Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

More trouble. Not just the dodgy Washington £20m sale that we backed out of due to threats from the EPL, UEFA and FIFA......

BUT....

Diego Moreira’s move from Chelsea to Strasbourg earlier in the summer window for around £7.5m is being reviewed by the Premier League, UEFA, and FIFA.

Edited by Vesper

7 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Disasi is trash get over it man, you don't need to rate Chalobah to know he is the better player.

Which part of my post that you just replied to did I say disasi’s name once? My post was about trev. Playing out from the back requires a particular skill set, if you stick players in there to do it who can’t, your asking for far more problems than been a bit better at defending, 

if you actually look at the signings for enzo rather than the shit they bought before, they all suit that profile of player, even tosin, great passer, axel had had a snif in a ECL cup qualifier and was shite! No ones defending disasi, him bads, noni mudryk will all be sold 

Edited by YorkshireBlue

1 hour ago, Strike said:

It’s so weird they prioritised Sancho and Osimhen and failed to get a few players like DFofana, Carney and Matos out of the door

We were told there’s now competent directors in place for all aspects of recruitment now so why is it that the club is still so chaotic in the window ? Deals till the last day. 

Wait what. Is Carney still here what 

2 minutes ago, IMissEden said:

Wait what. Is Carney still here what 

Yes, people seem to think because a player is up for sale they will be sold, what people forget to realise is clubs have to want to buy them first.  

what a hot mess

need to see what happens with leagues whose windows are still open before I give a detailed summary

but it is looking grim indeed

IF we are going to get a 2 year transfer ban and it kicks in starting this winter

we are in serious trouble if a few key players get injured (Jackson, Fofana, Colwill, Jörgensen (assuming he comes good), Palmer)

Edited by Vesper

West Ham were told loan + obligation for Carney but didn’t want to do that, interesting to see if he’s re-integrated.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

what a hot mess

need to see what happens with leagues whose windows are still open before I give a detailed summary

but it is looking grim indeed

IF we are going to get a 2 year transfer ban and it kicks in starting thsi winter

we are in serious trouble if a few key players get injured (Jackson, Fofana, Colwill, Jörgensen (assuming he comes good), Palmer)

We're stacked up front - we will be fine there. Defence is the only issue. Hardly grim - we had a great transfer window. 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

laughable claim

Veiga and KDH as midfield depth.

Neto and Felix for upfront depth and solid starting options (in turn less Sterling and Mudryk which is a massive plus). 

Lukaku out. 

We had so many of our best players injured last season like Nkunku, James, Lavia, etc that we can't bloat the squad any more to give them options. 

The only thing we missed out on was a CB of starting quality. I'm not confident there, and don't rate Levi that highly - but clearly they want to give the pairing a go. I think they deserve that opportunity. 

Chelsea made between 5-7 proposals to try and sign Victor Osimhen, but none of them came “even close” to his Napoli salary. Chelsea tried a base wage plus add ons for UCL qualification and goals scored. They did their best for FFP. (@FabrizioRomano)

End of the Saga!!

38 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Which part of my post that you just replied to did I say disasi’s name once? My post was about trev. Playing out from the back requires a particular skill set, if you stick players in there to do it who can’t, your asking for far more problems than been a bit better at defending, 

if you actually look at the signings for enzo rather than the shit they bought before, they all suit that profile of player, even tosin, great passer, axel had had a snif in a ECL cup qualifier and was shite! No ones defending disasi, him bads, noni mudryk will all be sold 

This the manager prefers this player of that is pure pretence. Clownlake know which players they want to sell and those magically fall out of favour with Maresca. He is their puppet. 
You are deluding yourself if you think disasi or Badi are better at plying out from the back than trev. That’s just coping. Clownlake are clueless, made a bad decision and just as they are trying to save face with this brainless loan you retrospectively try to justify that decision 

I really doubt Osimhen will be training alone at Napoli til January, probably he goes to Saudi on a perm still, or goes on loan to somewhere like Portugal, Holland etc with Napoli covering 2/3rds of his wages with him back up for sale in Jan or summer. I imagine Napoli would want to send him out to wherever he can absolutely farm goals (some crazy attacking side who scores a lot but concede a lot?) and pump his value back up. If he doesn't score a lot or get injured though they are really fucked - and no way they can afford to carry his salary and lose all that transfer money long term either, it would cripple them for a long time.

Hope we do not go back in for him though, he had his chance to play for Chels.

Just now, Thor said:

Veiga and KDH as midfield depth.

Neto and Felix for upfront depth and solid starting options (in turn less Sterling and Mudryk which is a massive plus). 

Lukaku out. 

We had so many of our best players injured last season like Nkunku, James, Lavia, etc that we can't bloat the squad any more to give them options. 

The only thing we missed out on was a CB of starting quality. I'm not confident there, and don't rate Levi that highly - but clearly they want to give the pairing a go. I think they deserve that opportunity. 

we are fucked at CF during AFCON and/or if Jackson gets injured

I am not at all sold on KDF so far (I remain open to being convinced)

our CBs and GKers are overall, despite hundreds of millions spent, far from remotely being a solid group and potentially disasterclass, especially if Fofana (horrid injury record) and/or Colwill go down, plus we are also in dire straits if Jörgensen turns out to be dross

so many of the 'exits' are just loans with no obligations to buy, thus they are just kick the can down the road band-aids

the Sterling loan is a joke, no fee, no obligation, and we are still on the hook for probably around £175K PW or so for wages, plus likely all his bonus payments

we are now probably under the cosh for those dodgy Strasbourg sales/attempted sales

failed on multiple loans and sales (so far, some windows are still open) including the massive salaried Chilwell

About that, what are we gonna do with Chilwell? If he sits around a year that’s not only financially a catastrophe, his value will tank but also he really is not that bad. He would still be a good backup at LB and playing that inverted role can’t be so hard. Cucu and veiga are hardly technically or tactically better and picked it up in no time 

Chilwell has already been offered to Jose Mourinho's Fenerbahce, with their Turkish international Ferdi Kadioglu completing a late-August move to Brighton & Hove Albion.

@JacobsBen

Chelsea’s obligation to buy clause in Sancho’s contract will be triggered if they finish in top 14 of PL this season.

The purchase fee is between £20m & £25m depending on where Chelsea finish. The higher they finish the higher the fee

@TelegraphDucker

14 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

DDF needs to be reintegrated back into the squad. Jackson and Guiu isnt enough.

He would partner with Nkunku very well I personally think from what I saw Nk Leipzig. Basically perfect foils for the others strengths