Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

meh

more true farmer league fail

he is 25 in October, if he was all that and a bag of crisps, would not he have been snapped up before?

Maybe. Maybe we get him in his prime who knows any more surely can't be worse than jorgi or RLC at defending.

12 minutes ago, Kong said:

No idea who he is.

Bit of a weird one but because of my skin colour, I grew up as a bit of a running joke that I was Mexican and as a result I've actually followed Mexico a bit as a football team and kind of support them as my 'adopted' nation.

If we're talking primarily as a holding midfielder he's good and solid. He's the sort of player that can knit and hold things together. At 6ft 2 as well he'd offer a lot more physicality to the midfield.

But he's not great on the ball - he's not terrible, and would at least look to keep things simple but how that transfers across to English football would be my worry coming to play in England with the pace and intensity. I'm not saying he's as bad, but we've already seen in the past someone like Bakayoko look passable outside of England but completely struggle over here. For me, he'd need to be able to show he's quicker on the ball, particularly if he played in a pivot.

If you played a 4-3-3 with a genuine holder then he'd actually be a pretty good choice in that role. But as a pivot in a 3-5-2 or 4-2-2-2 I'm not quite sure.

No midfield no party. I can't say I am overly enthusiastic with the  latest signing or most of them. Even if we get Gvardiol we still wont be able to play back four without decent defensive midfielder. I can not understand how that pivotal part of every football team got neglected here. We saw this against Leeds. And again against Saints. Our aging  and average midfielders and defenders were slow and overrun against quicker and younger players. 

We may invest 500 mill in 10 new players if we don't invest in CDM or at least CM we may still go trough the  riot with Kante and Jorginho talking to another clubs in January and putting less effort even when they are fit. 

I honestly don't understand. We have gentlemen's agreement with Rice for the next season? I don't know but this midfield won't give me faith even if we found ourselves at the top by January.

How come so many defenders and no midfielders? This window would be closer to ideal if we got great CDM  instead of  KK. 

I respect that Boehly invested in the team but it can all be in vain cause you are only as strong as your weakest link. 

I won’t be able to clown United supporters about them massively overpaying for mediocre Dutch league players if we go ahead and do it too. For a dude that’s even worse than mediocre. 

Remember beginning of the summer we were linked with 20m Guido rodriguez. I bet this Alvarez guy is basically the exact same player.

At this point, clubs can just smell the desperation and will completely pull our pants down on the price

The only decent value for money midfield deal out there is Tielemans.

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Bit of a weird one but because of my skin colour, I grew up as a bit of a running joke that I was Mexican and as a result I've actually followed Mexico a bit as a football team and kind of support them as my 'adopted' nation.

If we're talking primarily as a holding midfielder he's good and solid. He's the sort of player that can knit and hold things together. At 6ft 2 as well he'd offer a lot more physicality to the midfield.

But he's not great on the ball - he's not terrible, and would at least look to keep things simple but how that transfers across to English football would be my worry coming to play in England with the pace and intensity. I'm not saying he's as bad, but we've already seen in the past someone like Bakayoko look passable outside of England but completely struggle over here. For me, he'd need to be able to show he's quicker on the ball, particularly if he played in a pivot.

If you played a 4-3-3 with a genuine holder then he'd actually be a pretty good choice in that role. But as a pivot in a 3-5-2 or 4-2-2-2 I'm not quite sure.

We have to switch to a 4-3-3. It suits kova, kante, Gallagher, mount far more than a double pivot. Each of them is an 8 with different qualities. We need a proper 6 to accentuate those players.

Just watched a comp on YouTube of this dude Alvarez. Looks to be a textbook destroyer. Which admittedly we could really use right about now but I didn’t really get a sense at all of what else he does besides tackling.

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ajax is laughing all the way to the bank with the EPL mugs

Would not trust most of these sources. We were going to apparently offer 100m for fofana, yet ended up buying for significantly less. 

Would not be surprised if we honestly want to get ziyech off the books, and have proposed a swap or something. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just watched a comp on YouTube of this dude Alvarez. Looks to be a textbook destroyer. Which admittedly we could really use right about now but I didn’t really get a sense at all of what else he does besides tackling.

That's all we need right now.