Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/benfica/detalhe/benfica-recusa-90m-mais-jogadores-por-enzo-Chelsea-daria-ziyech-e-outros-dois?ref=Detalhe_Relacionadas

Record are now saying the latest offer is 90M€+ Ziyech on a permanent move + Datro Fofana and Andrey Santos on loan.

No way that is true. A transfer already as complex as this one doesn't need offering three players going in the other direction and having to negotiate each of their moves separately. 😂

My feeling is we are offering something vaguely interesting to them but currently too much of money is in add-ons and Benfica want more of it guaranteed in the main figure. That would explain everything that's happened, including them willingly negotiating with us and not just telling us to fuck off and pay the release clause from the beginning if we want him. 

6 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

My feeling is we are offering something vaguely interesting to them but currently too much of money is in add-ons and Benfica want more of it guaranteed in the main figure. That would explain everything that's happened, including them willingly negotiating with us and not just telling us to fuck off and pay the release clause from the beginning if we want him. 

Reports we only ever offered €85m. From the start, the sum is 21m euros short of the release clause. Now theres talk it was that fee and 3 players too, Ziyech, David Fofana (loan) and Andre Santos who hasn’t signed yet (loan).

There was no negotiations by sounds of it was just Benfica telling no pay the release clause or don’t bother bidding. Not surprised. Was never confident in getting him so not surprised. Convincing Benfica to agree to terms that aren’t as favourable to them as 106m upfront was always going to be near impossible.

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 hours ago, Stats said:

The transfers we are being linked with is worrying a bit. It seems that Boehly is targeting young players without any approval of Potter and just planning to lump them all in one squad. We are now seemingly after Mudryk whose best position is on the LW. Then if Arsenal don't meet Shakhtar's offer and we end up signing him, are we then going to try and sign Leao in the summer who is also a LW. We bought Bashadille from Monaco which I am content with but also reports say we still are after Gvardiol. Then have we got a plan for Colwill still then? I hope the owner isn't just bidding for players for the sake of it.

Also if we don't get Fernandez, hope we are not rash in buying CM just for sake of it. I don't believe MacAllister will join, but if we did go for him, I would be quite worried about us just buying the hottest topics. He is a very good player but does he actually improve the current team. Gallagher was brilliant at Palace last season and we have reintroduced him back into our squad, albeit he is struggling for starts. So now if we buy a player like him who is flourishing at Brighton then joins a bigger team and doesn't stand out, just adds to the problem.

If there is a plan for these players we are bidding for then I am happy but with likes of Nkunku joining and then we are bidding for Mudryk, is this with Potter's approval. Sterling hasn't hit the major heights yet, but his best position is also on the LW and he was a player we invested big money and wages into, so will have to work with him and ideally at his best position. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/31771/12476234/transfer-centre-live-all-the-latest-deals-moves-and-rumours-as-the-january-transfer-window-opens?postid=5172642#liveblog-body

Relates to my point here and can’t say I disagree. If we keep buying players or the next ‘biggest thing’ then will potential players begin to take us seriously if they think we are going to buy a new player in their position everytime the window is open. 

I would be very surprised if Mudryk wanted to come here tbh unless he was tempted by salary which I don’t think is his main objective.

5 hours ago, We Hate Scouse said:

- 120 million is too much, we're over spending

*Chelsea offer 85 million*

- Chelsea are a joke of a club, sack the board, embarrassing

Gotta love the toxicity, entitlement and fickleness of a Chelsea fan. 

Ultimately, we have no idea which contradictory journo is correct, but I for sure will wait and see what happens. The rest of you need to wind your necks in a little bit...

yep.

also, would not be surprised if benfica is just fucking with us and tries to get more money from our desperate situation. they also have to know that they are playing with fire if they are not selling him now, since it can easily go as same as rices transfer for example. 120 million is a lot of fucking money for a player like fernandez, who knows if there will be another 85-100 milion offer for him, let alone 120...

5 hours ago, We Hate Scouse said:

- 120 million is too much, we're over spending

*Chelsea offer 85 million*

- Chelsea are a joke of a club, sack the board, embarrassing

Gotta love the toxicity, entitlement and fickleness of a Chelsea fan. 

Ultimately, we have no idea which contradictory journo is correct, but I for sure will wait and see what happens. The rest of you need to wind your necks in a little bit...

I went into full melt down mode last night at work when the news of a collapse broke and as an experienced fan of such a club, I should have know better.... but still, isn't that why we love the game.... so we can act like the reactionary scumbags that we are.

6 hours ago, Stats said:

The transfers we are being linked with is worrying a bit. It seems that Boehly is targeting young players without any approval of Potter and just planning to lump them all in one squad. We are now seemingly after Mudryk whose best position is on the LW. Then if Arsenal don't meet Shakhtar's offer and we end up signing him, are we then going to try and sign Leao in the summer who is also a LW.

The rumors of us going after Mudryk started straight after it was reported Rafael Leao is close to extending with Milan.

I haven't seen much of Mudryk but from the little I know about him I think him and Leao are both very similar player types, ie. a LW with the ability of dribbling past opponents at high pace. Leao is definitely the better and more proven player of the two though.

I don't see us getting either of them. Mudryk wants Arsenal and if Leao extends his contract he won't be going anywhere for a couple of years at least.

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I get the clamour for midfielders but fuck me up front worries the shit out of me.

I think our midfield is still the biggest issue. I even advocated that last summer ahead of bringing in defenders. 

Jorginho is such a limited player and even a fit Kovacic and Kante are still vastly limited. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I get the clamour for midfielders but fuck me up front worries the shit out of me.

I'm a big believer in sort the system out and the rests follows.

Look at the difference with United's forwards now they have Casemiro and Eriksen and not McFred. Heck when Jorgi/Kova/Kante were at their peak we won the UCL with arguably worse forward options.