Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

I wouldn’t getting Torres flashbacks 

Big difference is that Kane actually is a good player, while the brief blip at Liverpool is the only part of Nando's career during which he looked anything other than average. It could not, and did not, last however. The injury excuse which has come to be believed is just a convenient nonsense that people tell themselves. No one listened to me when I was saying this during Nando's 'blip', and fair enough, no reason for anyone to take a random forum opinion seriously. In my view however, people don't have much excuse for continuing to buy the myth.

I was depressed the day we signed Nando and laughed when the claim was made that we had appointed the unwanted one to get the best out of him. Benitez knew there was no best to find. That's why he was dropping Nando, and regularly subbing him before he left Liverpool. The  players knew it too; Danny Murphy explained that anytime he spoke to ex Anfield teammates they talked about what Torres couldn't do rather than what he could, and Jamie Carragher revealed that the squad could not believe it when Chelsea offered £50m for a player they knew wasn't worth anywhere near that money. It really is time for the myth Torres created in a brief spell at Liverpool to stop being spread about.

Fernando was an ordinary footballer, Kane is much better. There is no comparison.

29 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Big difference is that Kane actually is a good player, while the brief blip at Liverpool is the only part of Nando's career during which he looked anything other than average. It could not, and did not, last however. The injury excuse which has come to be believed is just a convenient nonsense that people tell themselves. No one listened to me when I was saying this during Nando's 'blip', and fair enough, no reason for anyone to take a random forum opinion seriously. In my view however, people don't have much excuse for continuing to buy the myth.

I was depressed the day we signed Nando and laughed when the claim was made that we had appointed the unwanted one to get the best out of him. Benitez knew there was no best to find. That's why he was dropping Nando, and regularly subbing him before he left Liverpool. The  players knew it too; Danny Murphy explained that anytime he spoke to ex Anfield teammates they talked about what Torres couldn't do rather than what he could, and Jamie Carragher revealed that the squad could not believe it when Chelsea offered £50m for a player they knew wasn't worth anywhere near that money. It really is time for the myth Torres created in a brief spell at Liverpool to stop being spread about.

Fernando was an ordinary footballer, Kane is much better. There is no comparison.

I believe Kane best years are already behind him 2014-2018.

2 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

I agree and when a WC athlete starts to lose a step, the decline can be rapid. He could stay excellent for several years, but it has risk.

2 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

27 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I agree and when a WC athlete starts to lose a step, the decline can be rapid. He could stay excellent for several years, but it has risk.

25 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He is very injury prone, so I would stay away

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

There is no denying that you could all be right but I suspect it'll be some other club's problem, not Chelsea's. Kane would be well advised to avoid a move to Stamford Bridge. Why invite all the grief he would be bound to get from Spurs fans?  Easier to pick another club to move to. Unless it's a straight choice between us and moving back to Arsenal of course. :)

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

There is no denying that you could all be right but I suspect it'll be some other club's problem, not Chelsea's. Kane would be well advised to avoid a move to Stamford Bridge. Why invite all the grief he would be bound to get from Spurs fans?  Easier to pick another club to move to. Unless it's a straight choice between us and moving back to Arsenal of course. :)

If Manchester United got Kane they probably couldn’t afford Sancho as well 

51 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

If Manchester United got Kane they probably couldn’t afford Sancho as well 

Not necessarily. 

It just depends. If they sell a few players for decent fees such as Smalling, Lingard, Pereira etc who are longterm contracts and have say 150m at least on top of that they could manage it.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not necessarily. 

It just depends. If they sell a few players for decent fees such as Smalling, Lingard, Pereira etc who are longterm contracts and have say 150m at least on top of that they could manage it.

Not if they do not get CL. If they miss out this year there Adidas deal drops by £25m and I believe their shirt sponsorship also drops significantly. 

28 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Not if they do not get CL. If they miss out this year there Adidas deal drops by £25m and I believe their shirt sponsorship also drops significantly. 

If these figures are accurate, they sound like poor negotiating by United. They are still Man Utd, with huge newsworthiness and fanbase. From a sponsor's prospective, they are more attractive without CL, than almost every other club with it.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

United have got more than theyve always played sponsorships really well. I doubt theyd have such ridiculous clauses in every deal. Theyd be stupid to so as would any club. Plus all these sponsors want them to endorse their brand so imagine that at any big club yet alone Man United.

If Pogba is sold as well as it has heavily been hinted at, that's at least the chance of another 125m there too on top of anyhring else. Plus if they can shift Sanchez.

Van Gaal spent god knows how much when he got there in the summer the season after Moyes was sacked where they didnt have CL too so I dont think no CL is an issue. Was like 60m on Di Maria, 30m on Shaw, 30m on Herrera, 14m on Blind, 16m on Rojo, Falcaos loan fee and huge wages. Few other smaller signings.

Somewhere around 150m at least minimum without any major player sales and other big earners such as Rooney, Van Persie, De Gea still there so I dont think Ole wont get that sort of money to spend either if they are fully behind him.

Would be silly to assume United wont spend big if they get CL or not. They have almost every season since Woodward took that role.

