Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

shit list (expansive) ALL need to go go go, none should be here come the start the of 2023/24 season

Marcus Bettinelli  
Ethan Ampadu 
Malang Sarr
Emerson  
Marcos Alonso
Abdul-Rahman Baba
Ian Maatsen
Juan Castillo
César Azpilicueta
Dujon Sterling
Jorginho   
Tiémoué Bakayoko 
Sam McClelland
Ruben Loftus-Cheek 
Ross Barkley  
Kenedy   
Hakim Ziyech
Christian Pulisic
Callum Hudson-Odoi  
Romelu Lukaku
Michy Batshuayi  

in real danger of being on it

Edouard Mendy  rapidly tiring of him
Kepa Arrizabalaga  not good enough to be the starter, and too expensive for the backup
Trevoh Chalobah 
N'Golo Kanté    (ONLY due to ageing out health issues now ruining him, when fit he is still magnificent)
Billy Gilmour  
Kai Havertz   it's do or die time
Armando Broja  

Edited by Vesper

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

shit list (expansive) ALL need to go go go, none should be here come the start the of 2023/24 season

Marcus Bettinelli  
Ethan Ampadu 
Malang Sarr
Emerson  
Marcos Alonso
Abdul-Rahman Baba
Ian Maatsen
Juan Castillo
César Azpilicueta
Dujon Sterling
Jorginho   
Tiémoué Bakayoko 
Sam McClelland
Ruben Loftus-Cheek 
Ross Barkley  
Kenedy   
Hakim Ziyech
Christian Pulisic
Callum Hudson-Odoi  
Romelu Lukaku
Michy Batshuayi  

in real danger of being on it

Edouard Mendy  rapidly tiring of him
Kepa Arrizabalaga  not good enough to be the starter, and too expensive for the backup
Trevoh Chalobah 
N'Golo Kanté    (ONLY due to ageing out health issues now ruining him, when fit he is still magnificent)
Billy Gilmour  
Kai Havertz   it's do or die time
Armando Broja  

Don't think that this long list of Deadwoods is the reason for our troubles. Despite so much expensive Deadwood, we could literally have players worth 250m-300m in our squad. 

It's the fact that our manager's diagnosis of the squad's problem is totally ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

The delay during our takeover process has really fucked us this window. We missed out on several players like Tchouameni, Raphinha, Kamara, and Jesus because of this.

Tchou was lost when we did not buy him last year, fucking Marina, another parting gift

Raphinha always wanted Barca

we didn't rate Boubacar Kamara

and we could have easily beat Arse for Jesus, but stupidly looked elsewhere

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we could have easily beat Arse for Jesus, but stupidly looked elsewhere

Why would you take jesus for 45m when you can have 33 year old auba for 25m. 

Atleast that's what our genius manager's thought process is. 😂

15 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Why would you take jesus for 45m when you can have 33 year old auba for 25m. 

Atleast that's what our genius manager's thought process is. 😂

When you put it like that.... it's unbelievable that we didn't go for Jesus.

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Tchou was lost when we did not buy him last year, fucking Marina, another parting gift

Raphinha always wanted Barca

we didn't rate Boubacar Kamara

and we could have easily beat Arse for Jesus, but stupidly looked elsewhere

Thats the thing. Sometimes high jacking deals worms.. other times the player must think sod off you didn't want me at the start soooo.....

On 19/08/2022 at 21:20, Fernando said:

Sterling is not at 30's but I understand your point of being in the league since 16, but he still has pace. 

And Jorginho is well aware we want to replace. If we can't get FDJ, then in the summer we shall see about Rice. 

Kante is always going to be hard to replace. No one out there will do what he does. Kinda like Lampard, once Lampard left no one has taken that spot. 

KK to me is really good, after losing leadership of Rudgier to me KK does replace him in terms of leadership. As we have too many young players. 

I think your negative me thinks. We are doing a hell of a work of improving the squad. And it will take next summer before we can start getting a more balanced team. So far I like the moves we done and if we get Fofana we are going in the right direction. 

I wish I was negative. But I am just honest. We are not improving the squad properly. I can't even tell it is our fault. We didn't get our prime targets. De light.  Kounde. Raphinha. Jesus. Those would improve us. But wasn't meant to be. 

Sterling, as I said before has Lukaku vibes. Much more talented but has best years behind him not ahead of him. Mediocre signing.

KK - I watched KK in Champions League since I like Napoli. He was nothing extraordinary. Much like Sterling, has best days behind him and I am not so convinced   he will be able to cope with PL and CL at the same time. Like I said before we  will see defense of Chilwell Cucu Silva James (Azpi) Rlc (James) quite often.

Cucu only positive signing in my book but even like that replaces hell of the player we had there last season. He hardly brings something new. But he will be handy as LCB.

I said we may miss out from top four and I am not being negative. In my last posts I explained why but to summarize:

Our defense has weakened. Big time. KK, Silva, Azpi in their thirties. Could get away with that if we were Napoli from Seria A, or had killers up front like Lfc from PL.

Our midfield didn't improve but with Kante and Kova injury status it regressed. Much as our defense. 

Attack - it marginally improved with Sterling. 

We do not have better squad than we had in our CL year. And others do.

Chelsea to rival Premier League clubs for 26-year-old striker

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2022/08/Chelsea-in-the-race-to-sign-brentford-striker-ivan-toney-latest-transfer-news/

Chelsea are in the race with Everton and Manchester United to sign Brentford striker Ivan Toney

According to the Mirror, Chelsea are set to rival Premier League clubs Everton and Manchester United to sign Brentford striker Ivan Toney in the summer transfer window.

Toney has been a United target during the course of this summer, but now they are joined by two more top-flight clubs. Chelsea, who are also trying to seal the move to sign Barcelona striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, are still in the market to sign a centre-forward irrespective of whether that deal gets completed or not.

As a matter of fact, Brentford are bracing themselves for bids expected to come in for Toney, who has been a talisman for them over the last two seasons.

Edited by Vesper

36 minutes ago, DDA said:

When you put it like that.... it's unbelievable that we didn't go for Jesus.

From what I saw in reports, we did enquire about him but he felt his situation here would be similar to that of City where he'd be part of the squad whereas at Arsenal he'd be undisputed first choice striker.

It's disappointing as I think him alongside Sterling would have significantly changed the outlook of our attack.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

he felt his situation here would be similar to that of City where he'd be part of the squad whereas at Arsenal he'd be undisputed first choice striker.

that makes no sense, we only had the very unproven Broja, no other Cf's

Kai is shit at CF in the EPL

he is simply not a player who is going to flourish in role other than AMF or maybe SS, neither of which we play, unless we go 3 5 2, as we apparently are not going to play a back 2 under Tuchel

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea to rival Premier League clubs for 26-year-old striker

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2022/08/Chelsea-in-the-race-to-sign-brentford-striker-ivan-toney-latest-transfer-news/

Chelsea are in the race with Everton and Manchester United to sign Brentford striker Ivan Toney

According to the Mirror, Chelsea are set to rival Premier League clubs Everton and Manchester United to sign Brentford striker Ivan Toney in the summer transfer window.

Toney has been a United target during the course of this summer, but now they are joined by two more top-flight clubs. Chelsea, who are also trying to seal the move to sign Barcelona striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, are still in the market to sign a centre-forward irrespective of whether that deal gets completed or not.

As a matter of fact, Brentford are bracing themselves for bids expected to come in for Toney, who has been a talisman for them over the last two seasons.

Do it.