Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

57 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’d be fine keeping Kante around and using him as a situational player who doesn’t have to play every match.

Jorginho absolutely must go, though. Unless he has some sort of major resurgence in a new way of playing that Potter develops, I suppose.

It makes no sense to offer Kante a four-year contract due to his age clearly catching up with him. We're supposedly already offering him a longer contract than I'd suggested.

58 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It makes no sense to offer Kante a four-year contract due to his age clearly catching up with him. We're supposedly already offering him a longer contract than I'd suggested.

I think he will leave on a free

when he is fit, he is still an extraordinary player (I grudgingly admit that Sarri did transform and broaden his game) who vastly improves us, BUT he is fairly unlikely to stay fit for a full season ever again, he is out injured yet again as I type this

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

when he is fit, he is still an extraordinary player (I grudgingly admit that Sarri did transform and broaden his game) who vastly improves us, BUT he is fairly unlikely to stay fit for a full season ever again, he is out injured yet again as I type this

True he's been such a strong , tough players who's put his body through the mill, unfortunately it's taking his toll now, he's just made of cracked glass now, such a shame.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Is he really still so extraordinary? He is capable of pulling a great game, but last season he wasn't any good in most of them (that he was playing)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

It seems the most likely outcome. All things considered, parting ways would be the best decision & we sign a long-term replacement (Rice 😐).

Edited by LAM09

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It seems the most likely outcome. All things considered, parting ways would be the best decision & we sign a long-term replacement (Rice 😐).

I do hope we look at alternative options as Declan Rice will be at least 100+ million (based on West Ham's f*ck off price tag of 150 million) and he's definitely not worth that.  

I love Kante.i will always love Kante.but i’m totally fine with him leaving on a free.he has repaid his transfer fee.

i wouldnt have offered him anymore than a rolling one year contract.we would be foolish to offer him the length we reportedly have let along that which he reportedly desires. No hard feelings,just don’t agree to it..time for younger players to rise and shine!

The problem with Kante is his wages. 

If he wanted a 3 year contract but his wages were incentivised through his productivity and amount of games he was playing, I'd be inclined to keep him but I assume he wouldn't be entertaining a drop in wages, or at the very least a substantial one.

As good as Kante has been and arguably still is, we cannot justify having one of, if not the highest earner playing no more than 50% of the games and probably needing to be managed from here on in during his career when he is fit.

Retiring from international duty after the World Cup I think would be a big help to him trying to prolong his career at the top level.

30 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I do hope we look at alternative options as Declan Rice will be at least 100+ million (based on West Ham's f*ck off price tag of 150 million) and he's definitely not worth that.  

Aside from 5th tier footballers everyone of them in England is over priced but i’d put his at around 120m price tag in current market and feel he is worth that.

Proper DM that can also create and has winners driven mentality. Huge desire to play for us.very safe signing.

44 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I'm with you 100%. The idea of signing him for a stupid amount so he can "return home" is something I'm not keen on, but everything seems to be pointing in that direction, and even more so now, with United no longer in that particular race having signed Casemiro. 

Edited by LAM09

3 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

Is he really still so extraordinary? He is capable of pulling a great game, but last season he wasn't any good in most of them (that he was playing)

he has had some monster games, but simply cannot stay healthy

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I see Moisés Caicedo or Nicolò Barella  (very hard pull) as more of a like for like replacement.

IF we are going to make a big money move for Barella, then next summer is close to the last (certainly 2024 will be THE last) I can approve of the outlay.

Barella turns 27 in the middle of next season. That means (if we bought him next summer) only 3 full sub 30yo seasons left. If we bought him in summer 2024, then only left.

That shakes out to only 5 prime seasons MAX, and if we take him in 2023, then 4 MAX, and the final season of that 4 or 5 (when  he turns 31yo) he will be older than Kante was last year (Kante has had injury issues starting in 2019/20, when he missed half the games).

Barella tosses his body around like a madman, like Kante does, so I can project out that he may also start to have injury issues as well once he turns 30 or so.

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

There is no way I would pay over £100m for Rice after summer 2024.

In summer 2025 we would be buying a player who soon turns 27 (or 28 if the summer after that) for a position that ages incredibly poorly (traditional DMF)

The ONLY over 30yo DMF (and that includes all types of DMF, including the less rigorous deep holding type) in the top 45 globally in terms of valuation is the 31yo Kante. and look at his multiyear issues. The only other 2 who are even 30yo are Jorginho (not at all a trad DMF) and Casemiro, who will end end a fairly poor buy I wager for that insane £70m (when add-ons are included) price.

