Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

19 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

Our first pre-season game is on 19 of July. We have a little under two months to conclude 80-90% of our business (hopefully).

Lets hope we will manage to cut down the squad and NOT buy unnecessary players.

Every year there is hpoe to conclude business quickly, every year there is some disappointment

We really only need 3 incomings: striker, a #6, and a keeper. I don’t think that will be too difficult. We’re completely set at both fullback positions, we’re set at CB, and we’re set in attacking midfield. Depending on what happens with Kova and Kante we may need an additional midfielder along with the new #6.

The truly monumental task will be trimming the squad of all the unwanted players. 

33 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We really only need 3 incomings: striker, a #6, and a keeper. I don’t think that will be too difficult. We’re completely set at both fullback positions, we’re set at CB, and we’re set in attacking midfield. Depending on what happens with Kova and Kante we may need an additional midfielder along with the new #6.

The truly monumental task will be trimming the squad of all the unwanted players. 

We need two cm

24 minutes ago, Mário César said:

We need two cm

well, a DMF and a CMF

I would be over the moon with Caicedo and Manu Kone

but Ugarte instead of Caicedo would be ok with me as well

Roméo Lavia at DMF as well

Khéphren Thuram at DMF would be interesting, as would  Carlos Soler at CMF, maybe Maxence Caqueret  or Orkun Kökcü at CMF or Rúben Neves at DMF (doubt we go for them)

other options (none really make me THAT excited, maybe Zubi, but he is similar to Enzo) would be

Mikel Merino
Matheus Nunes   
Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg
Martín Zubimendi   
Seko Fofana (only 4 months younger than Llorente)
Marcos Llorente (age is a factor, he turns 30 a year from this coming January)
Youssouf Fofana
Teun Koopmeiners

Rodrigo de Paul turns 30yo at the end of thsi coming season, so no way is he worth what Atletico would demand, IMHO

Guido Rodríguez turns 30yo in early spring 2024, so off he comes

I don't think we have much of a shot at Alexis Mac Allister 

and basically no shot at

Jude Bellingham 
Pedri 
Federico Valverde   
Gavi 
Aurélien Tchouaméni  (doubt Real sells him)
Declan Rice   (very slight chance, but he will cost a tonne and he deffo wants CL, plus Mount leaving removes a draw)
Bernardo Silva  (Citeh would be insane to sell him IMHO)
Nicolò Barella  (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Eduardo Camavinga
Bruno Guimarães 
Frenkie de Jong
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (last year for him in any list of mine as he turns 30yo in the middle of the season after this coming season)
Sandro Tonali 
Vitinha

next summer would LOVE to pull Warren Zaïre-Emery from PSG (Mar 8, 2006, so 17 yo atm)

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

well, a DMF and a CMF

I would be over the moon with Caicedo and Manu Kone

but Ugarte instead of Caicedo would be ok with me as well

Roméo Lavia at DMF as well

Khéphren Thuram at DMF would be interesting, as would  Carlos Soler at CMF, maybe Maxence Caqueret  or Orkun Kökcü at CMF or Rúben Neves at DMF (doubt we go for them)

other options (none really make me THAT excited, maybe Zubi, but he is similar to Enzo) would be

Mikel Merino
Matheus Nunes   
Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg
Martín Zubimendi   
Seko Fofana (only 4 months younger than Llorente)
Marcos Llorente (age is a factor, he turns 30 a year from this coming January)
Youssouf Fofana
Teun Koopmeiners

Rodrigo de Paul turns 30yo at the end of thsi coming season, so no way is he worth what Atletico would demand, IMHO

