Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, lucio said:

Buy a decent RB , play James in CDM and 433. Just do something tuchel ffs 

Even yesterday when we were shite Reece was our most dangerous attacker together with Sterling as soon as Tuchel abandoned this RLC experiment. Same against Spuds when he changed the formation and moved Reece to his actual position.

Signing Fofana already so that James can play as a fucking wingback will help the team so much. RLC over there was a cute trick in a one off game where Spuds weren’t expecting it. We obviously should not be doing that again.

As for a midfield signing, I was of the same mind as Tuchel apparently still is in. I figured “we have Jorginho, Kante, Kova, and Gallagher so we don’t need a new, expensive midfielder.” But after seeing us totally fall apart and crumble into a pathetic mess in the span of 7 days without Kante I’ve changed my mind. Kante and Kova are ALWAYS injured these days and cannot be counted on. And for some reason Tuchel considers Gallagher a deep midfielder when that clearly isn’t his position as we saw yesterday. He’s best in the Mount role and that’s who he should be competing with, not Kante and Kova.

We go from being a totally dominant, world class midfield to one who every opponent fancies themselves against with a single injury. That tells you we need someone new.

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

https://www.football.london/Chelsea-fc/news/tuchel-leeds-Chelsea-mendy-koulibaly-24816030

Tuchel: "Another midfielder? We have Jorginho, N'Golo Kante, we have Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Conor Gallagher, Mateo Kovacic…." - I just hope he just doesn't want to throw the team under the bus and he is not really think this.

Yeah, hope so!

Although him making statements like that and other things ('we were unlucky' and all that) that are obviously untrue concern me because of how little things change. If things were improving as work is done behind the scenes that's one thing but how we've been for a long time now is ... worrying.

2 hours ago, Jype said:

I actually called it a couple weeks ago. We've come full circle now. 😂

Morata is not a bad player, his all-around play is actually quite decent but he's just a terrible goalscorer so clearly not what we need at the moment...

The funny thing is I can see why so many top teams have taken that chance with Morata. He has so many attributes people look for in a forward, he just simply lacks the mentality to cope and deal with the pressures of that role.

His composure in front of goal probably would fit in pretty well here to be honest. At least he'd feel better within himself he's not the only one those misses are happening to!

14 minutes ago, Jype said:

Says a deal for Aubameyang is close at €22+5M and the final agreement between clubs could even come today.

£18.6M + £4.2M for those too lazy to convert.

Wow. We just flipped Werner for a 33 year old auba. Well done TT. Well done