Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

42 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Well he replaced Sanchez initially due to injury then on merit. So, he is better than Sanchez and Sanchez appears to be staying. His signing (as a GK2/3) is pretty much the only GK signing that has made any sense and now they're selling him. 

exactly

he did a fine job, tbh

far better than sanchez

14 hours ago, Pizy said:

I know a lot of our fans have turned on Enzo after an underwhelming season but to suggest Conor is better than him is equally as dumb. All 3 of our current CM’s have talent/potential to be world class. Gallagher is an above average workhorse and nothing more.

I wouldn't say I've turned on Enzo. I'm waiting for him to impress me, but with reducing expectation that he will. For £106m you would hope for world class, but I'm not seeing that level of performance. Worse, I'm not recognising the potential for it either.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

Well he replaced Sanchez initially due to injury then on merit. So, he is better than Sanchez and Sanchez appears to be staying. His signing (as a GK2/3) is pretty much the only GK signing that has made any sense and now they're selling him. 

Petrovic had an average season. Most of his underlying numbers were among the worst for keepers. Not sure why he gets all this praise here. Between him and Sanchez, they've made the right call for Maresca's playing style

Petrovic was just above average, lets not hide things here, we just accepted it because he was slightly better than Sanchez who we were told was very good with his feet when he joined, that was a myth completely, he's fucking useless with his feet.

We haven't had a top keeper since Cech, the rest have been fucking absolute dog shit, we have just settled for mediocrity not just in goal but in numerous positions across the field.

Petrovic can be a decent keeper, he has good reflexes and already has some experience at Chelsea and instead of building on that  is take another. But having that these clowns will not take proven players better  stay with that you have you dont need another season with experiments .

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I wouldn't say I've turned on Enzo. I'm waiting for him to impress me, but with reducing expectation that he will. For £106m you would hope for world class, but I'm not seeing that level of performance. Worse, I'm not recognising the potential for it either.

Yeah, people who "turned on Enzo" are probably the same delusional people who believed he is worth anything close to what club paid and for him, not to mention this whole humiliating circus around this transfer, and will single-handedly carry this club (contrary to Palmer, who came here pretty much unnoticed ironically). Still can't understand where this whole mass apeshit came from, but it was soon repeated with Caicedo.

Those ridiculous pricetags inflate expectations, rightfully so, yet Chelsea is difficult enough to hit fire up for actually good players, not to mention alleged superstar potential, that is super hard to realize here. 

4 minutes ago, milka said:

Petrovic can be a decent keeper, he has good reflexes and already has some experience at Chelsea and instead of building on that  is take another. But having that these clowns will not take proven players better  stay with that you have you dont need another season with experiments .

If he was staying you'd be posting that its a joke, never good enough, poor ownership, total disgrace, obviously should be buying someone etc etc

8 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

If he was staying you'd be posting that its a joke, never good enough, poor ownership, total disgrace, obviously should be buying someone etc etc

Is it me or are all the Bulgarian supporters on here sad sacks? 

7 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

You find it humiliating?

Of course, their board told us to piss off pretty much in not very pr-friendly language, Enzo himself publicly backed off with his will to move, yet we came back a few times, throwing more and more ridiculous money into this, way beyond initial proposal. Can't imagine City or Real engaging in such desperate activity, especially over relatively unknown and unproven player

9 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Of course, their board told us to piss off pretty much in not very pr-friendly language, Enzo himself publicly backed off with his will to move, yet we came back a few times, throwing more and more ridiculous money into this, way beyond initial proposal. Can't imagine City or Real engaging in such desperate activity, especially over relatively unknown and unproven player

But why do you find it humiliating, your not involved. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, never understand why fans get humiliated by stuff.

19 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

But why do you find it humiliating, your not involved. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, never understand why fans get humiliated by stuff.

