this summer I think we’ll finish above them this season. I don’t see the likes of Rashford playing out of their skin again like last season. I feel like they’ll come back down to earth with Champions League football taking up more of their attention.

Unfortunately, footballers are mostly agents and want to be where are  the strong of the day .
They had a weak season - the season is weak because of themselves, the season is not weak because of the fans

Havertz hardly wanted to hear about Arsenal exactly a year ago but today he want to be there asap .

Edited by milka