Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

These are our fucking scouts!

I think they hired the wrong scouts, maybe in the interview they told the owners they have all there scouting badges work well as a team, can read maps can build a fire and can build a tent from scratch. 

Our owners heard 

Have all my scouting badges, work well with teams, can read data maps can build something that is going to be fire and can build a team from scratch.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I think they hired the wrong scouts, maybe in the interview they told the owners they have all there scouting badges work well as a team, can read maps can build a fire and can build a tent from scratch. 

Our owners heard 

Have all my scouting badges, work well with teams, can read data maps can build something that is going to be fire and can build a team from scratch.

I wonder that perhaps the issue isn't such much as identifying potential, but understanding what potential means *in football* vs other sports.

Perhaps the execution part is slightly misunderstood? Referring to the actions and conditions required to develop potential, regardless of the outcome.

They had success doing this with the Dodgers. They are doing the same thing thinking it will translate to success. Sometimes people think that what worked once, will always work. Buying the best young players and hitting on some of them developing into great players. They will never stop buying young players year after year. 

This is ridiculous, but would make much more sense had we have the long overdue satellite club.

Meanwhile overloading the club with allegedly talented players for a price of actually decent players is a highway down the table, not the opposite way.

Seeing the preseason, watching selling academy products due to "financial reasons" and buying 37493724 overpaid players, who somehow manage to look trash even on yt compilations, at the same time makes me seriously concerned whether the team in it's current shape even capable of playing on Premier League level, despite having like 70 men on the roster.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

They had success doing this with the Dodgers. They are doing the same thing thinking it will translate to success. Sometimes people think that what worked once, will always work. Buying the best young players and hitting on some of them developing into great players. They will never stop buying young players year after year. 

That's what I'm afraid of: the success rate (of developing potential) and conditions needed in a free-flowing contact sport like football can be drastically different.

Knowing where to move, how to move, is often more important than being able to run faster or longer. THat's esp true in certain positions where knowing the "shortcuts" like Thiago Silva did can be invaluable esp in tough matches where a mistake will send you home.

Edited by robsblubot

I don’t really buy into what Simon Jordan has to say about any team. But right now I will take a hug from anyone concerning Chelsea.

Simon Jordan: "We are making excuse for Ten Hag for having had hundreds of pounds of players brought in and they haven't hit the ground.

And the margins between Chelsea winning the League Cup and beating City in the FA Cup semi final and winning the FA Cup and getting into the top 6 were very small.

And given they were poor at the beginning of the season, and given that they were so uncohesive, they were tiny margins away from winning something.

With that in mind, I still expect Chelsea to right this ship. And I still think Chelsea will surprise people this season."

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I don’t really buy into what Simon Jordan has to say about any team. But right now I will take a hug from anyone concerning Chelsea.

Simon Jordan: "We are making excuse for Ten Hag for having had hundreds of pounds of players brought in and they haven't hit the ground.

And the margins between Chelsea winning the League Cup and beating City in the FA Cup semi final and winning the FA Cup and getting into the top 6 were very small.

And given they were poor at the beginning of the season, and given that they were so uncohesive, they were tiny margins away from winning something.

With that in mind, I still expect Chelsea to right this ship. And I still think Chelsea will surprise people this season."

Agreed concerning the City match even with the caveat that they were tired (once again tired does not only mean less running) and missing Haaland.

But not the Liverpool match; we just did not look like winning that one not even in OT.

10 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Agreed concerning the City match even with the caveat that they were tired (once again tired does not only mean less running) and missing Haaland.

But not the Liverpool match; we just did not look like winning that one not even in OT.

We hit the bar and missed a golden chance on about 80 minutes at 0-0. We were pretty close to winning that one… 

9 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

We hit the bar and missed a golden chance on about 80 minutes at 0-0. We were pretty close to winning that one… 

The Liverpool match? ah maybe I'm mistaken -- always thought Liverpool were the better side despite missing most of their attack.
BYW, I do remember our bench options being dismal when playing them... like not really better than "Liverpool kids."

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

Buying the best young players, yeah right more than half of these youngsters are pure dross. 

I said it before and I will continue to say it, buying young talent without experience isn't necessary the problem, quality is the most important which these idiots have completely forgot to take into equation.

Literally throwing money at the likes of Ugochukwu omari and Omorodion. Could have got a really good player for that money instead of 3 nothing players 

25 minutes ago, Wise Old Man said:

Literally throwing money at the likes of Ugochukwu omari and Omorodion. Could have got a really good player for that money instead of 3 nothing players 

Don't forget we also threw money on Mudryk (70 million - if all clauses met), Fofana (75 mil - if all clauses are met)...

That Omari deal with Villa was purely PSR transfers (just to give them a profit so that they give us a profit for Maatsen after Dortmund didn't want to pay the clause). 

4 hours ago, TheHulk said:

These are our fucking scouts!

Haha people are just adding Petrovic's name to any post just to make the club look bad.   The guy was signed as a backup keeper from the MLS, played a bunch of games because our other keepers were out injured.

All of this could have been avoided if we didn't give Brighton 25 million for their 3rd choice GK.   

11 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Haha people are just adding Petrovic's name to any post just to make the club look bad.   The guy was signed as a backup keeper from the MLS, played a bunch of games because our other keepers were out injured.

All of this could have been avoided if we didn't give Brighton 25 million for their 3rd choice GK.   

Well he replaced Sanchez initially due to injury then on merit. So, he is better than Sanchez and Sanchez appears to be staying. His signing (as a GK2/3) is pretty much the only GK signing that has made any sense and now they're selling him.