Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, Wise Old Man said:

Officially high on Duran. Future elite striker , a must buy. Can we not chuck Chalobah Broja and some spare change their way 

Think our chance has been and gone, and 90% of this forum had a fucking melt down when we were linked.

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Think our chance has been and gone, and 90% of this forum had a fucking melt down when we were linked.

He wasn’t flavor of the month back then I suppose. Didn’t have enough goals on his resume. Talent was always there for anyone to see though 

Felix for 50m euros is probably alright for a player of his quality. The problem remains that we are stacked in AM. 
One big plus is that creative players like him will be more important in unlocking deep buses than speedsters like Noni/mud/sterling…

Now we have 4 attackers who can create a goal out of nothing : Neto, nkunku, palmer, Felix. last season we basically were offensively done whenever palmer was out. 
Still 7 players + possibly Carney/Kellyman/some Academy graduates on the fringes is way too much for 3 or max 4 positions (given palmer and nkunku can play false 9)

Always liked the look of Duran but hey, of course he looks good at Villa. Thats a club that is being managed properly. It has the right conditions set up for young players to thrive. Ours is a chaotic mess, buy whoever whenever whatever the moment dictates.

It’s looking very likely to me now that no new striker will be bought. Osimhen to PSG, Omorodion is a no-go thankfully, Duran did the “I stay” gesture during his goal celebration today and there’s surely no way they sell him this late in the window. Toney is Brentford’s best player and they wouldn’t sell him this late or they’d be a relegation candidate. I probably wouldn’t have him anyways.

Does’t really leave much out there in an already sparse center forward market.

I say play the patient game. Trust that Nico will take a step up, that Guiu will develop well, and that the combo of Nkunku, Palmer, Felix, and Neto can contribute plenty of goals. I actually think these are pretty realistic bets.

Then have a look in January at how the strike market shales up if we need to. Do NOT panic buy some random dude near the deadline in 2 weeks, please!

The final fee for João Félix won't be €60m, €65m, €70m as reported in Spain.

The expectation is to be lower, probably something around €40m, maximum €45m, but I think it's going to be around €40m plus add-ons.

This could be the structure of the deal.

@FabrizioRomano

11 minutes ago, mkh said:

The expectation is to be lower, probably something around €40m, maximum €45m, but I think it's going to be around €40m plus add-ons.

@FabrizioRomano

Outstanding business if true.

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Fabrizio confirming PSG is likely to go for a striker now that Goncalo Ramos is out for months.

So there’s Osimhen off the table for us, surely.

Yeah, let PSG buy him. Win, win for everyone. VO gets his mega money, Napoli have space for Lukaku, PSG get a CF that will score in the French league and turn up when it doesn't matter in the CL and we will avoid getting an overpaid CF who has massive questions over the technical side of his game. Jackpot imo. 

7 minutes ago, mkh said:

@FabrizioRomano

€40-€45m is fine for Felix if his wages are sub-£100k. For me, he will be fine as a squad rotation player who may kick on a level still. In addition, it means an upgrade to Sterling/Mudryk. So it isn't a complete head scratcher like some of pur transfers. 

3 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Ah yes - he scores and the hype begins. 

The same people saying he was shit will be begging the club to buy him in 2 seasons. 

One of the few strikers you can see will be an absolute hit and people on here were disgusted at us potentially getting him like you said. Watch them turn in the next season or two. 

33 minutes ago, Thor said:

Ah yes - he scores and the hype begins. 

The same people saying he was shit will be begging the club to buy him in 2 seasons. 

One of the few strikers you can see will be an absolute hit and people on here were disgusted at us potentially getting him like you said. Watch them turn in the next season or two. 

No need to wait 2 seasons. It literally happened today instantly after he scored. 

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

No need to wait 2 seasons. It literally happened today instantly after he scored. 

But bro - Watkins starts ahead of him. He is clearly trash because he can't start for Villa. And he will never ever get better.

11 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Yes thankfully he is staying. Duran would be no upgrade. 

When we were linked to him everyone in this forum was against this transfer. One decent game, just one winning goal and also must goal misst by duran everone is saying we should buy him. For me duran is not Chelsea level. 

Some people in this forum are acting like our club and still complaining. The grass on the other side is NOT always greener. 😉

21 minutes ago, FrankLampard007 said:

Yes thankfully he is staying. Duran would be no upgrade. 

When we were linked to him everyone in this forum was against this transfer. One decent game, just one winning goal and also must goal misst by duran everone is saying we should buy him. For me duran is not Chelsea level. 

Some people in this forum are acting like our club and still complaining. The grass on the other side is NOT always greener. 😉

yup. There was a time we bought them ready to play and win silverware. Nowadays we buy "projects" for the same amount (or more) of money, and have to wait a few years until they learn to play football, or not, it's a wild ride... NOT!

Tbf is has been a bit better than last season, and the team is better overall.
Duran would've been just another project. He looks physical, quick, energetic, and can finish. Is he an elite footballer? nope not even close. Can he become one one day? maybe who the fuck knows?!
BTW, he missed a terrible sitter just before he scored. 

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I don't think that has ever been said about him.

He lacks certain attributes, which is the reason he's not hot commodity, but he's certainly not a "shit player." He's twice the player Mudryk is for one, which is one of the reasons I was saying the squad wasn't good enough last season. Once you have players like Felix in the squad, that raises the bar--even if I'm not personally a fan of his firefly game.