Squad decisions for next year

Gk - Kepa, Caballero, Blackman - Need to decide on Kepa in next few weeks if we want to keep him or not, to replace him dont think we will get someone like donarumma or oblak without spendimg a kepa like fortune. Blackman can be our backup keeper and we can have a youth player as 3rd choice

Rb - Reece, Azpi - Sorted

Lb - Alonso, Emerson, Azpi, Maathsen - Hopefully Telles to replace alonso and emerson

Cb - Zouma, Rudiger, Tomori, Cristeansen, Ampadu, Azpi - Someone like Romagnali hopefully to replace zouma

3 midfielders - Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante, Rlc, Gilmour, Gallagher, Ampadu, Mount, Ziyech, Barkley - Sell Barkley and only buy if we end up selling Jorginho or kante

Wingers - cho, ziyech, pulisic, mount - buy one winger since mount and ziyech may play on the midfield to get the best out of them

Strikers - Tammy, Batshuayi - sell bats and buy another striker and promote another youth player to fill the ranks

In short we need a cb, lb, winger and a striker so thats 4 quality players and maybe a gk and a midfielder as well

On 3/4/2020 at 1:45 AM, NikkiCFC said:

Pulisic    Aouar    Ziyach

Kovacic   Kante

On 3/4/2020 at 5:47 AM, MoroccanBlue said:

That’s an interesting midfield. 

Nah, I don't think it's good.

First: Lack of size. 

This is one of reasons why we had so many goals concecded from set pieces. And so many more problems.

Second: Wrong tactic.

EVERY great teams need one holding midfielder at least. ("Holding midfielder" is a player in this role holds his position). Barca with Busquets, Real with Casemiro, Chelsea with Jorginho( under Sarri, Lampard) and Matic(under Mourinho Conte), Pep with Busquets, Fernaldinho, Rodrigo, Leicester with Drinkwater. It's a basic principle.

Kovacic is a ball carrier, always dribbles to attack and this is his greatest strength. And Kante, he is a runner. Don't make him stand still. Ranieri, Conte, Sarri and Lampard, they never do it.( I think Sarri and Lampard use Kante wrong way because they put Kante too high, make him jump to header in the penalty area and can't cover when team lost the ball.)

Third: Ziyech is a wide playmaker. We don't need a playmaker anymore, especially in the midfield. I know Aouar is very potential and very good playmaker. But I think RLC is exactly what we need and what we miss. He's tall and fit tactic with his abilities.

"I think you will miss Ruben; I don’t care who you are. You’ll miss his abilities. His natural physique, his ability to move the ball well and score the goals like he did last season, that has to be a big part of his game as well," Lampard told reporters.

Hopefully he will comeback 100%. Maybe or maybe not, this is a reason we linked with Milkinkovic-Savic', similiar player to RLC. 

I gonna post my picture again( sorry if I bother all you). If we buy SMS, it will be:

Kovacic(Mount)-SMS(Kante)

Jorginho(Gilmour)

aaa.png.f02bfaafca8202db2da9d17c9414f86d.png 

On 08/03/2020 at 11:34 AM, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Nah, I don't think it's good.

First: Lack of size. 

This is one of reasons why we had so many goals concecded from set pieces. And so many more problems.

Second: Wrong tactic.

EVERY great teams need one holding midfielder at least. ("Holding midfielder" is a player in this role holds his position). Barca with Busquets, Real with Casemiro, Chelsea with Jorginho( under Sarri, Lampard) and Matic(under Mourinho Conte), Pep with Busquets, Fernaldinho, Rodrigo, Leicester with Drinkwater. It's a basic principle.

Kovacic is a ball carrier, always dribbles to attack and this is his greatest strength. And Kante, he is a runner. Don't make him stand still. Ranieri, Conte, Sarri and Lampard, they never do it.( I think Sarri and Lampard use Kante wrong way because they put Kante too high, make him jump to header in the penalty area and can't cover when team lost the ball.)

Third: Ziyech is a wide playmaker. We don't need a playmaker anymore, especially in the midfield. I know Aouar is very potential and very good playmaker. But I think RLC is exactly what we need and what we miss. He's tall and fit tactic with his abilities.

"I think you will miss Ruben; I don’t care who you are. You’ll miss his abilities. His natural physique, his ability to move the ball well and score the goals like he did last season, that has to be a big part of his game as well," Lampard told reporters.

Hopefully he will comeback 100%. Maybe or maybe not, this is a reason we linked with Milkinkovic-Savic', similiar player to RLC. 

I gonna post my picture again( sorry if I bother all you). If we buy SMS, it will be:

Kovacic(Mount)-SMS(Kante)

Jorginho(Gilmour)

aaa.png.f02bfaafca8202db2da9d17c9414f86d.png 

I agree actually. I was just guessing possibilities for the next season. 

4-2-3-1 is archaic system barely used in modern football. Liverpool, City, Real, Barca, Juve all play with one number 6 and two number 8. 

So Jorginho/Gilmour are only players capable of playing deeper. And now for number 8 is a problem. OK for Mount, RLC and Barkley. Their perfect position. 

Kovacic is great to have for more pragmatic approach. But Kante is completely luxury player in this system we are planning to play. Sell him and buy SMS/Aouar. Again perfect players for the system.