Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I don’t blame any lesser known players from other smaller leagues jumping at the chance to go to a farmers league like France. A dude probably making relative peanuts at Sporting going on to making hundreds of thousands per week at a club in an amazing city where you’re essentially guaranteed the league title and UCL football every season is an easy choice.

It’s when actual world class players take the pussy route and go there that bothers me. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We are going to make around 25-30m profit on Havertz with this sale. A player that has been largely shit because of his own application. 

Mental there is fuss about it. 

Who says we are making a profit? German media is reporting a 15-20m loss

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We are going to make around 25-30m profit on Havertz with this sale. A player that has been largely shit because of his own application. 

Mental there is fuss about it. 

We paid £72m for Havertz. We’ll be making a significant LOSS, not a profit.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Pretty sure it works on cost per year and how long is left on his contract, so it could well be a profit. Don't think it works on price paid to price sold basis.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Who says we are making a profit? German media is reporting a 15-20m loss

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

We are making book value profit, which is what matters for FFP. 

His remaining book value is under £18m, so if Real come in with a £45-50m bid the club will have a £27m-32m profit on the books for this fiscal year. 

If Madrid sees a reasonable successor to Benzema in Havertz, who we are trying to offload any way possible, maybe it's time to stop and think what is the problem with this team, as maybe it's not the wrong picks in football manager style shopping sprees every window…

2 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

If Madrid sees a reasonable successor to Benzema in Havertz, who we are trying to offload any way possible, maybe it's time to stop and think what is the problem with this team, as maybe it's not the wrong picks in football manager style shopping sprees every window…

Havertz probably replacing Asensio. Real Madrid want Kane to replace Benzema. 

Never thought I'd see the day the Bermuda triangle fuck off. (Mount, Havertz, Gallagher). 

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

Actually not too fussed about Mac Allister there. Lallana re-gen. Not sure where he fits in their 4-3-3 with most of their midfielders being defensive minded. AMA always struck me as middle of the road no 10 without any outstanding characteristics. Small, slow and not a good athlete too. These kind of players struggle badly as soon as they lose their last little bit of pace like Mata did and almost never are starters at a top club afterwards. Probably will only be a squad player at pool. Does not fit into our concept with pacey attackers and tough tackling DMs. Hard pass.

29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We are making book value profit, which is what matters for FFP. 

His remaining book value is under £18m, so if Real come in with a £45-50m bid the club will have a £27m-32m profit on the books for this fiscal year. 

I get that. Was looking at the break even fees for all players

But I am saying the fee is too less even considering that. Havertz is 23. No matter how much he is derided here at Chelsea, a club like Real Madrid is identifying him as the player to replace Benzema. He still has 2 years left on his deal. 60 m euros is a ridiculous fee imo. We should be holding out for an outright profit 

Just now, Strike said:

I get that. Was looking at the break even fees for all players

But I am saying the fee is too less even considering that. Havertz is 23. No matter how much he is derided here at Chelsea, a club like Real Madrid is identifying him as the player to replace Benzema. He still has 2 years left on his deal. 60 m euros is a ridiculous fee imo. We should be holding out for an outright profit 

We've been hearing since January it was going to be a fire sale. The goal right now is to trim the squad at all costs, particularly starting with the most marketable. Not sure Havertz is worth more than 50m. Especially with 2 years remaining. 

He's not replacing Benzema. He's replacing Asensio. 

I just hope we successfully ship out Mount and Kova before even thinking of shipping out Havertz. With the formers rumoured to have agreed personal terms with their desired teams. Kai so far is happy to stay, the other 2 want out.

Edited by chelsea_4_eva