Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

38 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

None of those look like superstars to me. Feel like we will pay for choosing fofana over Gvardiol over the coming years.

there are hardly any 'superstar' CBs out there, certainly not ones who are available, other than MAYBE Skriniar, who I did list, if he doesn't renew, and of course Gvardiol

as for Gvardiol this past summer, we offred €90m and RB said no

the Fofana STUPID buy was in addition to that deal, not because we failed (Fofana is a right footer)

Koulibaly panic buy is a better comparison

and btw, those 4 I listed are all between 20 and 23 years old, so lots of upside

look at the top 25 CBs (in terms of valuation) on T-Markt 

who am I missing? I have discussed them all in depth since I joined the board almost 5 years ago

Kimpembe maybe (as he is a left footer too), BUT we would only get 2 sub 30yo seasons out of him if he buy him in 2023, and he doesn't want to leave PSG (would you atm, unless it was for Real?) as they only need a couple WC or near WC midfielders and another CF to have a MONSTER club for the next season or 2, and they are also the leaders for Skriniar IF he doesn't renew

Pau Torres? (another left footer)

I don't rate him that much, he lacks pace, and makes errors too often in terms of positioning, plus he doesn't like overly physically play (hello EPL), and in that he is typical La Liga CB

d5687db7abba07ce8a1751e8faa55f23.png14dd4d3fb6354ecabaf96a94734aa93a.png

Edited by Vesper

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

there are hardly any 'superstar' CBs out there, certainly not ones who are available, other than MAYBE Skriniar, who I did list, if he doesn't renew, and of course Gvardiol

as for Gvardiol this past summer, we offred €90m and RB said no

the Fofana STUPID buy was in addition to that deal, not because we failed (Fofana is a right footer)

Koulibaly panic buy is a better comparison

and btw, those 4 I listed are all between 20 and 23 years old, so lots of upside

look at the top 25 CBs (in terms of valuation) on T-Markt 

who am I missing? I have discussed them all in depth since I joined the board almost 5 years ago

Kimpembe maybe (as he is a left footer too), BUT we would only get 2 sub 30yo seasons out of him if he buy him in 2023, and he doesn't want to leave PSG (would you atm, unless it was for Real?) as they only need a couple WC or near WC midfielders and another CF to have a MONSTER club for the next season or 2, and they are also the leaders for Skriniar IF he doesn't renew

Pau Torres? (another left footer)

I don't rate him that much, he lacks pace, and makes errors too often in terms of positioning, plus he doesn't like overly physically play (hello EPL), and in that he is typical La Liga CB

d5687db7abba07ce8a1751e8faa55f23.png14dd4d3fb6354ecabaf96a94734aa93a.png

No I think your point is right. There just isn't a plethora of available superstar CBs atm. Fofana ( especially for his price) and KK were stupid buys but we needed to fill squad space after Rudiger and Christensen. We desperately need colwill to step up or we will be overpaying for 2 more CBs with maybe some potential but definitely not the elite tier than Gvardiol falls into.

You guys really need to chill on calling Fofana a bust. 

Life isn't just black and white - guy came here and unfortunately suffered an injury. Plenty of guys in sports that suffered terrible injuries early on who went on to be men of steel and never got injured throughout their career after early setbacks.

He is clearly very talented too. 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

You guys really need to chill on calling Fofana a bust. 

Life isn't just black and white - guy came here and unfortunately suffered an injury. Plenty of guys in sports that suffered terrible injuries early on who went on to be men of steel and never got injured throughout their career after early setbacks.

He is clearly very talented too. 

before his injury here, but post bad Leicester injury, he clearly had lost a step

before we bought him he fell far off my lists due to that bad injury

before the Leicester injury he was very high on my lists, but I want to see two years post bad injury before I recco someone again

1 hour ago, Hashishi said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion: We should have signed Casemiro as a stop gap DM to help us transition into 433 this year. He would have chosen us over Manure for CL. 

hell no!

£70m for a 31yo (in two months) DMF?

PASS

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

before his injury here, but post bad Leicester injury, he clearly had lost a step

before we bought him he fell far off my lists due to that bad injury

before the Leicester injury he was very high on my lists, but I want to see two years post bad injury before I recco someone again

He is 21 building his confidence back up. It isn't going to happen overnight, and not like he is 100 games in here showing the same thing. He was getting better and better in his performances before his latest setback. 