Guido Rodríguez turns 30yo in early spring 2024, so off he comes

I don't think we have much of a shot at Alexis Mac Allister 

and basically no shot at

Jude Bellingham 
Pedri 
Federico Valverde   
Gavi 
Aurélien Tchouaméni  (doubt Real sells him)
Declan Rice   (very slight chance, but he will cost a tonne and he deffo wants CL, plus Mount leaving removes a draw)
Bernardo Silva  (Citeh would be insane to sell him IMHO)
Nicolò Barella  (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
Eduardo Camavinga
Bruno Guimarães 
Frenkie de Jong
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (last year for him in any list of mine as he turns 30yo in the middle of the season after this coming season)
Sandro Tonali 
Vitinha

next summer would LOVE to pull Warren Zaïre-Emery from PSG (Mar 8, 2006, so 17 yo atm)

Milinkovic-Savic is supposedly available at a reasonable price, but he isn't at the level he once was.

i would do things like this:

sell mendy, promote slonina and let him fight for the number 1 with kepa.

james, gusto and azpi for rb should be enough

chilwell, cucurella and hall for lb shoud be enough

sell koulibaly. fofana, thiago, chalobah, colwill (if he wants to play for cfc, if not buy another cb) and badiashile should be enough for cb

sell galagher, rlc and kovacic if he wants to leave, if not keep him. kante same. buy max one central midfielder so we have: fernandez, kovacic or/and kante, chuku, signing and casadei or andrey santos (one stays the other goes on loan).

sell pulisic, ziyech. keep mudryk, madueke, sterling and mount if he wants to sign a new contract. if not sell him asap. nkunku incoming.

sell aubameyang, loan fofana. keep havertz, broja and a new 9 should be a priority. 

On 27/05/2023 at 06:55, chelsea_4_eva said:

Personally for me it would be one of the criterias for a decision. At the end of the day, players are human beings and will have different reactions from something they like and something they don't, then proceed to base a decision from there.

Yes, if Drogba really wanted to leave then I would let him. I am a firm believer in those who don't want to be here can leave.

Does this mean you would extend Mount's contract, give the green light to his demands, then sell Gallagher? As I think we will only sell one or the other this window.

Well thank goodness no one let Drogba leave, because we would have been less of a club for it.

And yes, I would keep Mount over Gallagher.

But to be fair, I am keen to give both of them a chance next season under a proper manager.

At least a preseason.

All this snap judgement hiring and firing and transferring is what got us into this mess this season.

If they've taken this much time to get the new manager, I hope the club at least gives him time to assess the squad he has before moving people on.

Apparently now Barca are interested in Ugarte. Busquets is gone now and Xavi has said numerous times publicly that they need a new, top quality replacement. 

We know what happens when Barca start talking to a South American or Spanish speaking player…. 🤦‍♂️

Feels like if we truly want him it’ll have to be very quick while Barca are still dealing with how they’re going to sign Messi.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Apparently now Barca are interested in Ugarte. Busquets is gone now and Xavi has said numerous times publicly that they need a new, top quality replacement. 

We know what happens when Barca start talking to a South American or Spanish speaking player…. 🤦‍♂️

Feels like if we truly want him it’ll have to be very quick while Barca are still dealing with how they’re going to sign Messi.

Cunts. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Apparently now Barca are interested in Ugarte.

Barcelona and Bayern are gonna be "interested" in every player we (and a lot of other PL clubs) are after like every other window, trolls will be trolls.

9 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Well thank goodness no one let Drogba leave, because we would have been less of a club for it.

And yes, I would keep Mount over Gallagher.

But to be fair, I am keen to give both of them a chance next season under a proper manager.

At least a preseason.

All this snap judgement hiring and firing and transferring is what got us into this mess this season.

If they've taken this much time to get the new manager, I hope the club at least gives him time to assess the squad he has before moving people on.

On paper currently yes Mount over Gallagher, on circumstance no. Mount only has 1 year left on his contract, we either have to give in to his demands or lose him for free next year which I think we cannot afford to do as he is a player that we can get a lot of money for.

Yes changing too much can cause a mess, hence why I chose to keep Gallagher before Mount. I wouldn't mind us selling both but there is just too much to do in one window.