Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

47 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Should've got him instead of useless Auba.

I think most of us can't rationalise the football justification, or the cost, of Neymar in our squad, but we probably don't need to concern ourselves with the money. Boehly and co are world class manipulators of cash. If Neymar is signed, the finances will be worked out along with a plan for handling the fiscal impact should the move be unsuccessful on the pitch. Can Mudryck play right wing as effectively as he does left?

The other two agenda items seem appropriate.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

2 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Should've got him instead of useless Auba.

Neymar Salary Profile

Neymar (Left Wing) has 3 years and €169,080,000 gross remaining on his contract with PSG (Ligue 1), expiring on Jun 30, 2025. Neymar, who is 30 years old, will earn a Gross Salary of €56,360,000 for the 2022-2023 Season, or €1,083,846 per week.

83e28744083e1a26d00ca48f647ea0cc.png

yup you see how much success PSG has had over the years... but don't let facts ruin the fun of blissful imagination. 😃

Seen what PSG has been doing done 10 times before and it failed 10 times: too many maestros and not enough players.

Edited by robsblubot

I don't want Neymar, what a waste. 

We should let PSG get Lukaku. Lukaku over there might kill it. 

As well give them other dude, I much rather we spend money on DM. We need someone like Caicedo, Rice type of player. Don't know if we can get someone like them for less money it would be amazing. 

And a goalkeeper. 

On 15/02/2023 at 16:27, Pizy said:

Bellingham would be a pretty odd fit IF we decide to buy Felix permanently. Which I of course hope we do. We saw Felix occupy that area behind the striker against WH and he was brilliant there. Bellingham likes to get forward and get into those areas frequently as well so I’m not sure it’s wise to pair Enzo with a player like that.

We’d be best served signing Rice/Caicedo/Koné. I’d obviously never say no to Bellingham but I’m not sure how having just Enzo as the primary shield for the defense would look.

Agreed. I get Boehly is the owner but little concerned when we buy players with little input from the manager. Because buying all these big names is all good but if there is no ideal philosophy in fitting them in, then just defeats the object. Bellingham and Enzo will be good in games where we want to dominate the ball but then there will be games as seen several times this season, where we got overrun on the counter attack and there are so many gaps. 

For the life of me, I don’t understand these new Neymar links at all whatsoever. Feels like a totally fabricated story that came simply as a result of Boehly being seen with the PSG president.

What possible use would we have for 30+ year old Neymar when we just bought a bunch of wide attacking players over the last 2 windows? He’s the antithesis of the profile we’ve been targeting. 

Even if he terminated his contract I’m not sure we’d be interested in a free due to his obscene wages.

1 minute ago, TheHulk said:

Play one as a striker, we can't miss out on Felix.

Neither is a true CF

You could play them as a pair up front

The formation becomes an issue then

Which one to go with?

The possibilities:

4 4 2

4 3 1 2

4 2 2 2

4 1 3 2

4 1 2 1 2

5 2 1 2

5 3 2

5 1 2 2

3 4 1 2

3 3 2 2

3 2 3 2

3 1 3 1 2

3 1 4 2

We could use Felix and Nkunku both directly behind a true CF

4 3 2 1

4 2 1 2 1

4 1 2 2 1

3 4 2 1

3 3 1 2 1

3 2 2 2 1

3 1 3 2 1

6 hours ago, Vegetable said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/Chelsea-man-no-longer-irreplaceable-poor-form-club-already-looking-alternatives/

Inter seems to be leaning towards getting rid of Lukaku, unless they will shaft us on cash completely.

We can't rule out the possibility that this story has been placed precisely as part of a plan to depress Lukaku's transfer fee.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

113m transfer fee (over five years becomes 22.6m) + 12m yearly = 34.6m in amortisation yearly.

If we sell this summer, his transfer fee crashes in for another 90.4m. I think he goes on another loan with an option to loan with option to buy. These figures are from Google and in Euros. 

We don't sell this fat bear until at least the 4th or fifth year of his contract. Even Inter don't need him anymore as they replaced him with Dzeko. Giroud is doing well with AC and Vlahovic the same with Juve. Osimhen is targeting his first title so Serie A is really popping with strikers atm and he is doing nothing.