12 minutes ago, Thor said:

He is 21 building his confidence back up. It isn't going to happen overnight, and not like he is 100 games in here showing the same thing. He was getting better and better in his performances before his latest setback. 

Time will tell but atm I remain unconvinced.

I think it has a substantial chance to go down as a truly shit buy. I truly hope not.

I have a solid track record here predicting systemic risk, both short term and on longer range event horizons on a multivariate number of stress points, both player-related and also bigger picture, whole club structures.

I warned back during the Skripal poisoning affair that it was time for Roman to sell the club, as he was likely to be banned by the Home Office from obtaining a visa renewal (and that would cock up the new stadium) and was at true risk, down the road, of having the club seized, due to his close ties to Putin.

I was laughed at then by some. We all know how that ended. 😒

it's based off the Sun, so take it with a huge grain of salt

the only reason I post the article below is because with Gvardiol not in play until 2024, and Mbappe and Håland locked up for now, Real will be looking for the next superstar signing quite possibly, and Bellingham is that

top 10 most valuable atm on T-M

Erling Haaland      €170.00m  
Kylian Mbappé     €160.00m 
Vinicius Junior      €120.00m  
Phil Foden            €110.00m    
Jude Bellingham   €100.00m 
Pedri                     €100.00m  
Jamal Musiala       €100.00m 
Federico Valverde €100.00m 
Gavi                       €90.00m    
Bukayo Saka          €90.00m 

Premier League giants Liverpool, Man City, and Chelsea receive Jude Bellingham blow

https://www.livesoccertv.com/news/459264/premier-league-giants-liverpool-man-city-and-Chelsea-receive-huge-jude-bellingham-blow/

The Three Lions sensation is set to leave Dortmund this summer, but a return to England might not be his next destination.

Jude Bellingham is the hottest young player in the transfer window, with Europe's biggest clubs all competing to sign the highly-rated Englishman. The Dortmund ace was one of the standout players at the 2022 FIFA World Cup, and as a result, a major summer move looks to be on the horizon.

A battle is underway to lure the 19-year-old from the Signal Iduna Park. Four Premier League giants are keen on landing the former Birmingham starlet and they are Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, and Manchester United, with the Reds and the Cityzens leading the pack. PSG, meanwhile, are also following the midfielder.

However, according to the Sun, the English clubs no longer hold the advantage in this transfer saga. The British tabloid report that Real Madrid are now currently leading the race and are confident of signing the Bundesliga sensation, who will likely cost over £100M ($121M).

Los Blancos have already racked up a pool of young but exceptionally talented midfielders. The Spanish giants landed Eduardo Camavinga and Aurélien Tchouameni over the last two summer transfer windows, joining Uruguayan ace Federico Valverde at the Bernabeu.

The initial consensus was that Liverpool were leading the pack, with Jurgen Klopp identifying Jude as the man to rejuvenate Anfield. Throughout Qatar 2022, the midfielder could be seen alongside Trent Alexander-Arnold and Jordan Henderson, thus further backing the claim.

However, Ancelotti's side are confident after "courting him throughout 2022". One important factor must be stated: while Bellingham will command an exuberant transfer fee and wage package, money isn't the deciding factor here.

The Three Lions ace will not join the club that pays him the most but is rather focused on the best step for his career. As a result, Los Merengues believe that the opportunity to become a household Real Madrid player will be irresistible,

Liverpool have done tremendous work already to sell their project. Manchester City, meanwhile, have the money, the silverware, and Bellingham's former teammate Erling Haaland to entice Jude. Real Madrid, on the other hand, are the champions of Europe and will look to ruin the party for the two aforementioned Premier League heavyweights.

It’s like we got all of our “now” signings out of the way in Todd’s first transfer window over the summer and now we’re going bananas on teenagers that won’t be first team candidates for years, if ever.

I’m not mad at this approach, but hope there will still be additional quality that goes directly into the first team soon. If we can pull off the improbably and get Leão to add to Nkunku who is already done then we’ll have a massively improved attack heading into next season. Pulisic and Ziyech out, Leão and Nkunku in. Sterling, Havertz, Leão, and Nkunku as fluid attackers interchanging positions would be great.