I think every fan is involved. What kind of message does such act send? Owners pretty much showed that half-anonymous player from Portuguese league is bigger than the club itself and then expect our players to fight for the badge. All criticism aside, Chelsea in it's current form gives incredible trampoline to young players who otherwise couldn't even smell stuff from the Megastore, so take it or be forgotten philosophy would be even more understandable.

Just imagine Real Madrid coming for Gallagher this window for 50 million, Boehly publicly says he doesn't care for offers from such funny little club who think big of themselves, player says he doesn't mind, he will stay and focus on Chelsea and then they end up tossing 120 million for him after 10 publicly broadcasted refusals. Absolutely ridiculous to think about it yet it's pretty much what we've done, except Gallagher is proven in PREMIER LEAGUE and Enzo had a good patch in Portugal. If we don't take ourselves seriously, no one will.

Edited by Vegetable

7 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I think every fan is involved

I never got an email or knock at the door a phone call for my opinion on this, no fan is involved in transfers you support the club and go to games and but the merch, that's your involvement, anything else has nothing to do with us and we have zero say, I won't be embarrassed by anything I've had absolutely no say or part in. My question to you is are you a fan or a supporter? 

Edited by YorkshireBlue

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

Those ridiculous pricetags inflate expectations, rightfully so, yet Chelsea is difficult enough to hit fire up for actually good players, not to mention alleged superstar potential, that is super hard to realize here. 

This has been a truth that somebody should write a book about.

19 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I never got an email or knock at the door a phone call for my opinion on this, no fan is involved in transfers you support the club and go to games and but the merch, that's your involvement, anything else has nothing to do with us and we have zero say, I won't be embarrassed by anything I've had absolutely no say or part in. My question to you is are you a fan or a supporter? 

In such literal take, yeah sure, we are not involved, same way as we are not involved in 11 passengers showing up to games.

We all have our own motivations, but after 20 or more years of supporting this club, travelling to few games when travelling to game half of Europe wasn't that easy and having way more emotional involvement into something that doesn't touch me directly I consider this thing some small piece of my life, as most of us perhaps. I don't care for results as such as they come and go, that's what sport is about, but all I expect in return for my supports is gravitas of sorts - in form of people acting appropriately. For this reason I want players to show up to every game, don't want people, who wouldn't find a job two divisions lower to be at helm here, don't want to act like a sunday league operation in terms of self respect, don't want shitfaced Barkley falling out of taxi and don't want likes of Toney, Tonali or Mutu anywhere near the stadium. If people directly involved don't care, do they deserve me doing so?

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

In such literal take, yeah sure, we are not involved, same way as we are not involved in 11 passengers showing up to games.

We all have our own motivations, but after 20 or more years of supporting this club, travelling to few games when travelling to game half of Europe wasn't that easy and having way more emotional involvement into something that doesn't touch me directly I consider this thing some small piece of my life, as most of us perhaps. I don't care for results as such as they come and go, that's what sport is about, but all I expect in return for my supports is gravitas of sorts - in form of people acting appropriately. For this reason I want players to show up to every game, don't want people, who wouldn't find a job two divisions lower to be at helm here, don't want to act like a sunday league operation in terms of self respect, don't want shitfaced Barkley falling out of taxi and don't want likes of Toney, Tonali or Mutu anywhere near the stadium. If people directly involved don't care, do they deserve me doing so?

Short answer is no they don't deserve you to care, and unfortunately when owners are splashing billions in a club I suppose they are entitled to do what these please as it's theirs we don't have to agree with it but we can't stop it, it's no different than building an extensions on your house and your neighbours complaining about it because they have loved on the street longer than u have, all you think is fuck off it's my house I'll do wtf I want.

10 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Short answer is no they don't deserve you to care, and unfortunately when owners are splashing billions in a club I suppose they are entitled to do what these please as it's theirs we don't have to agree with it but we can't stop it, it's no different than building an extensions on your house and your neighbours complaining about it because they have loved on the street longer than u have, all you think is fuck off it's my house I'll do wtf I want.

The difference is Clearlake are just the current custodians of our club. They, and all other clubs are fuck all without fans and they know it.