Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

We will probably need to buy 2 more experienced CMs if we lose both Kante and Kovacic. Lets be honest.

Be suicide to go into the season with several u20 CMs in such a key area of the team. This is Chelsea, not Southampton. I get having one eye on the future but the lack of standards and leaders in this team is already incredibly evident - and flooding arguably the most important part of the team with youngsters who lack that experience and leadership is not going to end well.

Look at how Arsenal basically had the title wrapped up only to fumble it due to a lack of leaders and experience.

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Brighton will well ask for 100m for Caicedo now MacAllister is gone. 

Surely there are other affordable options?

There are quite a few very solid midfielders out there. But I think Caicedo is the most ready made and least risky since he’s been killing it in the PL already. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

There are quite a few very solid midfielders out there. But I think Caicedo is the most ready made and least risky since he’s been killing it in the PL already. 

I mean Bissouma looked dominate at Brighton. There is a risk. 

48 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Fair, Bissouma was nice at Brighton. But for me Caicedo looks a level above. Very Kante-like, though obviously not at that level yet.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

We will probably need to buy 2 more experienced CMs if we lose both Kante and Kovacic. Lets be honest.

Be suicide to go into the season with several u20 CMs in such a key area of the team. This is Chelsea, not Southampton. I get having one eye on the future but the lack of standards and leaders in this team is already incredibly evident - and flooding arguably the most important part of the team with youngsters who lack that experience and leadership is not going to end well.

Look at how Arsenal basically had the title wrapped up only to fumble it due to a lack of leaders and experience.

They also lost their best CB to injuries and their best youngster in Saka appeared to fall off a cliff at the end of the season (couldn't score at all). 

It's easy to say they lacked leaders & experience but if it wasn't for all those youngsters stepping up during the season (up until the last 5-6 matchdays), they wouldn't have been in 1st place.  City are just a machine at this point, them getting the best striker available and also getting a pretty damn good 'backup' in Alvarez for peanuts is just amazing transfer business on their part. 

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Bissouma wasn't as dominant as Caicedo for Brighton.  There's a reason why one of them was linked to a few clubs for 20-25 million yet the other one is being linked to a 70-80 million move this summer...

Bissouma was like Cucurella, a system player that looked good in Brighton's system but as soon as you take the player out of the system, you see their limitations. Caicedo reminds me of a more refined version of Leicester Kante...

16 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Does Boehly even make any transfer decisions at this point? I doubt it, bc what we are doing atm is way too reasonable. 

That was more directed at the first 2 trans windows, plus the manager shit go-round