Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Brief just went out. Yep, Omorodion is definitely on the way if City agree to sell Alvarez to Atleti.

Orstein now also echoing Matt Law about Osimhen still being possible even if we sign Omorodion. How that’s going to work, idk. There’s talk of Nico Jackson being deployed as a LW? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Brief just went out. Yep, Omorodion is definitely on the way if City agree to sell Alvarez to Atleti.

Orstein now also echoing Matt Law about Osimhen still being possible even if we sign Omorodion. How that’s going to work, idk. There’s talk of Nico Jackson being deployed as a LW? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Omorodion is a little bit expensive and Guiu is the cheapest one. But we also bought for solid money Washington and Fofana. All 4 for me are in the same category. All are bet for the future. So if all this happens Osimhen first striker. It's up to Maresca to decide second and third but probably gonna be Omorodion and Guiu who can still go on loan. Jackson yes, could play LW. For Conference league we need 2nd team. 

For CB also. So many players already here but it didn't stop us from buying Argentinian guy. And maybe one more. Same for RW. We are just stockpiling talent. They don't care about numbers. 

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Omorodion is a little bit expensive and Guiu is the cheapest one. But we also bought for solid money Washington and Fofana. All 4 for me are in the same category. All are bet for the future. So if all this happens Osimhen first striker. It's up to Maresca to decide second and third but probably gonna be Omorodion and Guiu who can still go on loan. Jackson yes, could play LW. For Conference league we need 2nd team. 

For CB also. So many players already here but it didn't stop us from buying Argentinian guy. And maybe one more. Same for RW. We are just stockpiling talent. They don't care about numbers. 

We will have to care about numbers. We can't motivate and keep 30 + players in the squad. City usually keep under 25 players and play the same core over and over. Same with the successful teams elsewhere - like Madrid.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

We will have to care about numbers. We can't motivate and keep 30 + players in the squad. City usually keep under 25 players and play the same core over and over. Same with the successful teams elsewhere - like Madrid.

Many will go on loan. There is no restrictions for youth. And we just bought for 24m another Brazilian AM. Do we need for that position another player? No. If 1 in 5 turns out good our recruiting team is happy. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

17 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I think there is something else to it.  I wonder if that Brazilian wonder kid's transfer is gonna cost us a chance to get a proper CB and a proper 9. 

30+ on KDH, Veiga, that Brazilian wonder kid, Tosin (free), Guiu (6 mil)....and the only one adding a bit of quality this season is KDH.

I'm sort of surprised the club hasn't moved for Guehi from Palace to help sort out the CB situation. 

I believed young signings had a "separate budget." Sometimes it's difficult to keep track of what's going on.

Talk of Osimhen AND Samu. You just know it's setting us up for a fall & we'll just end up with the latter.

It just feels like we’re neglecting the now for the later. I’m fine with us buying up all these top talents but we also need to be buying more plug and play guys for right now. 

I don’t think this new ownership fully grasps the fact that going without UCL football for several consecutive seasons is very damaging. The mentality feels like “meh, we may be out of it for 3 years or so but when these kids come good we’ll be back for the long run.” And that’s very dangerous.

Especially for a club like us with a comparatively tiny stadium. That UCL money and the sponsors that want to associate themselves with you are much more important to us than our rivals who get lots more cash through their gates.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’m fine with us buying up all these top talents

If only they would actually be top talents.

So with hotels sold and one of the only academy-made players who actually cared gone to "avoid dire financial problems" we can now proceed to hoard another 17 random sunday league level exciting talents for 30 million each, right?

Btw, even if any of those bs buys would actually turn out Real Madrid level of wonderkid, we are aware those players need a right environment to actually become top players, right? Meanwhile the club is still mess, manager is questionable, academy is becoming alibi for money-flipping mid players, we have zero seniority or experienced players bar likes of Sanchez, lol, and no clear direction. Surely such guy would fire up during loan to Mallorca B and win us PL next season.

Edited by Vegetable

Samu looks to be worse than NJ in all categories but I assume the only way to get Gallagher off to either Villa or Atletico was to agree to buy a striker they aren't fussed about in a swap deal?

Doing the swap makes sense from the perspective we need a striker more than we need a midfielder, but its obviously not an upgrade.

My bet would be he would be understudy to NJ, sub appearances + cup games, train with us for a year to get his name out there, loan deal in PL, sold year after for FFP profit (perhaps a real one but at least a FFP one probably)

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Gilchrist is off to Sheff United on loan all done

Chelsea’s Alfie Gilchrist agrees Sheffield United loan

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5681642/2024/08/05/alfie-gilchrist-Chelsea-sheffield-united/

GettyImages-2000311046-scaled-e171206085

Chelsea defender Alfie Gilchrist has agreed to join Sheffield United on a season-long loan.

The 20-year-old, who made 17 appearances for the first team last season, is travelling to Sheffield tonight (Monday) ahead of undergoing a medical tomorrow.

Gilchrist was not taken on Chelsea’s pre-season tour of the United States because the plan was always for him to go on loan in 2024-25 in order for him to get regular game time.

A number of clubs have expressed an interest over the last few months, including Serie A side Como who are coached by former Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas, but he is heading to Bramall Lane.

Gilchrist broke into Chelsea’s senior team last season, making his debut against Crystal Palace in December and was regularly picked by former head coach Mauricio Pochettino after that. Gilchrist scored his first goal for the club in a 6-0 win over Everton in April less than two weeks after agreeing a new contract until 2026. That deal also contains an option for another 12 months.

Chelsea believe Gilchrist, who has been at the club since joining the academy as an under-11, will benefit from the experience of playing elsewhere. He has played at right-back and left-back for Chelsea, but prefers to operate as a centre-back.

Sheffield United begin their Championship campaign on Friday with a trip to Preston North End.

(John Walton/PA Images via Getty Images)

10 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Can we please sign a CB who is in their prime.

Ronald Araujo and Giorgio Scalvini are long term injured

so

that leaves (pretty much every remotely possible, remotely worth looking at (ATM) option valued at 10m euros and up, with NO teens in this list)

the 10 in bold are my core targets, some on this list are stretches in terms of being good enough IMHO

Alessandro Bastoni (basically an impossible pull)
Matthijs de Ligt  (pass)
Bremer   
Marquinhos (yes , he is 30yo, but I feel he will be like a Thiago Silva-lite type)
António Silva (turns 21 in October, but this will be his 3rd season as a full time starter and international)
Edmond Tapsoba 
Gonçalo Inácio 
Jarrad Branthwaite  
Ousmane Diomande 
Piero Hincapié  
Castello Lukeba 
Murillo (I am coming around to him a bit)
Mohamed Simakan 
Willian Pacho 

Odilon Kossounou 
Jean-Clair Todibo  
Dávid Hancko 
Cristhian Mosquera   

Olivier Boscagli   
Malick Thiaw 
Facundo Medina 
Perr Schuurs
Evan Ndicka 
Kevin Danso  
Pierre Kalulu 
Isak Hien  
Maxence Lacroix  
Adam Webster 
Danilho Doekhi  
Yann Bisseck
Merih Demiral  
Nicolò Casale 
Presnel Kimpembe   (only if fully recovered)
Mikayil Faye (20yo so sort of cheating putting him on here, due to lack of experience)
Aurèle Amenda (a real stretch)