1 hour ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

I love Kante.i will always love Kante.but i’m totally fine with him leaving on a free.he has repaid his transfer fee.

i wouldnt have offered him anymore than a rolling one year contract.we would be foolish to offer him the length we reportedly have let along that which he reportedly desires. No hard feelings,just don’t agree to it..time for younger players to rise and shine!

Yes, next season (the FIRST year of his potential extension) he turns 33yo.

I have a bridge to sell anyone who thinks a 34, 35, 36yo Kante is going to be worth around £250-300K PW.

Tower Bridge | R11641 | Rebel Walls EN-CA

Most impactful U25 players worldwide

https://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2022/wp388/en/

Issue number 388 of the Weekly Post presents the top 10 Impact Score rates among footballers who did not yet celebrate their 25th birthday for each of the fifteen technical profiles identified by the CIES Football Observatory’s role-based approach. The greatest values overall (100/100) were recorded for Alessandro Bastoni (blocker playmaker), Éder Militão (pure blocker), Jules Koundé (air blocker filter man) and Vinícius Júnior (infiltrator creator).

The Impact Score is an exclusive CIES Football Observatory’s metrics developed to assess players’ sporting achievement and potential. It is calculated by taking into consideration the average match level in which players participated according to the experience capital method, official game minutes played over the last 365 days, as well as pitch performance compared to both teammates, opponents and same profile’s players.

The role-based approach used to determine technical profiles clusters players according to the level of their involvement in eight areas of the game with respect to teammates: air defence, ground defence, recovery, distribution, take on, chance creation, air attack and shooting.

An exclusive tool, powered by InStat data, displaying big-5 league players’ technical profile, performance level, age, contractual status, estimated transfer value and suitable potential replacements among footballers from 59 leagues worldwide is accessible for free here. A premium version is available for professionals. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information and insights.

9c6afb7d6e8361e04d2d90ee198b0feb.pnga8c6f601f9e1018f3edd0ceab45efc96.png1973406721395c9cce30840c445a0da6.png5ed9fe539231026e1c322099fb297d36.png30c3a3a9f488bd5a760a6359edfee709.png075d2d85c3ffc55f2ca8cfb6e565ecbf.png413f820bff2dc44fa234b213f48a9a99.png535f28d8712bee2d89144ec2b30957a4.png2a51bbd058ad1d00da577786ec13ac6f.png9330abc4036ad6f01966712f7181857b.pngbd691d7da00986ce45965c9e61d6f588.pngd00db212b19ec06b7fa0694b1d9b408f.png2b55269a19216339ab0fc2bb3370a9fa.png4100594ff881890ee4d0d47a8df683d7.png86230a389a25d1dc60bad94641e5de89.png

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I see Moisés Caicedo or Nicolò Barella  (very hard pull) as more of a like for like replacement.

IF we are going to make a big money move for Barella, then next summer is close to the last (certainly 2024 will be THE last) I can approve of the outlay.

Barella turns 27 in the middle of next season. That means (if we bought him next summer) only 3 full sub 30yo seasons left. If we bought him in summer 2024, then only left.

That shakes out to only 5 prime seasons MAX, and if we take him in 2023, then 4 MAX, and the final season of that 4 or 5 (when  he turns 31yo) he will be older than Kante was last year (Kante has had injury issues starting in 2019/20, when he missed half the games).

Barella tosses his body around like a madman, like Kante does, so I can project out that he may also start to have injury issues as well once he turns 30 or so.

I'd be all over Barella as his replacement. I've been a fan for quite a few years; he has a bit of everything and has that bite, which a lot of top players lack nowadays.

You'd like to think Lukaku being at Inter would help us as a bargaining tool of sorts, but his loan so far hasn't been good at all.

Having said all that, I wouldn't be surprised if we went for the former for obvious reasons & potentially a few other Brighton players (Mac Allister is someone that could be a good fit down the road).

Edited by LAM09

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'd be all over Barella as his replacement. I've been a fan for quite a few years; he has a bit of everything and has that bite, which a lot of top players lack nowadays.

You'd like to think Lukaku being at Inter would help us as a bargaining tool of sorts, but his loan so far hasn't been good at all.

Having said all that, I wouldn't be surprised if we went for the former for obvious reasons & potentially a few other Brighton players (Mac Allister is someone that could be a good fit down the road).

This will probably make heads explode here, but I would straight swap Gallagher for Alexis Mac Allister right now, especially as we now have Potter, who started the polishing of that rough diamond.