Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 18/03/2020 at 8:27 PM, Jason said:

STOP GIVING ME HOPE FOR FUCKING SAKE!!!

Adam Hložek is a badass 17yo striker. 

1.86m and very pacey, deadly shot so far

Massive potential upside.

Image result for Adam Hlozek

Mohammed Daramy just turned 18 in January. He has huge upside potential too, he is more of  RWer, and pure speed merchant

Image result for Mohammed DaramyJesper Lauridsen of Esbjerg fB, Mohamed Daramy of FC Copenhagen and Mohammed Dauda of Esbjerg fB compete for the ball during the Danish 3F Superliga match between FC Copenhagen and Esbjerg...

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Adam Hložek is a badass 17yo striker. 

1.86m and very pacey, deadly shot so far

Massive potential upside.

-esaBKRW1MKN2wa6EtGeNRUMroZDvTDOLF5gVek6PCBnXyN6DgkRflHoJnz3X8-pwY5ZpgPHinEkN9GyhZIkcIC8Lyra4OnLm_jy6WU4gZdcImage result for Adam Hlozek

Mohammed Daramy just turned 18 in January. He has huge upside potential too, he is more of  RWer, and pure speed merchant

Image result for Mohammed DaramyJesper Lauridsen of Esbjerg fB, Mohamed Daramy of FC Copenhagen and Mohammed Dauda of Esbjerg fB compete for the ball during the Danish 3F Superliga match between FC Copenhagen and Esbjerg...

What's your evaluation of Arkadius Milik...his contract is expiring soon and he is refusing to extend...I would rather him than Dembele...

52 minutes ago, Alabama said:

What's your evaluation of Arkadius Milik...his contract is expiring soon and he is refusing to extend...I would rather him than Dembele...

I rate him a bit, depends on the price.

If he costs £40m or more, pass

if we could snatch him for £30-35m and Dembele is £50-60m or more, then perhaps

7 Players Who've Flopped This Season

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/02/09/7-players-whove-flopped-this-season/#ap

Football is a precarious business, as my recent video looking at seven of the biggest player declines during the 2010s showed. Even in a much shorter period of time though, it’s possible to go from Ballon d’Or candidate one season to an overrated flop the next. Football fans are fickle, and the sport can be ruthless.

I don’t intend to be quite so hasty in writing players off in this video as many supporters are these days, and I point that out primarily because a number of the players in this seven are quite young. I am not saying anyone in this seven isn’t talented or won’t go on to have a wonderful career, just that they have been underwhelming this season, before anyone crucifies me in the comments.

I’d be delighted if everyone in this seven had a barnstorming second half of the season, this seven is just based on the first half of the season. Kwande Mfayela requested this video, and it was a popular suggestion, so here are seven players who have flopped this season:

snip

4 of the 7 were heavily linked with us

LIVE Transfer Talk: Real Madrid and Barcelona to fight for Alaba

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/4076535/live-transfer-talk-real-madrid-and-barcelona-to-fight-for-alaba

Bayern Munich are more to used to buying top players from other clubs than selling to them, but their hand might be forced by full-back David Alaba's desire to leave Germany, says Sport Bild.

Alaba, 27, is arguably one of the best left-sided defenders in the world and has been at Bayern since 2008, but now he wants to try a new challenge.

Clearly many of Europe's top clubs are going to be interested in the Austria international if he becomes available for a reported €70m, but Sport states that Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona are leading the way. Though Chelsea also showed an interest in the January transfer window.

As luck would have it, Alaba went on record about his future destination when he told Bild last year about the countries he wants to play in: "Spain, England. In Spain, it would be the two big clubs, I guess, Real or Barcelona. Also the big clubs in England."

There we go then.

snip

Acerbi’s agent responds to Chelsea & Inter links as transfer talk builds around Lazio defender

https://www.goal.com/en/news/acerbi-agent-chelsea-inter-links-transfer-talk-lazio/huj8gakqdxd71afhh7oj5jrai

The Italy international centre-half is said to be attracting interest ahead of the next window, with his representative happy to talk up his qualities

Francesco Acerbi is capable of playing for “any club in Europe”, claims his agent, with the Lazio centre-half generating talk of interest from Chelsea and Inter.

The Italy international, who battled testicular cancer back in 2013, has been a model of consistency since earning regular game time in Serie A at Sassuolo.

His exploits there secured him a move to Stadio Olimpico in the summer of 2018 and Acerbi has taken his game to even greater heights with Lazio, with Simone Inzaghi’s side chasing down title glory in 2019-20.

snip

Gazzetta dello Sport reports that PSG are planning to spend at least €100m in order to sign Lazio's Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.

