Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think Enzo benefits more from a more box to box player so he can dictate the play from deep, ala Pirlo/Gattuso.

His main strength is how he controls games and gets the buildup moving quickly (11 succesful long passes a game on average under Potter/Bruno). Playing him further forward would totally negate that strength.

He is more of a Modric imo, Pirlo was surrounded by multiple CMs though. At Milan he also had Seedorf one of my personal favorite players. At Juve he had Vidal, Pogba/Marchisio.

Edited by Clockwork

Stylistically, Kolo Muani is the sort striker we should be after. But like I said yesterday it really feels like we need a more mature, fully developed striker to lead our line. Hoping that a kid can slot right in and score 20 PL goals is such a long shot. Strikers like Haaland are exceptionally rare.

Edit: oh, wow, I just googled and see Kolo Muani is actually 24. For some reason I thought he was like 20

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Am I the only one to consider Caicedo massively overrated? 

Alas, full steam ahead into the Brighton trap again. Some ppl just never learn. 

Yeah, anything Brighton is an instant red flag with this board for me.

I'd say every player (especially given we are pretty much hunting around B/C tier) is pretty much overrated if people are sweating for them to instantly transform us back into solid and unstoppable team, like a lot of people thought will happen with Enzo.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Stylistically, Kolo Muani is the sort striker we should be after. But like I said yesterday it really feels like we need a more mature, fully developed striker to lead our line.

But who should that be?

Was always going to take a mammoth offer to get Caicedo. Why would Brighton see that Rice is going to cost an absurd fee and sell Caicedo (who is arguably just as good as Rice) for dramatically less?

Hopefully we can indeed work out a deal that includes an unwanted player or two. Absolutely no way should Colwill be involved. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Was always going to take a mammoth offer to get Caicedo. Why would Brighton see that Rice is going to cost an absurd fee and sell Caicedo (who is arguably just as good as Rice) for dramatically less?

Hopefully we can indeed work out a deal that includes an unwanted player or two. Absolutely no way should Colwill be involved. 

Some say Rice is great, some say he is meh. I'd say if Caicedo is Rice level, but not HG, 20 mil is fair deal, given how much free money we had already transferred to Brighton for whatever reason 😂

Edited by Vegetable

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I feel like they will be very stubborn about Colwill. I fear in the end we have to choose between the two.

12 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, anything Brighton is an instant red flag with this board for me.

I'd say every player (especially given we are pretty much hunting around B/C tier) is pretty much overrated if people are sweating for them to instantly transform us back into solid and unstoppable team, like a lot of people thought will happen with Enzo.

Caicedo is going to be a fairly expensive bet on a very young player. Mac Allister has always been the player who caught my attention in their midfield. I suspect folks are rating Caicedo's potential, which is super hard to do. 🤷‍♂️ 

Another thing that's often not considered is nationality; yes it does matter. Ecuador isn't a terrible footballing nation, but it's not Argentina either. The level of competition that their players are used to, the level of knowledge of coaches and managers they have access to at young age can be vastly different depending on environment and country of origin.