Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Why? So we can always see how it is to be overrun in MF and/or play 90% square or backward passes and/or slow the pace down to a crawl?

Our assessment is different on Jorginho, if you think he is upgradable and better options available that is fine. My point at the very least is resign Jorginho, and bring in enforcement. 

17 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

I think we will probably spending big on the midfielders since Kante and Jorginho are leaving. Kovacic also has 2 year left, so we need to make another big decision either keep or sell.

I highly doubt the club will let both midfielders just walk away on free transfers.   I'd be shocked if a deal wasn't offered to Jorginho (whether he accepts it or decides to cash in on a nice deal + signing on fee from an Italian club remains to be seen). 

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

I am so not counting on signing any of those 3

to buy all three would cost around £350m or so, maybe more

Bellingham won't come to us if the likes of Real Madrid and City are going after him and De Jong won't leave Barcelona till he gets his deferred wages. 

That leaves Declan Rice, let's see how much the new owners are willing to spend...

7 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Our assessment is different on Jorginho, if you think he is upgradable and better options available that is fine. My point at the very least is resign Jorginho, and bring in enforcement. 

I have listed my upgrades for ages. Jorginho has often been a disaster over the past year or so. Maybe Potter has some way to better utilise him, and if so, he truly is a genius.

Players like Bellingham and De Jong are likely only to come if we have CL football next season. 

Rice I feel would jump at the chance no matter what if we pay the money. So I still think he’s the likeliest of the super expensive midfield targets.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Players like Bellingham and De Jong are likely only to come if we have CL football next season. 

Rice I feel would jump at the chance no matter what if we pay the money. So I still think he’s the likeliest of the super expensive midfield targets.

Rice turns 25 in the middle of next season. Next summer is the last one where we would get 5 full sub 30yo seasons out of Rice (and almost all trad DMFs go to shit after they are older than 30yo), so, in terms of paying way over £100m, say in the the £125m to even £150m range, it will be do or die time for me

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Rice turns 25 in the middle of next season. Next summer is the last one where we would get 5 full sub 30yo seasons out of Rice (and almost all trad DMFs go to shit after they are older than 30yo), so, in terms of paying way over £100m, say in the the £125m to even £150m range, it will be do or die time for me

top 10 over-30yo DMF's in terms of valuation on TMarkt: (and six of the ten are only 31yo, to show you how utterly younger player loaded the position is)

N'Golo Kanté (and Kante is down to only £36m, at at only 31yo)

massive drop off, the next, de Roon, is only £15.3m

Marten de Roon (31yo)
Mateus Uribe  (31yo)
Danilo Pereira (31yo)
Benjamin André (just turned 32yo)

all the rest are under £10m

Allan (31yo)
Sergio Busquets  (so NOT a trad DMF)
Grzegorz Krychowiak  
Arijan Ademi  (31yo)
Taras Stepanenko 

all the rest are under £5m

plus

other ones, well known, but worth even less, many long ago went to shit, but some are only 31

Francis Coquelin
Nemanja Matić 
Steven Nzonzi   
Oriol Romeu  
Axel Witsel (the only one on this entire list, plus the non listed Fernandinho, who was great 32yo and older as a trad DMF)
Victor Wanyama 
Cheikhou Kouyaté
Fernando     
Morgan Schneiderlin
Javi Martínez   
Luka Milivojevic  
Étienne Capoue  
Asier Illarramendi  
Sebastian Rudy
Jake Livermore  

updated comprehensive list of CF options (Christopher Nkunku is an AMF and an SS, not a CF)

so................

Kylian Mbappé (LOLOLOLOL)

Victor Osimhen
Rafael Leão (he isn't really a CF though, but could be perhaps, and buy him for other positions anyway)

Dušan Vlahović 
Lautaro Martínez 
João Félix  (he isn't really a CF though)
Ivan Toney
Alexander Isak
Jonathan David
Benjamin Sesko
Amine Gouiri
Karim Adeyemi
Arnaut Danjuma
Hugo Ekitiké
Gonçalo Ramos
Aleksandar Mitrović
Noah Okafor
Evanilson

youth

Endrick
Mathys Tel
Momo Cho
Elye Wahi
Youssoufa Moukoko

On 15/10/2022 at 17:59, Vesper said:

shoot me now

Jorginho prioritising Chelsea stay

https://thehardtackle.com/reactions/jorginho-prioritising-Chelsea-stay/

Actually saw how useful he can be yesterday. Came on and helped gain a bit of control in midfield. As long as he's not first choice, he's a calming midfield influence to have

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

I think few mids have edged ahead of Rice in the last year. Bellingham, FdJ are the ones I would be excited about targeting.

40 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

So if Nkunku is not a typical CF and winger won't we have another problem with finding him optimal position in our squad like with Havertz and Timo?

He can basically play any position in our front 3. And if we switch to a back 4 again for some games, he'd slot in perfectly as the 10 or a shadow striker.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

the likes of Kounde were making fun of Chelsea after the opening Champions League game.

According to an earlier post in the forum the comment you are referring to came from a fake account and not from Kounde himself.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

8 minutes ago, Artandur said:

He can basically play any position in our front 3. And if we switch to a back 4 again for some games, he'd slot in perfectly as the 10 or a shadow striker.

Basically a jack of all trades and master of none.

45 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

So if Nkunku is not a typical CF and winger won't we have another problem with finding him optimal position in our squad like with Havertz and Timo?

Not really, his technical play is far superior to both Timo and Havertz on the wings & would give him alot of opportunities to get involved in our attack from the wing.  Timo was limited because he needed space to thrive (hence why he's scoring goals again in the Bundesliga), his previous manager at Leipzig even mentioned that Timo is a great player in certain situations but against teams with a low block, he won't offer many solutions in our attack (think that was before a matchup between Leipzig and Atletico Madrid who were one of the harder defenses to break down in the UCL).

The problem with Havertz is that he doesn't really fit any role in our tactical system.  At Leverkusen, he was basically the #1 option playing off another striker/playing between the lines.  Not sure how Havertz has been utilized by Potter but he was effectively used either on the wing or upfront by previous managers.....and it all came with mixed results.