Lazio: Szoboszlai arrives if Milinkovic-Savic leaves

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/19-03-2020/lazio-arriva-szoboszlai-se-parte-milinkovic-savic-3601841452213_preview.shtml?reason=unauthenticated&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gazzetta.it%2FCalciomercato%2F19-03-2020%2Flazio-arriva-szoboszlai-se-parte-milinkovic-savic-3601841452213.shtml

The Serbian dreams of the Scudetto, but could make the jump to a top club like PSG. And in its place the Biancocelesti would focus on the Hungarian from Salzburg or Bonaventura, released at the end of the season

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Top midfielder but 4 or 5 years too late. Hes 29 now. Still plenty left in the tank as well I would say but our stance on older players isnt great either. Lampard was very keen on Cavani but that was different circumstances too as weve basically invested our season having a 21 year old as our number 1 CF. We have Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho already in midfield who are between 25 and 28 years old in their best years so to speak.

A swap deal for Jorginho wouldn't make sense in my eyes because I wouldnt say there is a huge difference in quality or their playing styles either. Jorginho is younger. Maybe Pjanic offers more with his shooting and deadball ability but again, I dont think we would go for it. I doubt Juventus would go for it too. Seems very odd. Thought theyd want to replace Khedira and Matuidi (maybe not as much as Khedira tbf) more as they dont necessarily suit Sarri's style where as Pjanic is a player whos skillset means he could be the heartbeat of it.

55 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Top midfielder but 4 or 5 years too late. Hes 29 now. Still plenty left in the tank as well I would say but our stance on older players isnt great either. Lampard was very keen on Cavani but that was different circumstances too as weve basically invested our season having a 21 year old as our number 1 CF. We have Kovacic, Kante and Jorginho already in midfield who are between 25 and 28 years old in their best years so to speak.

A swap deal for Jorginho wouldn't make sense in my eyes because I wouldnt say there is a huge difference in quality or their playing styles either. Jorginho is younger. Maybe Pjanic offers more with his shooting and deadball ability but again, I dont think we would go for it. I doubt Juventus would go for it too. Seems very odd. Thought theyd want to replace Khedira and Matuidi (maybe not as much as Khedira tbf) more as they dont necessarily suit Sarri's style where as Pjanic is a player whos skillset means he could be the heartbeat of it.

Kante turns 30yo in the coming 2020/21 season

he is already more than slightly diminished due to multiple factors

he is now very injury prone now

and played in a system he frankly is poor at

he needs to be sold so we can cash in whilst we still have a shot at £100m or so return

wait another year his value drops by 25% 30% more, after that it plummets

only way I say keep him is if we bring in Simeone (sigh) or some other defensive taskmaster

which is not happening

I do agree on a no to Pjanic

we is 30yo in 11 days

almost exactly a year older than Kante

damn shame he is not 24 or 25

he is vastly superior to Jorginho, even now, but we cannot be bring in players who turn 31yo in their first season with us, unless it is a keeper

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

Kante turns 30yo in the coming 2020/21 season

he is already more than slightly diminished due to multiple factors

he is now very injury prone now

and played in a system he frankly is poor at

he needs to be sold so we can cash in whilst we still have a shot at £100m or so return

wait another year his value drops by 25% 30% more, after that it plummets

only way I say keep him is if we bring in Simeone (sigh) or some other defensive taskmaster

which is not happening

I do agree on a no to Pjanic

we is 30yo in 11 days

almost exactly a year older than Kante

damn shame he is not 24 or 25

he is vastly superior to Jorginho, even now, but we cannot be bring in players who turn 31yo in their first season with us, unless it is a keeper

I agree. I have been saying since last Summer (elsewhere to be fair) that this should be Kante's last season. He is both our highest earner and this Summer is the last one we can cash in seriously on him. Further, our midfield is seriously unbalanced with too many small players and we need to address this. 

When looking at CM, I think whilst we have a good collection of individual players, the balance is not right. Next season, I would really want to see something like: 

No 4: Two of Jorgi, Gilmour, Amapdu 

No 6: Kova, SMS 

No 8: Mount, RLC 

To be fair to Kova he can play No 6 and No 4, so we could potentially go for just one of the No.4's listed. However, No.4 is a bit tricky. From one perspective losing Jorgi as well as Kante could be very dangerous as it would leave us with a very young collection of CM's, however like Kante, Summer 2020 is a prime time to sell him (especially if Sarri is still at Juve) which could open up serious funds. That said, both Amapdu and Gilmour need serious game time, so it may be best for both of them to get loans that assure them of minutes (personally I never understood why we did not send Amapdu to Villa this year.) 

Personally, I think of the three No.4's Jorgi will stay as we need his experience  and I am not certain Juve will pay a serious fee for him considering their wage bill and current crop of midfielders. That then leaves Billy and Ampadu, with my inclination being that Billy will be told to play his way in/keep his place. Ampadu, whilst bigger and stronger (what we need, imo) will be loaned as he is nearly 20 and is now at a stage where he cannot afford to try and play his way in and fail. 

At No.8, I think Dross Barkley will be sold no matter what this Summer unless the season re-starts and he gets something like 6+goals and a number of assists. The bloke is going to be 27 in Dec and has been consistently inconsistent throughout his career. If somehow he does pull everything together then I can see RLC being in a bit of trouble. I say this as for me Mount has been good this season, is still very young and has been played out of his best position (No.8) a lot. RLC on the other hand has never really had more than a 8 game run and is always injured and I have no faith he can play 90 mins more than once a week.